June 28, 2024, 11:16:25 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I was in a car accident

Started by Samus Aran, December 29, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Sounds about right, an officer once tagged me with "unreasonable and impudent" speed which essentially means driving at a speed considered  unsafe in inclement weather conditions. Granted, I was going 5 mph over in clear and warm weather, but the fine was somewhere in the $300 range

They should really make these tickets scale with income though, the wealthy can speed without much fear but when I received that ticket it was half a months rent and a quarter of my monthly salary.

Daddy

Quote from: YPargh on February 28, 2017, 01:23:42 PM

They should really make these tickets scale with income though, the wealthy can speed without much fear but when I received that ticket it was half a months rent and a quarter of my monthly salary.
shut the fuck up commie i got mine fuck you

Also yes, flat fines are regressive and usually only serve to majorly impair poor while inconveniencing or not mattering to wealthy people.

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm sorry i completely missed this but how's the recovery coming along happydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

also, i, uh, """broke""" my hip once too, but after a couple of surgeries i walk as if nothing ever happened (jesus, that scar though)

i hope to hear that your story is the same lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 13, 2017, 09:14:03 PM
i'm sorry i completely missed this but how's the recovery coming along happydood;

fine

my hip still has slight soreness now and then, but i rarely notice it. every once in a while it may act up a bit. tight pants make it more likely to happen. i still can't truly comfortably lay on my left side.

my forehead and my eyelid still have marks, but they're getting smaller all the time.

Kalahari Inkantation

May 13, 2017, 09:47:23 PM #141 Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:01:06 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 13, 2017, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 13, 2017, 09:14:03 PM

fine

wrench;

my hip still has slight soreness now and then, but i rarely notice it. every once in a while it may act up a bit. tight pants make it more likely to happen.

this still happens to me, but it's not pants or clothing that cause it

in my case, it's the long-term weather changes brought about by seasonal transitions (hot-cold dilation of metallic implants brought about by seasonal changes -> slight but temporary pain/discomfort as surrounding area adjusts)

buuut my case is just a little different from yours so i should probably stop making direct comparisons lol

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 13, 2017, 09:21:43 PMi still can't truly comfortably lay on my left side.

but first, some more direct comparisons:

if you're like me, that might take about a full year, give or take some months, to really subside

i had a miserable time laying on my right side for long time before one day i just noticed i could do it without too much discomfort

my overall flexibility in that joint and leg has been reduced slightly, and there is still some mild muscular weakness, but neither of those is necessarily permanent and i cold fix both by just exercising more (...or at all)

and in practice it woks just fine

as of recently i even regained the ability to run normally lol

my forehead and my eyelid still have marks, but they're getting smaller all the time.

good2hear

come to think of it, my own scar collection has gotten quite large in the past 24mo

thankfully, most aside from the hip one are small and they're all concealed by regular clothing

silvertone

yo kaz do you need help i got u bud

Samus Aran

silvertone

shit. dont let anyone get u down and dont be too proud to let your friends help you. stay strong buddy. also i read a cool book called invisible cities by italo calvino and i think you may like it, you probably read it. stay lit.

Daddy

Go Up