September 26, 2024, 03:44:48 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 14, 2008, 01:53:43 PM
2+2 doesn't equal 4. I don't know what it equals, but definitely not 4.
That's an incredibly stupid analogy. The creation of the universe is extremely ambiguous, whereas arithmetic is among the most absolute things we know. I'd love to see you try to explain why God is the definite answer.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on September 14, 2008, 03:14:46 PM
That's an incredibly stupid analogy. The creation of the universe is extremely ambiguous, whereas arithmetic is among the most absolute things we know. I'd love to see you try to explain why God is the definite answer.

What is the definite answer then? ;)
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Nyerp

Skylark

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 14, 2008, 04:28:39 PM

right now, where you are is it possible to know?
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 14, 2008, 04:28:39 PM
Are you retarded? I already said I don't know. Newsflash: Humanity does not currently have the answer to every question in the universe. In fact we know very little. At least I don't pretend to have the answers. You still haven't backed up your view.

Gin

No, I don't completely rule out the possibility of a "godlike"  being, I highly doubt that one exists, and if  one does exist, I doubt it would waste it's time with creating universes and people. I guess could could say that my views on religion are very loose agnosticism.

Knig

God doesn't have time, for that would mean God is a finite being, limited by its laws. If God is in time than that would mean God really isn't God as it could not account for time's existence when it is traditionally defined as the source and therefore creator of everything.

Any particular reason for doubting the existence of such a source when there exists the fact that everything we have observed thus far in this universe cannot account for its own existence and thus comes from something else?

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on September 14, 2008, 07:28:35 PM
Are you retarded? I already said I don't know. Newsflash: Humanity does not currently have the answer to every question in the universe. In fact we know very little. At least I don't pretend to have the answers. You still haven't backed up your view.

How can you say God didn't create the universe then, if you don't know?  doodthing;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

YPrrrr

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 16, 2008, 04:28:47 PM
How can you say God didn't create the universe then, if you don't know?  doodthing;
Because he doesn't know. If you don't know the answer to something, you don't necessarily take the first answer you're given.

Daddy

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 16, 2008, 05:04:24 PM
Because he doesn't know. If you don't know the answer to something, you don't necessarily take the first answer you're given.
Yeah, the answer is usually C.

Ezloﺕ

What he means is that although he doesn't know how exactly the universe was created, there are other theories on how the universe was created. He just simply doesn't believe in the God one.

Quote from: Khadafi on September 16, 2008, 05:32:09 PM
Yeah, the answer is usually C.
wrong bored :/
:)

YPrrrr

Houdini

Because it's not a plausible theory. How do you know do you know that any of the other creation myths listed on this page here aren't true? I really wish you would tell me why you think it's plausible that God created the universe.

Sam

My mom's really starting to piss me off about this. My family is like.. not highly christian at all. My parents are horirble christians, yet we all still have to go to church every week.

I've been claiming to not want to be a Christian (roman catholic, to be precise) since 5th grade. At the time I said I was going to beocme Buddhist or something, but yeah, now I realize I'm not really all for Buddhism either.

Anyway, the reason it pisses me off; I don't enjoy waking up at 7:30 on every Sunday morning to go to church. So yes, I complain. And every time I complain, my mom tells me I'm just doing it because I'm trying to be different. And as much as I hate bashing people for their religion, I come really fuckingclose to punching my mom in the face and telling her how stupid christianity is everytime she says something along those lines.

Anyway, I guess I could entertain the thought of there being a god, but I'm not going to waste my time on it. We simply don't know. I'm kinda under the impression that we just kinda go to rot in the ground when we die and our minds kinda turn to.. nothing, but hey- if there's a heaven then cool.

I'm not going to devote any of my life trying to get there though. I can be a moral person without doing it with the intention of going to heaven. And I feel I can also be a bad person without worry of going to hell.

I'm simply not moronic enough to devote my life to blind-faith.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

guff

so what do you just find worship to be inconvenient  doodthing;

Go Up