September 29, 2024, 02:40:13 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

bluaki i'm also trying to complete the national dex as much as possible except i feel like i'm doing an awful job l o l

i'm at 111 in the central dex though so i'll get there
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Snowy

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 23, 2013, 12:11:02 PM
sorry i definitely was in bed by then, when you said "tonight" i didn't know how late you meant

my FC is in the FC thread though on the latest page i dont feel like finding it idk
I'll add you when I get home. My fc is 2277-6630-0762

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 22, 2013, 09:52:45 PM
If anyone can find a larvesta I will have your babies

i have them

YPrrrr

Patrick Stickles

right now i'm looking for an abra or a plusle cause i'm fucking sick of route 5 so uh if got one of them that'd be cool, or whatever you got idk

bluaki

Use a Pokémon knowing Sweet Scent, like Combee, to instantly encounter a horde.

depending on your version either Plusle or Minun can only appear in a horde battle

Samus Aran

i didn't even know they were on route 5, i'll have to go back and get one

Samus Aran

i love the stupid text while super training lmao

THIS IS IT! THE MUSCLES THAT WILL MAKE THE FUTURE BRIGHT!

DON'T STOP NOW! DON'T STOP UNTIL YOUR MUSCLES SCREAM FOR YOU TO STOP!

SPEED CREATES SPEED!

ATTACKING IS THE BEST DEFENSE!

Patrick Stickles

i got a IS THAT THE BEST YOU GOT? when i used a reset bag

Samus Aran

both times i've used a reset bag it said

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA TREAD ON THORNS BEFORE COMING UP ROSES

n_u

i have three reset bags. they'll come in really handy later. i've only used them thus far to find out how far along i actually am on evs, since it tells you how many you lost after using a reset bag. i just save before doing it and then restart.

Samus Aran

super training seems to be only slightly slower than simply fighting pokes over and over for evs, and it's nice that the core training can run on its own while you do something else

and of course, simply tapping with one hand for core training while you do something else is pretty nice too

so it's a nice way to ev train that's not too slow that enables you to do something else at the same time. of course, using vitamins for the first 100 is still honestly the way to go lol

i just finished all of jolteon's speed ev points

Patrick Stickles

yeah i did it for a chespin (dumbly, not even like normal dumb because it's a chespin, but i gave it 252 speed EV's and 0 defense, like wtf i was exhausted) and it only took like a half hour or so because after a while the +12s only take like 30 seconds a piece

Samus Aran

the regimens (mini-games) also go by faster and faster as you pump evs into your poke because they seem to affect how powerful the shots are

so it's a process that thankfully speeds up as it goes

overall though the main reason i think super training is useful right now is because we don't yet really have ev training lists of best areas to grind certain pokes. so far i've yet to come across an area that i felt was particularly perfect for one stat or another.

bluaki

Samus Aran

oh yeah, i didn't think of that

sweet scent is therefore now essential for speedy ev training via battling i guess

Go Up