June 25, 2024, 05:43:03 PM

1,531,273 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 30, 2007, 11:36:11 PM
Although Santa Claus was based off of St. Nicholas who was a Christian.
Yes, but nowadays ol' Santa has little to do with St. Nicholas.

Necro

Well, my figuring is basic. I think people who say, "There's no such thing as god", are a bit foolish. Why? Simply because you have no proof. However annoying to me these people may be, I find it even more ridiculous to say that there is some man who created everything and is the master of whatever, when you have no proof. I think both claims are ignorant claims to make, however, the latter of them being of greater magnitude. Neither ideas have any proof, so it's impossibly hard to say what.

To be hypocritical, I think I can still say there's no god. While there's no way of proving there's no god, it's stupid to say that God could possibly be real. The answer to that is simple; because it goes into many many specifics without any proof. I don't think saying that there's some force or more powerful being out there is ridiculous, but when you make a big fuss over it, give the power a name, and start talking about what it started with and thereafter, it's worth no more to me than a fairy tale. It really doesn't add up. But whatever, nobody cares about my two cents anyway.

Also, what's up with Christians and their extreme dislike towards Evolution? I'm reluctant to call it a theory, because there's more than enough proof right under our noses. Is it just the fear of thinking we evolved from apes? Who's to say "God" didn't think of evolution when he created the world? Where in he bible does it ever state that? I mean, some of them act as though evolution is heinous, because they believe apes to be so primitive. I think we should be proud that something like this, with so much against it, the odds in anything elses favor, that we were not only more developed than any other organism, but that we accomplished the amazing feat of creating civilization, and technology. I think we should be proud of our ability to come this far. But whatever.... Again, who cares, right?
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

YPrrrr

Quote from: Avtomat Kalashnikova on December 31, 2007, 12:56:34 PM
Well, my figuring is basic. I think people who say, "There's no such thing as god", are a bit foolish. Why? Simply because you have no proof. However annoying to me these people may be, I find it even more ridiculous to say that there is some man who created everything and is the master of whatever, when you have no proof. I think both claims are ignorant claims to make, however, the latter of them being of greater magnitude. Neither ideas have any proof, so it's impossibly hard to say what.

To be hypocritical, I think I can still say there's no god. While there's no way of proving there's no god, it's stupid to say that God could possibly be real. The answer to that is simple; because it goes into many many specifics without any proof. I don't think saying that there's some force or more powerful being out there is ridiculous, but when you make a big fuss over it, give the power a name, and start talking about what it started with and thereafter, it's worth no more to me than a fairy tale. It really doesn't add up. But whatever, nobody cares about my two cents anyway.

Also, what's up with Christians and their extreme dislike towards Evolution? I'm reluctant to call it a theory, because there's more than enough proof right under our noses. Is it just the fear of thinking we evolved from apes? Who's to say "God" didn't think of evolution when he created the world? Where in he bible does it ever state that? I mean, some of them act as though evolution is heinous, because they believe apes to be so primitive. I think we should be proud that something like this, with so much against it, the ods in anything elses favor, that we were not only more developed than any other organism, but that we accomplished the amazing feat of creating civilization, and technology. I think we should be proud of our ability to come this far. But whatever.... Again, who cares, right?

So... you're saying God could exist, but it would be idiotic to believe he could?

Also, I'm a Christian and I believe evolution may have been God's intent. So yeah, some of us already think that way.

Necro

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 31, 2007, 01:00:47 PM
So... you're saying God could exist, but it would be idiotic to believe he could?

Also, I'm a Christian and I believe evolution may have been God's intent. So yeah, some of us already think that way.
Sorry, I was going to put "some", then didn't, and was too lazy for an edit.

No, I think that something beyond our understanding could be occurring somewhere else in the universe, and that it's not possible to say that there isn't something out there greater than us, that could have possibly had a lot to do with us being here. I'm not saying that I believe that. I'm saying that it's impossible to say that that isn't one possibilty. Possible.

So to answer your question, I think it's remarkably superfluous to start naming this... whatever it is, thinking we know all about that force.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

guido123

for the people that dont believe in god then how are we alive
wow

Nyerp

Quote from: guido123 on June 02, 2008, 05:46:02 PM

when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much

Geno

We really don't have an answer to that. That's mainly what Religion is, giving people ideas about how we were created and how we should live.
Honestly, there is no proof that God exists besides the Bible, which any fool could of written. I don't think god exists mainly because science is stacked up against it. We all know science exists, and it disproves alot of things about God's existance.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Daddy

I think I posted it somewhere in this thread, I'm too lazy to look. You can.

Lozal

During my time away from Boyah, I became an atheist.

Science makes more sense, and disproves God, so yeah, I don't believe in him anymore.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Thunderhero4

Quote from: Geñø on June 02, 2008, 05:49:45 PM
We really don't have an answer to that. That's mainly what Religion is, giving people ideas about how we were created and how we should live.
Honestly, there is no proof that God exists besides the Bible, which any fool could of written. I don't think god exists mainly because science is stacked up against it. We all know science exists, and it disproves alot of things about God's existance.
Thats EXACTLY what i was goin to say. Every religion is the exact same, our god made everything, yours did not.

Skylark

No, I'm not so sure if I do. I don't thinK I do. I believe in myself. But sometimes when I walk around at night I think there is somethign really scary and really big out there.
the book of right on

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lozal on June 02, 2008, 07:33:07 PM
During my time away from Boyah, I became an atheist.

Science makes more sense, and disproves God, so yeah, I don't believe in him anymore.
I must have missed this discovery meaty cocks

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 02, 2008, 09:30:18 PM
No, I'm not so sure if I do. I don't thinK I do. I believe in myself. But sometimes when I walk around at night I think there is somethign really scary and really big out there.
There is, in a sense. Space is really big and really scary. Basically, humanity in general fears nothingness.

Sam

nossir.

Being raised Roman Catholic for my entire life somehow turned me against any notion that religion helps.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Socks

Go Up