June 22, 2024, 08:24:08 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i agree, but nda violations are srs bsns

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.ibtimes.com/pokemons-tekken-pokken-tournament-announced-wii-u-worldwide-release-date-new-2063428

took them long enough to confirm this, jesus christ

surprised it wasn't moved to the nx like a certain other prominent former wii u game

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Tectron on August 21, 2015, 07:06:48 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/pokemons-tekken-pokken-tournament-announced-wii-u-worldwide-release-date-new-2063428

took them long enough to confirm this, jesus christ

surprised it wasn't moved to the nx like a certain other prominent former wii u game
this game looks awful

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

Wii U is the first Nintendo system in generations (even including handhelds) without...
* Animal Crossing (non-boardgame)
* Metroid (in any form)
* Any Mario RPG
* Any Pokémon RPG
* A new Zelda (non-spinoff/remake)

All of these have entries on at least GCN, DS, Wii, and 3DS. Also N64 for all but Metroid. And GBA for all but AC.

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

the virtual boy is the only other nintendo console to have never received an exclusive zelda

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on September 08, 2015, 07:28:31 PM
Wii U is the first Nintendo system in generations (even including handhelds) without...
* Animal Crossing (non-boardgame)
* Metroid (in any form)
* Any Mario RPG
* Any Pokémon RPG
* A new Zelda (non-spinoff/remake)

All of these have entries on at least GCN, DS, Wii, and 3DS. Also N64 for all but Metroid. And GBA for all but AC.
See, imo, the 3DS and DS should also be included for not having Metroid

Snowy

silvertone

ME##

Quote from: Snowy on September 09, 2015, 07:56:51 AM
The DS has Hunters though.
saying that is metroid is like going to a three star restaurant and comparing its steak to something you'd get from a school cafeteria under obama's rules

Snowy

Quote from: David on September 09, 2015, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: Snowy on September 09, 2015, 07:56:51 AM
The DS has Hunters though.
saying that is metroid is like going to a three star restaurant and comparing its steak to something you'd get from a school cafeteria under obama's rules
i mean sure if you wanna look at it like that. I thought it was a decent game, and certainly more of a metroid game than that federation fighters game.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on September 07, 2015, 06:12:09 PM
Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2015, 02:46:19 PM
Surprisingly, it sounds like Miyamoto complained about the GamePad requiring additional processing power, producing what he calls 120 frames per second (but, really, GamePad's 480p frames shouldn't require nearly as much power as the TV's HD)

sometimes i can't help but wonder how miyamoto hasn't yet been gunpei yokoi'd

this is the same reason being floated around to justify star fox looking like absolute shit

the wii u was purportedly designed from the ground up to be able to support dual screens, with miyamoto himself playing a huge roll in its r&d, and now he's complaining that it's too weak to do precisely what it was designed to do and simultaneously support two screens????????

and at 480p, no less, lmao

how absolutely fuck;ing idiotic is nintendo's hardware development staff

how could a team of intelligent experienced designers of digital technology have such bewilderingly little foresight

it's simply inexcusable

the sheer incompetence being demonstrated out of nintendo hq for the past four years has been perfectly ineffable

miyamoto has literally no right to be complaining about anything, aside from his and nintendo's own flagrant stupidity, and should they continue down this path into the nx era then i will dance on the day of their bankruptcy

http://nintendoeverything.com/star-fox-zero-director-comments-on-the-games-visual-style/

Quote from: star fox zero directorWe decided to have two screens displaying 3D graphics at 60 frames per second. It was this and a few other factors, including it being the first time players will be using two screens like this on the Wii U, that led us to decide to base the graphical design on Lylat Wars.

'we decided to finally put the gamepad to use and have the wii u do precisely what it was designed to do for once....... but it turns out the system's actually too weak even for that oops lol, don't ask me how this pos made it out of product testing lmao'

confirmed: nintendo's hardware is literally too inadequate to support exactly the type of game it was purportedly designed for, and exactly the sorts of functions that were advertised as unique selling points

confirmed: nintendo is run by legitimate imbeciles and every single one of its hardware engineers needs to be gunpei yokoi'd stat

the entire wii u experiment has to be one of the most unfathomably idiotic things i've ever seen a company deliberately do to itself, in all honesty

i am in utter disbelief that they could honestly think this is a valid excuse for the garbage quality of this game

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/27336-nintendos-new-president-tatsumi-kimishima-advised-against-the-wii-u/

QuoteKimishima used that business experience to advise against shipping the Wii U console, fearing it would fail because it was too similar to the Wii. While it's hard to argue that 10 million units sold is a failure, the ailing system has had trouble maintaining third party support and has been remaining afloat largely because of first party and indie titles.

oh my god, a nintendo employee who isn't completely tone deaf

where has this guy been all my life

Go Up