September 24, 2024, 02:21:49 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on September 14, 2015, 03:21:52 PM
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/27336-nintendos-new-president-tatsumi-kimishima-advised-against-the-wii-u/

QuoteKimishima used that business experience to advise against shipping the Wii U console, fearing it would fail because it was too similar to the Wii. While it's hard to argue that 10 million units sold is a failure, the ailing system has had trouble maintaining third party support and has been remaining afloat largely because of first party and indie titles.

oh my god, a nintendo employee who isn't completely tone deaf

where has this guy been all my life
'while it's hard to argue that ten million units sold is a failure'

what nintendo-laced fanboy drug is this guy smoking?  the VITA has sold more than the wii u and is considered all but dead.  if nintendo's well of franchises were just a little bit shallower, the wii u would be dryer than california atm

Kalahari Inkantation

even the dreamcast, the biggest embarrassment in console history, never once sold as slowly as the wii u does (not while it was in production,at least)

in fact, the dreamcast's total sales still to this day beat the wii u by half a million units, despite the fact that the wii u's been on the market for a full year longer than the dreamcast ever was

kimishima is completely correct: it's nothing but trash

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on September 14, 2015, 05:36:16 PM
even the dreamcast, the biggest embarrassment in console history, never once sold as slowly as the wii u does (not while it was in production,at least)

in fact, the dreamcast's total sales still to this day beat the wii u by half a million units, despite the fact that the wii u's been on the market for a full year longer than the dreamcast ever was

kimishima is completely correct: it's nothing but trash
agreed

how anyone can honestly defend the wii u is beyond me

Thyme

Thyme

so it's been agreed by david and me that you would give me yours when the nx comes out, tec 5thgrade;

Kalahari Inkantation

friends don't burden friends with hazardous waste akudood;

bluaki

Quote from: Thyme on September 14, 2015, 05:49:02 PM
still kinda want one cry;
Even if it's been a failure in terms of marketing, sales, and third-party support, I'd still say it has a good number of quality first party games. And games that you want but can't get on the hardware you already have should be the biggest reason to buy a console.

Kalahari Inkantation

fun fact:

even by iwata's own metric, the wii u is a complete failure

http://www.1up.com/news/iwata-wii-doesn-outsell-gamecube

Quote from: iwataWii will be a failure if it cannot sell far more than GameCube did. In fact, we shouldn't continue this business if our only target is to outsell GameCube.

C.Mongler

eh i have a real job and there's like 8 or 9 games i have on it that are kool so fuck yall is what im gettin at

bluaki

Breaking news: Wii U is getting a Metroid Prime game hocuspocus;

[spoiler]Metroid Prime: Hunters is releasing to Wii U VC

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/metroid_prime_hunters_arrives_on_wii_u_virtual_console_in_japan[/spoiler]

Snowy

TooB

Great. nintendo is trying to heal wounds caused by fed force by giving us the not other m bad metroid game

C.Mongler

Go Up