September 28, 2024, 10:18:44 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

Started by JGE, August 18, 2007, 04:08:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tomboh

Samus Aran

August 18, 2007, 06:17:16 PM #31 Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:20:53 PM by Kaz
Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:12:52 PM
If I was a huge graphic nazi, I wouldn't be supporting Nintendo. But I really don't enjoy playing a game that looks like pure shit. And how exactly is the gameplay watered-down?

Also, refer to my edit.

The Sega Genesis is 19 years old.

Though there are plenty of good exceptions, the general rule of thumb is that as realism goes up, gameplay value goes down. It's not my rule, that's just the way it works. I get more enjoyment out of playing Duck Hunt for the umpteenth time than playing some realistic war shooter shit.

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:15:02 PM
I'm the retard? lmao

Gaming aside, yes. You act like a retard too often on Boyah.

Tomboh. :|

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on August 18, 2007, 06:14:56 PM
Funny because all my Sega systems work, every one of my NES systems work but take at least 20 trys so I just bought a rip off NES that works better then the real thing, and my PS2 and PS1 broke. I had to buy a 2nd PS2.
Um, were you in support of me or not? I really can't tell.
Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:12:52 PM
If I was a huge graphic nazi, I wouldn't be supporting Nintendo. But I really don't enjoy playing a game that looks like pure shit. And how exactly is the gameplay watered-down?

Also, refer to my edit.
If you can even say you enjoyed the PS1 in the least bit, then I'll have many hearty lol's. PS1 games look worse than anything on even the Atari 2600.

Look, a beautiful 10+ year old game. AND NO SWEAT PORES OR REALISTIC HAIR TEXTURES, EITHER.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:17:16 PM
The Sega Genesis is 19 years old.
Which would fall into the category of 15+ years old.

QuoteThough there are plenty of good exceptions
Exactly. I'll just get the games that don't suck in the gameplay category. I don't need to get every damn game the system offers.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 06:18:41 PM
Um, were you in support of me or not? I really can't tell.

I'm always in support of you silly

Those are my only consoles that have broke (PS1, PS2, and every NES I've owned.)

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 06:18:41 PM
If you can even say you enjoyed the PS1 in the least bit, then I'll have many hearty lol's. PS1 games look worse than anything on even the Atari 2600.
I really didn't. My aunt had both the PS1 and N64, but we usually played the N64. I also dislike the PS1 controller. The PS2 controller isn't much of an improvement, but it's a litte better with the duel-analog.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:20:41 PM
Which would fall into the category of 15+ years old.
Exactly. I'll just get the games that don't suck in the gameplay category. I don't need to get every damn game the system offers.

That's cool, but you pretty much ignored my point: graphics a good game does not make.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:25:39 PM
That's cool, but you pretty much ignored my point: graphics a good game does not make.
Actually, wrong.

Most good games are 2D. OBVIOUSLY, THERE IS A LINK.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

QuoteGaming aside, yes. You act like a retard too often on Boyah.

I really can't think of anyone that doesn't act like a retard one time or another on Boyah. Nearly everyone spams, and nearly everyone makes spam threads. Why am I to be an exception?

The was I see it, Boyah is the place to spam and act like a retard due to light moderation and real retards posting (xxthehaunted, Title, etc.). Outsider is the place to act serious and ACTUALLY hold up a serious discussion up about non-serious topics. And of course, Nsider is the place to troll and make fun of people.

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:25:39 PM
Honestly, to me a game needs to have up-to-date graphics and good gameplay to be considered a good game.

Every console from two generations fail in the first category, so I really don't go back to play them anymore. Dreamcast's graphics are still good to me now, but there were only a few games that interested me in terms of gameplay. Most of these being fighter games like Soulcailber.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:29:11 PM
I really can't think of anyone that doesn't act like a retard one time or another on Boyah. Nearly everyone spams, and nearly everyone makes spam threads. Why am I to be an exception?

The was I see it, Boyah is the place to spam and act like a retard due to light moderation and real retards posting (xxthehaunted, Title, etc.). Outsider is the place to act serious and ACTUALLY hold up a serious discussion up about non-serious topics. And of course, Nsider is the place to troll and make fun of people.

That doesn't mean you have to try to fuck up the nomination process of the awards.

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 06:28:22 PM
Actually, wrong.

Most good games are 2D. OBVIOUSLY, THERE IS A LINK.

Uh...that would make me right, seeing as how I was talking about realism, and I just said that (realistic) graphics don't make a game good.

Sorry about the typo (leaving out "realistic.")

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:37:30 PM
Uh...that would make me right, seeing as how I was talking about realism, and I just said that (realistic) graphics don't make a game good.

Sorry about the typo (leaving out "realistic.")
Graphics isn't synonymous with realism. It's merely what you see.

What I was saying is 2D [glow=red,2,300]graphics[/glow] must equate to good gameplay. (see how the word "graphics" is there, but not realism?)

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:37:30 PM
That doesn't mean you have to try to fuck up the nomination process of the awards.
I apologize for completely ruining the nomination process. I'm sorry that it was such a hassel to delete those posts. I could see how that could hold up the process for days and cause moderators to slave over deleting my posts for minutes and minutes.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 06:39:23 PM
Graphics isn't synonymous with realism. It's merely what you see.

What I was saying is 2D [glow=red,2,300]graphics[/glow] must equate to good gameplay. (see how the word "graphics" is there, but not realism?)

Q(''Q)

I'm sick of this arguing, seriously. But yes, most of my favorite games are 2D. That doesn't mean that those graphics equate good gameplay. Metroid Prime kicks ass.

I'm going to go pack up some more of my stuff for college now.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:41:49 PM
Q(''Q)

I'm sick of this arguing, seriously. But yes, most of my favorite games are 2D. That doesn't mean that those graphics equate good gameplay. Metroid Prime kicks ass.
t("t)

cool

Now back to Xbawcks.

Go Up