July 02, 2024, 08:21:45 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyward Sword

Started by Hiro, October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Kefka on November 24, 2011, 06:40:00 PM
>rushing through a zelda game

ishygddt
i didn't rush through, 35 hours isn't that short.

I dunno, when you know you're about to fight the final boss I find it difficult to be like "well wait there's some heart pieces I missed". I completed the story but I didn't finish the game exactly. I'm going to complete that file.
What the fuck was it for anyway?

bluaki

I'm at the beginning of the fourth temple now. I'd also say the game so far seems about on par with Wind Waker.

My one main annoyance with the game's controls is the cursor centering seems odd at times, especially with the item pocket menu, where it can't even be recentered.

Before playing this game, I didn't know anything about it besides what was at like E3. Not spoiled at all giggle;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2011, 10:37:17 PM
My one main annoyance with the game's controls is the cursor centering seems odd at times, especially with the item pocket menu, where it can't even be recentered.
It took me a while to figure out that the centering isn't set in stone. The center is wherever your remote is pointing when you open the menu.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

bluaki

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on November 24, 2011, 10:45:18 PM
It took me a while to figure out that the centering isn't set in stone. The center is wherever your remote is pointing when you open the menu.
It's that way for most menus, but the item pocket is like the only exception in the game to that. The center setting for it persists even when the menu is closed/reopened and I think the only way to reset that center is with a complete MotionPlus recalibration.

and from time to time centering at the current controller position can be a little annoying, like flying a beetle upwards, crashing into something, then wanting to relaunch it upwards requires remembering to lower the controller in between

Nyerp

okay fuck the pumpkin-carrying minigame akudood;

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on November 24, 2011, 11:32:55 PM
I succeeded on my second try confuseddood;

Nyerp

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Nyerp on November 24, 2011, 11:32:55 PM
it's really easy once you figure it out

[spoiler=win every time and get free money every time]if you flick the control stick right for a second they pumpkins will start moving left. wait until the top one is pretty far left before moving to your left. then flick the control stick right just a second and the same thing will happen. repeat for about 10 seconds.[/spoiler]

Placebo Headwound

Is there a specific thing I'm supposed to draw on the glowing marks in dungeons where the butterflies are? I usually just randomly scribble. akudood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2011, 11:59:30 PM
I succeeded on my second try confuseddood;
i succeeded on my first bassir;

I actually thought it was really easy.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on November 25, 2011, 03:32:28 PM
Is there a specific thing I'm supposed to draw on the glowing marks in dungeons where the butterflies are? I usually just randomly scribble. akudood;
draw hearts, get hearts
draw rupees, get rupees

other items probably work too

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on November 25, 2011, 03:32:28 PM

arrow for arrows
circle for bombs
i draw a triangle for rupees but i think thats wrong
anything else for hearts

Mando Pandango

i draw a hexagon for rupees

if you draw a heart you get way more hearts than if you draw anything else

Nyerp

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on November 25, 2011, 09:43:15 PM
i succeeded on my first bassir;

I actually thought it was really easy.

YEAH WELL YOU'RE A SON OF A CUNT

fuck i love this game RUB IT

Mando Pandango

Just walked a whole tightrope without starting to lose my balance.

spam;

Go Up