June 06, 2024, 07:43:33 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: :atomsk: on December 09, 2008, 08:52:35 AM
I don't believe in God but I AM pro-religion. It helps grow good morals, not that you can't achieve them without it. It clouds too many peoles minds, makes some people crazy, but makes most happy. Do what makes you happy, but please give others thteir privacy.

...Did someone delete my reply to this or did it just never go through or something?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Daddy

Quote from: Sam on December 09, 2008, 01:33:22 PM
...Did someone delete my reply to this or did it just never go through or something?
Didn't go through.

Sam

Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on December 09, 2008, 01:34:55 PM
Didn't go through.

God dammit. I don't even remember what I wrote.

Well, I'll try.

Sam

Quote from: :atomsk: on December 09, 2008, 08:52:35 AM
I don't believe in God but I AM pro-religion. It helps grow good morals, not that you can't achieve them without it. It clouds too many peoles minds, makes some people crazy, but makes most happy. Do what makes you happy, but please give others thteir privacy.

Alright, now, as I was saying- I mostly agree with you. I do think having any form of faith is healthy and can be healing. Just having something to believe in is important. Thing is, if you can't bring yourself to believe, pretending to believe simply isn't going to help at all.

I can say I love God and pray everyday, but it's not going to do shit unless I actually believe. And at this point, I've thought way too hard about the subject to throw my life into blind faith now.

But I do agree with you in that I would never bash someone elses religion. People deserve to believe what they want to believe, and who am I to stop them? I won't even share my religious beliefs unless someone insists it.

Sam

i just want to add that my teacher called me weird today for not having seen god in my life.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on December 17, 2008, 08:23:36 PM
i just want to add that my teacher called me weird today for not having seen god in my life.
it's nice of him to put his job on the line like that

Sam

Quote from: YPR on December 17, 2008, 08:28:05 PM
it's nice of him to put his job on the line like that

her, she's my choir director. she's really religious and since half of the music we do is old roman catholic stuff and gospel music (most of which I don't even like the sound of), the subject comes up a lot. She tries to put us in a certain frame of mind so we sing better and we understand what the piece is about. Today she was talking about "The Color Purble" and her specific wording was "...everyone sees God at some point in their lives, if you haven't then you're just.. weird."

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on December 17, 2008, 08:30:42 PM
her, she's my choir director. she's really religious and since half of the music we do is old roman catholic stuff and gospel music (most of which I don't even like the sound of), the subject comes up a lot. She tries to put us in a certain frame of mind so we sing better and we understand what the piece is about. Today she was talking about "The Color Purble" and her specific wording was "...everyone sees God at some point in their lives, if you haven't then you're just.. weird."
or perhaps nonreligious or part of a religion that isn't Abrahamic

guff

well, i'm not religious but i still attend church regularly and i see god there every week

he sits in the center pews and wears sunglasses and hawaiian shirts baddood;

Daddy

I saw God, he was played by Morgan Freeman.  giggle;

Lrh

Not really. No. Church kinda ruined it for me, ironically.
Lrh

Sam

Quote from: Lrh on December 18, 2008, 06:40:33 AM

For me it was church and CCD twice a week for 15 years

Wrench

Quote from: Lrh on December 18, 2008, 06:40:33 AM

Same. I went to church for 13 years and went to a private school until high school.

YPrrrr

I think it also depends on the church you go to... Priests preach differently in different places, so the lectures can be more fire and brimstone or more peaceful depending on which the priest feels will get his congregation motivated.

Classic

Aubrey, I just need to know HOW you could believe it. Doesn't it sound like rubbish to you?

Go Up