September 29, 2024, 12:19:17 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 22, 2013, 01:15:48 PM
Though of course, while technically possible, good luck actually making a full IV max-out occur lol
People are already breeding tons of pokemon with full IV max-outs in X/Y

When you have something like Friend Safari with pokemon which are guaranteed to have max IVs in some stats, they can be inherited by breeding. I think the rules are something like: every child inherits 3 random IVs from parents, EV-training items force one of the inherited IVs to be that stat and from that parent, and Destiny Knot guarantees 5 stats (of 6) are inherited

For people who actually have the patience to follow the steps needed, I think the process of getting perfect IVs depends very little on luck. I might consider doing this for a couple stats at most.

of course, with pokegen, perfect IVs are effortless and even expected of everything anybody uses except when aiming for a particular Hidden Power

Quote from: NotFelt on October 22, 2013, 01:00:07 PM
i thought only one IV could be maxed out
Are you thinking of EVs?
For IVs, every stat can be any value between 0-31, with the sum of these values being mostly random, making certain pokemon be inherently better than others
For EVs, there's a total of 510 points which must be distributed between the 6 stats. With each stat maxing out at 252, you can only max out two stats in EVs.

Samus Aran

it's actually 255 EV points possible in two stats but that's useless because you're wasting 4 possible EV points so pretty much everyone does 252/252/4 lol

and oh yeah i completely forgot about the destiny knot, i was only thinking about being able to force inherit one IV lol

so destiny knot effectively makes it effortless because you can simply have one parent use an EV item to force one IV from that parent, and have the other hold the destiny knot for the other five, right?

well, effortless once you've got two parents with the IVs you want, which still takes multiple breeding lines, but still, it's not about luck anymore

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on October 22, 2013, 01:50:16 PM
Although before doing this I had enough style to enter the clothing store, the person selling Blastoiseite and Venusaurite was charging 100k each rather than the minimum 10k for max style and you can't get the Hatching O-Power without maxing style.

so you have to max your style to get those mega stones down in price?

YPrrrr

Quote from: The Last MIB on October 22, 2013, 02:03:45 PM
HOLY SHIT

SEREBII WHAT IS THIS???  They deleted these pages and some people screened them:

http://i.imgur.com/VbAPnim.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/apqQmt2.png

ALSO, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion- you can put a pokemon in trade for them even if they're not released...or can you do that for anything you type in for "What Pokemon?"
Always wanted a fire/water :O
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 22, 2013, 02:32:17 PM
so you have to max your style to get those mega stones down in price?
yes

Mando Pandango

FIRE/WATER WHAT THE FUCK
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

ME##

Samus Aran

speaking of fire/water, now that we have a dual-type move in Flying Press, they honestly should have gone back and made Scald a fire/water dual-type move

i wish i could see those images while at work though lol, i guess i'll have to wait til i get home

Samus Aran

while we're at it, let's make Tri Attack a triple-type move n_u

Samus Aran

umm so i went in some office building on north blvd in lumiose city and went to the second floor and some ghost lady or something came in behind me and said "no you're not the one" and then slowly crept away

?????????????????

YPrrrr

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 22, 2013, 03:33:05 PM
umm so i went in some office building on north blvd in lumiose city and went to the second floor and some ghost lady or something came in behind me and said "no you're not the one" and then slowly crept away

?????????????????
yeah that creeped me the fuck out. The way the music cuts out and she moves... weird.

She's also in the hotel

Samus Aran

i honestly thought my game was glitching at first :(

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 22, 2013, 03:33:05 PM

?????????????????
2spoopy
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

6M69I69B9

how do you get 31 with your iv's?

how do you determine them? 

there's an npc right?
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: The Last MIB on October 22, 2013, 02:01:36 PM
I'M SO FUCKING JEALOUS

WHY

idk man imposter ditto sounds lame to me but they're all the rage these days so whatever lol
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up