May 23, 2024, 07:31:32 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Tomboh

Quote from: Sam. on June 05, 2008, 02:50:05 PM
But aside from that. the majority of mathmeticians/scientists are athiest.
Where did you get this from? befuddlement

CutLess

I vary between agnosticism and deism.  To be specific with the deism, I only believe that someone out of our universe(s) created the universe; I don't, however, believe he interferes with this universe.  Likewise, I don't believe in heaven, and I am appalled that people could even think of something like hell.

Specifically with agnosticism...I just don't know.  Sure, science points to the idea that our universe(s) might have also oscillated and technically existed.  For me, that somewhat shows there is no creator.  However, I have obviously wondered what started this infinite sequence.  As a result, I'm stuck between the two ideas and am an agnostic.

Lozal

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on June 03, 2008, 07:11:24 AM
I must have missed this discovery meaty cocks
fuck

I didn't mean it like that. I just worded it wrong. But to me, science makes more sense.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Ezloļŗ•

yes i do

but im not really religious anyway
:)

Garahe

Chances are there is a higher being. We shouldn't be the only ones in this universe.
HOLY COW I'M TOTALLY GOING SO FAST-AW FUCK

wolflink64

No, I'm not all that religious. If I had a religion, it would be Buddhism, which I'm not even sure has a god.

Full Metal Ryder

I don't know anymore, I said I was atheist a while ago but there's still a shred of faith in me.

guff

Quote from: Idiot on June 05, 2008, 09:17:25 PM
Where did you get this from? befuddlement
uh it's something that gets repeated a lot but anyways uh this claims that 38% of natural scientists don't believe in god (social sciences don't count  baddood;) and this says around 72% don't believe so uh okay

Meta Ridley

I am a christain. I don't see how people can believe we were made through the big bang theory and all that nonsense. Not believing in god(aka accepting him) is your very sad problem, but denying he exists...your just unbelievably dumb. I was raised from day 1 till now to be christain. There have been times when my faith has swayed...life is full of nasty suprises....but hey, everything happens for a reason.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Meta Ridley on July 18, 2008, 11:40:59 AM
I am a christain. I don't see how people can believe we were made through the big bang theory and all that nonsense. Not believing in god(aka accepting him) is your very sad problem, but denying he exists...your just unbelievably dumb. I was raised from day 1 till now to be christain. There have been times when my faith has swayed...life is full of nasty suprises....but hey, everything happens for a reason.
And the floodgates are open...

Samus Aran

I don't follow any religion or belief regarding God, so I'm not exactly atheist, but let me say something anyway.

How is God any more believable than the Big Bang Theory? Neither of which can be ultimately proven. But at least the aforementioned theory has evidence in the fact that the universe is indeed expanding and has been since it was created.

The belief in God is a blind faith. Get over your high horse and accept, for once in your life, that not everyone is willing to throw away logic as quickly as you are. Not everyone can just believe in something they can't see just because their parents, community, or a book tell them to.

You can't prove anything any more than an atheist can.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Meta Ridley on July 18, 2008, 11:40:59 AMyour just unbelievably dumb.
That's all that needs to be said for this post.

I don't outright consider the existence of any sort of deity impossible, but I highly doubt such exists. Being 100% certain of either possibility although neither can be proven is just being arrogant and stupid.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Do you really expect to be taken seriously when you can't even spell "Christian"?

I'll keep my incredibly dumb and continue to believe something that can actually be supported with facts rather than 100% faith.

Daddy

Quote from: Nyerp on July 18, 2008, 09:15:11 PM
ypr was right
I wasn't going to say anything since there is nothing spectacular about his post, but the consistent misspelling of "Christian" and failure to properly implement contractions prompted me to reply.

Geno

You do know that religion is nothing more than blind faith. There is absolutely no proof that God exists. Any person with a tiny bit of imagination could of written the bible. The reason that most of us here choose not to believe is because alot of us use logic and don't waste our lives away worshipping something that may or may not exist.
So I guess I'm dumb from using logic.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up