June 30, 2024, 11:50:52 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyward Sword

Started by Hiro, October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

So like
I did the 4th dungeon
it was awesome
now I'm at the
[spoiler]sand sea[/spoiler]
[spoiler]the 2nd stealth challenge or whatever freaked me out because i was just being chased the whole time because those lantern guys are everywhere but I just ran away from them and they couldn't catch up even when I wasn't sprinting so I guess it's not all that hard and I am now okay with these "trials" thumbup;[/spoiler]

also HOLY GOD I LOVE FUN FUN ISLAND
I won the heart piece and 500 rupees  bassir;
[spoiler]but my wallet would only hold 200 more goowan[/spoiler]
[spoiler]and then I got a 500 rupee expansion about 10 minutes later akudood;[/spoiler]

ARGH I WANT ALL THE CHESTS AND ALL THE GRABITUDE CRYSTALS AND I GOT ALL THE INVENTORY SLOTS MY SETUP IS WONDERFUL AUGHAGUAGHGGUGHUHG

I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH

Today's playtime: roughly 8 hours
Total playtime: 29-ish

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on November 29, 2011, 11:31:28 PM
lol wow

you didn't think to z-target one and then talk to fi?

oh also, fi is retarded and redundant and pointless and more annoying than navi 5thgrade;
uh fi is far less annoying but even if you disagree with that she is definitely not pointless; she's actually a part of the story and in addition to her navi-like functions she gives you silly advice on survival tips and such, plus she tells you your playtime.  hocuspocus;

But yeah how is it that I knew out how to kill beamos the INSTANT I first saw one

Hiro

but uh yeah basically my days now consist of:
going to school
going to the bathroom
playing skyward sword

notice I didn't include internet, homework, eating, or sleeping goowan
[spoiler] or showering smithicide; [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on November 29, 2011, 11:31:28 PM
oh also, fi is retarded and redundant and pointless and more annoying than navi 5thgrade;

i do dislike how she'll always try to tell you the status of your shield or that you're running low on hearts rather than anything useful sometimes...but other than that, it's hard to be more pointless than navi, considering fi is actually part of the story and navi was just...there.

there was literally no reason for navi to be with link, story-wise. the deku tree just told her to hang out with some hylian kid. hylians aren't even supposed to have fairies.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on November 28, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
did someone ask for small dungeons ifeelbetter;

...no?

i don't get what you're trying to say

Mando Pandango

He's saying all of the game's dungeons are small, which I would agree with.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Placebo Headwound

I finally got the Hylian Shield. hocuspocus;

Endgame spoiler:
[spoiler]I just got the Triforce and Zelda was kidnapped by Giraheim. How much of the game is left?[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on November 30, 2011, 01:49:05 AM
He's saying all of the game's dungeons are small, which I would agree with.

Oh. That's fine I guess, if they take me a while to get through at least. It would be nice if they were bigger, though.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on November 30, 2011, 01:53:15 AM
I finally got the Hylian Shield. hocuspocus;
[spoiler]I did the thunder dragon second and got it immediately after. Still working on the sky dungeon.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

November 30, 2011, 09:21:21 AM #309 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:26:28 AM by Nyerp
here's a list of zelda partners who were even more integral to the story than fi is and still managed to maybe be interesting characters and also not tell you that you're fucking low on hearts all the time or that THE BOSS DOOR IS OVER THERE YOU KNOW THAT PLACE YOU WALKED BY A DOZEN TIMES LINK YOU DUMB CUNT:

-tatl
-ezlo
-zelda (spirit tracks)
-midna
-the king of red lions

Patrick Stickles

i don't like midna because twilight princess might as well have just been called "midna rides a wolf and makes him do shit but he doesn't have any character and midna does so even though you play as link the game is really about midna only"
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Commander Fuckass

Fuck you guys I like Fi
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

I like Fi. She's like a Japanese Platos.  giggle;

bluaki

It's not really an issue with Fi alone, but the low health warnings in this game are a little ridiculous. The last time I've seen it trigger, I still had four hearts left of the 11 or 12 I had at the time. I imagine it's probably based on how many hearts you have and reaches even worse levels when you have max life capacity.

and on that note, does this game still have 20 as the maximum number of hearts? Of those 20, are some of them only temporary containers for when you have the medals in your inventory?

Most Wii games are annoying about low battery warnings as well, especially considering that for rechargeable batteries the Wii's detected level drops to 1 bar when the batteries are still over 90% charged. I think I've only had to swap batteries once or twice while playing SS yet nearly all of my play time has been with the low battery indicator in the corner. At least Fi only complains to you about it once per play session and there's no indicator noise like in SMG.

Daddy

I am almost done I think.

[spoiler=Current situation]I've completed the fourth trial and am now trying to re-arrange the rooms so I can get the triforce pieces.  I didn't feel like doing that last night and am still there.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trials. Part of it felt annoying but it was always awesome when I had 2 teardrops left on opposite sides of the map, the guardians wake me up and I have to fucking run across the map while dodging the 8 guardians chasing me. 

It is fun trying to do that. [/spoiler]

Go Up