June 03, 2024, 10:12:33 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

bluaki

In my game, I found two shinies about an hour apart from each other
and I think I've heard a mention of similar things happening to other people

so maybe it's worth continuing to look around at wilds for a while tonight before saving and quitting

Samus Aran

i wouldn't be surprised if the rumors are true that the shiny rate did get bumped

but i also wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been and people are just getting lucky or it just seems that way because literally everyone's playing it

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on October 23, 2013, 12:07:06 AM
inb4 awful nature

idgaf i ain't gonna use him lol

his nature is indeed awful, though. calm. like seriously one of the worst natures possible for this guy.

Samus Aran

i'm reading various rumors. such as that the masuda method has been bumped, but wild shinies are the same rate. or that tipping people helps.

someone needs to crack into this thing already and put the rumors to rest i wanna know if the rates really have changed at all

bluaki

I don't know why, but people seem pretty certain that shinies with PokéRadar work exactly the same as before and that the new Fishing Chains work the same as PokéRadar does.

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

i've never even used the pokeradar before lol

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 23, 2013, 01:02:09 AM
i've never even used the pokeradar before lol
Before, in Sinnoh, PokéRadar sometimes revealed rare Pokémon that otherwise can't be found at all in the Sinnoh region.

Although I never looked into it before, it also had a side effect related to finding shinies. Now, that shiny effect is the only effect it has.

When you find the same species repeatedly in a chain, the chance of finding a shiny increases slightly each time, with it maxing at a shiny chance of like 1/200 after a chain of 40 Pokémon.

I don't know, I might consider trying this for just one shiny. These chances are still too low for me to really see it as worthwhile.

Samus Aran

yeah, although if i recall, that chain eventually breaks no matter what anyway so while your chance does cap at 1/200 at one point, it might break before it ever gets to that point

:(

anyway, i did some breeding tonight with eevees. all timid natures. i just wanted a female one to make into a timid female jolteon. female eevees are fairly uncommon, so yeah. but the point is, i have some timid male eeevees sitting around now. i doubt i need all of them. i may just offer them to anyone who wants one, though timid nature is pretty much only for jolteon anyway so if you dont want to train a jolteon than you probably dont care lol

don't let's

October 23, 2013, 07:13:30 AM #1044 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:18:41 AM by Far Beyond Repair
Quote from: bluaki on October 23, 2013, 01:26:48 AM
Before, in Sinnoh, PokéRadar sometimes revealed rare Pokémon that otherwise can't be found at all in the Sinnoh region.

Although I never looked into it before, it also had a side effect related to finding shinies. Now, that shiny effect is the only effect it has.

When you find the same species repeatedly in a chain, the chance of finding a shiny increases slightly each time, with it maxing at a shiny chance of like 1/200 after a chain of 40 Pokémon.

I don't know, I might consider trying this for just one shiny. These chances are still too low for me to really see it as worthwhile.
found a shiny machop in diamond using that. It did take a little doing but it was infinitely easier than just trying to find one in the wild.   and I think there was a trick to it to make sure you always encountered the same type of pokemon, like choosing the grass that was farthest away from you, or something like that.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 23, 2013, 12:06:33 AM

AAAAAAAAAAA
i don't even have this game and i'm so crazy jealous
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 23, 2013, 02:11:44 AM
yeah, although if i recall, that chain eventually breaks no matter what anyway so while your chance does cap at 1/200 at one point, it might break before it ever gets to that point

:(

anyway, i did some breeding tonight with eevees. all timid natures. i just wanted a female one to make into a timid female jolteon. female eevees are fairly uncommon, so yeah. but the point is, i have some timid male eeevees sitting around now. i doubt i need all of them. i may just offer them to anyone who wants one, though timid nature is pretty much only for jolteon anyway so if you dont want to train a jolteon than you probably dont care lol
try wonder trading
I love [you]

bluaki

I just noticed I'm at 420 pokemon owned in the national dex

so of course this picture was necessary:
[spoiler=420 blaze it][/spoiler]

A lot of my Pokémon are from friend safari. In Kalos alone, I only have 386; I've hardly started the Mountain Dex and I've done none of the happiness evolutions and nearly none of the stone evolutions.

Collecting enough evolutionary stones from Super Secret Training to complete even just the Kalos Dex will probably be frustrating myface;
then I'll have to collect more to complete the National Dex after PokéTransfer releases myface;

for the happiness evolutions, I'm waiting for some happiness-boosting berries to grow

PLEASEHELP1991

pokemon-amie does nothing to boost happiness?
oh i see it raises a different attribute, affection
I love [you]

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Snowy on October 22, 2013, 08:41:15 PM
Pat, I got that pokemon you wanted. What's your FC? :3

sorry i definitely was in bed by then, when you said "tonight" i didn't know how late you meant

my FC is in the FC thread though on the latest page i dont feel like finding it idk
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up