September 28, 2024, 10:23:12 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

Started by JGE, August 18, 2007, 04:08:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

guff

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 04:28:58 PM
Consoles used to be so fucking durable.
hello i am nes
blow into my slot thoroughly, insert cartridge within two seconds, and pound upon my exterior or i may refuse to work

Also, consoles used to be less cutting-edge (hello i am nes i have a cheap processor that was the cheapest of its kind from way back 1975 man retro, versus: hello i am ps3 i have SEVEN PROCESSING CORES OF DEATH and XDR MEMORY laugh laugh laugh; hello i am xbox 360 im still kind of cool i gots three cores they're pretty cool).

Cutting-edge is code for likely to not work, but pretty cool if by some chance it does.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 18, 2007, 04:43:00 PM
hello i am nes
blow into my slot thoroughly, insert cartridge within two seconds, and pound upon my exterior or i may refuse to work

Also, consoles used to be less cutting-edge (hello i am nes i have a cheap processor that was the cheapest of its kind from way back 1975 man retro, versus: hello i am ps3 i have SEVEN PROCESSING CORES OF DEATH and XDR MEMORY laugh laugh laugh; hello i am xbox 360 im still kind of cool i gots three cores they're pretty cool).

Cutting-edge is code for likely to not work, but pretty cool if by some chance it does.

Cutting-edge =/= relevant

So just stop. As for the part of your post that actually had something to do with what I was talking about, I'm speaking more along the lines of system failure not due to the owner being a fucking dumbass and ruining the console on his own accord.

guff

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 04:51:22 PM
Cutting-edge =/= relevant

So just stop. As for the part of your post that actually had something to do with what I was talking about, I'm speaking more along the lines of system failure not due to the owner being a fucking dumbass and ruining the console on his own accord.
Are you saying that stable, proven technology has the same failure rate as the new stuff?

If it's on their own accord, why even bring up the fact that consoles used to be more durable?  Fucking dumbasses owned consoles then, too, yet I don't see that somehow making the consoles less durable.  psyduck;

why are you so hostile ;______;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 18, 2007, 04:56:41 PM
Are you saying that stable, proven technology has the same failure rate as the new stuff?

If it's on their own accord, why even bring up the fact that consoles used to be more durable?  Fucking dumbasses owned consoles then, too, yet I don't see that somehow making the consoles less durable.  psyduck;

why are you so hostile ;______;

"Durable" wasn't really the word I was looking for. I'm speaking purely on failure rates here, thus the reason for bringing it up in a 360 thread.

All I'm really trying to say is that I find it funny that older consoles had a better chance of actually lasting for a long time, so long as one wasn't stupid enough to break it themself.

guff

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 05:06:13 PM
"Durable" wasn't really the word I was looking for. I'm speaking purely on failure rates here, thus the reason for bringing it up in a 360 thread.

All I'm really trying to say is that I find it funny that older consoles had a better chance of actually lasting for a long time, so long as one wasn't stupid enough to break it themself.
Uh, it works fine for me.  I was pretty sure that you didn't mean that the 360's casing has a tendency to collapse or is less resistant to .38s than that of the SNES.  psyduck;

Okay.  And I attempted to explain why the newer consoles don't.

then you exploded and said mean things and mommy help ;___;

Samus Aran

guff

ncba93ivyase

August 18, 2007, 05:45:33 PM #22 Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:49:48 PM by Lawlz
Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 18, 2007, 04:43:00 PM
hello i am nes
My Sega Master System works flawlessly.

As does my Genesis.

As does my Saturn.

As does my Dreamcast.

As does my Game Gear.

Took Nintendo a generation to learn how to build quality products, took Sony two (and hell, it hasn't been long enough to say whether or not the PS3 is reliable), and Microsoft will probably never learn. Sega never really had any problems, aside from the Genesis controllers dying... but that could just be a result of me taking apart every piece of hardware I own.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 05:45:33 PM

As does my Genesis.

As does my Saturn.

As does my Dreamcast.

As does my Game Gear.
To bad those systems either suck, or are 10+ years old.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:06:10 PM
To bad those systems either suck, or are 10+ years old.

Since when was a console being 10+ years old a bad thing?

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:07:53 PM
Outdated graphics. jsr;

I actually should've put something like "15+". Because the only console he listed that didn't completely suck was the Genesis.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:08:45 PM
Outdated graphics. jsr;

Oh, so you're one of those graphics nazis. Okay. Have fun with watered-down gameplay.

Seriously, I don't understand why realism is such a big deal these days. The whole reason I enjoy video games is that they're not reality.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:07:53 PM
Tomboh's a retard.
Quote from: Ohbotm on August 18, 2007, 06:08:45 PM
Outdated graphics. jsr;

I actually should've put something like "15+". Because the only console he listed that didn't completely suck was the Genesis.
I think I prove my point.

Also, those 20-7 year old systems all work flawlessly. Many people that have owned an Xbox 360 for at least a month can't say the same.

And even the Master System, a console that had games that had to be developed or ported solely by Sega, had more good games than the 360, PS3, and Wii combined.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tomboh

Quote from: Kaz on August 18, 2007, 06:10:47 PM
Oh, so you're one of those graphics nazis. Okay. Have fun with watered-down gameplay.

Seriously, I don't understand why realism is such a big deal these days. The whole reason I enjoy video games is that they're not reality.
If I was a huge graphic nazi, I wouldn't be supporting Nintendo. But I really don't enjoy playing a game that looks like pure shit. And how exactly is the gameplay watered-down?

Also, refer to my edit.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 05:45:33 PM

As does my Genesis.

As does my Saturn.

As does my Dreamcast.

As does my Game Gear.

Took Nintendo a generation to learn how to build quality products, took Sony two (and hell, it hasn't been long enough to say whether or not the PS3 is reliable), and Microsoft will probably never learn. Sega never really had any problems, aside from the Genesis controllers dying... but that could just be a result of me taking apart every piece of hardware I own.
Funny because all my Sega systems work, every one of my NES systems work but take at least 20 trys so I just bought a rip off NES that works better then the real thing, and my PS2 and PS1 broke. I had to buy a 2nd PS2.

Go Up