July 01, 2024, 03:00:34 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I was in a car accident

Started by Samus Aran, December 29, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

i've literally never in my life heard about a person being in a serious accident and then getting charged for it. what the fuck?

FAMY2

Good Luck Kaz. Never heard anything so stupid before.

Samus Aran

in happier news, i got ypr's package today! thank you so much ypr!!!! it was a copy of tales of berseria, for anyone who wants to know

giggle;

Samus Aran

So, update:

John and I drove a little over two hours to Duluth yesterday so I could get x-rays done at the hospital i was at before. It's kind of annoying that I couldn't just get a transfer to a hospital down here in Minneapolis, but oh well. My x-rays were just fine, so while I still have some soreness and bruising, for all intents and purposes my hip fractures have pretty much healed. My forehead lacerations are also healing up pretty nicely now, there's never any blood on the bandages when I change them now. There was for a while, probably because I had the stitches removed too soon idk.

So all this means that I'm allowed to walk without crutches. And I have been since we got back yesterday. And so far it's going all right - I can't walk a long time without my left leg getting kinda stiff and sore, and I hobble a bit while walking, but other than that I'm pretty quickly getting back to the point of being able to walk normally.

This means that technically start working again as soon as I feel ready. But here's the problem with that: I don't have a car anymore, and I'm far too poor to buy one. I'll have to look into dealership financing I guess, or some sort of loan. Or just hold out until I have a few grand? Idk. But not having a car means I have to use a bus or uber to work, so that'll be new as well. Means the same for any time I want to do anything in the city, and I have quite a few shows coming up starting March 1.

I'm so fucked lol, this would all be so much easier if I had literally ANY extra money. I don't even really have enough to get through all of February's bills. I'm still waiting on a check from the auto salvage place for my smashed G6, and I'm waiting on student loan tax forms to be able to finish doing my tax return. No idea how quickly I'll have any extra cash available, and even if I started working in two weeks, that's an extra two weeks (at least) after that before I'll have a paycheck. So I might have that in time to pay February rent and thus be ok for bills through Feb, but beyond that I'll still have fucking nothing.

This is, of course, not counting any fines I may or may not incur due to the court hearing.

Question of the now: has anyone ever financed for a used car before?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on January 27, 2017, 02:17:41 PM
in happier news, i got ypr's package today! thank you so much ypr!!!! it was a copy of tales of berseria, for anyone who wants to know

giggle;
Yay! Hope it's fun n_n
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on January 27, 2017, 02:48:16 PM
So, update:

John and I drove a little over two hours to Duluth yesterday so I could get x-rays done at the hospital i was at before. It's kind of annoying that I couldn't just get a transfer to a hospital down here in Minneapolis, but oh well. My x-rays were just fine, so while I still have some soreness and bruising, for all intents and purposes my hip fractures have pretty much healed. My forehead lacerations are also healing up pretty nicely now, there's never any blood on the bandages when I change them now. There was for a while, probably because I had the stitches removed too soon idk.

So all this means that I'm allowed to walk without crutches. And I have been since we got back yesterday. And so far it's going all right - I can't walk a long time without my left leg getting kinda stiff and sore, and I hobble a bit while walking, but other than that I'm pretty quickly getting back to the point of being able to walk normally.

This means that technically start working again as soon as I feel ready. But here's the problem with that: I don't have a car anymore, and I'm far too poor to buy one. I'll have to look into dealership financing I guess, or some sort of loan. Or just hold out until I have a few grand? Idk. But not having a car means I have to use a bus or uber to work, so that'll be new as well. Means the same for any time I want to do anything in the city, and I have quite a few shows coming up starting March 1.

I'm so fucked lol, this would all be so much easier if I had literally ANY extra money. I don't even really have enough to get through all of February's bills. I'm still waiting on a check from the auto salvage place for my smashed G6, and I'm waiting on student loan tax forms to be able to finish doing my tax return. No idea how quickly I'll have any extra cash available, and even if I started working in two weeks, that's an extra two weeks (at least) after that before I'll have a paycheck. So I might have that in time to pay February rent and thus be ok for bills through Feb, but beyond that I'll still have fucking nothing.

This is, of course, not counting any fines I may or may not incur due to the court hearing.

Well that's good that you can move around more but yeesh that's a lot of pressure to be under :(

I financed my car through my bank, USAA. They even discussed the car with the dealer on the phone to make sure the car was worth what I was paying. I don't know if a lot of banks do that but it was very handy. Do you have good credit??

rdl

do you have zipcar up there? idk if thats feasible, but if you get sick of uber i dont think zipcar is too expensive.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on January 27, 2017, 02:48:16 PM
So, update:

I'm currently financing my car. it was a simple enough process, found a dude on craigslist and he met me at the bank. signed the papers and i was on my way.

It's better to get pre approved for a loan. I got approaved for a 10k loan for a car. its better to go to the bank first and see what you qualify for so that way you don't end up with a car that's bigger than your wallet (my sister went to the dealership for her element, ended up overpaying on the total and had high monthly payments.) My bank had kickbacks like getting a better interest rate if you get a newer vehicle and/or a fuel efficient vehicle. That made me get a newer car (an 08 Outback, which is a fine car but new car designs are not that attractive to me). Best thing to do is talk to your banks loan officer once you're on your feet and they can give you a good idea of where to start.

Hiro

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 27, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
an 08 Outback, which is a fine car but new car designs are not that attractive to me

dude niiiice
also that's not really a new car design, the outbacks now are much worse-looking (too big), the '08 p much looks like an outback from the 90s but less outdated

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: ƕɾο on January 27, 2017, 07:06:40 PM
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 27, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
an 08 Outback, which is a fine car but new car designs are not that attractive to me

dude niiiice
also that's not really a new car design, the outbacks now are much worse-looking (too big), the '08 p much looks like an outback from the 90s but less outdated
yeah but in comparison to the 80's designs (like the Loyale holy moly) i think they pale

strongbad

is there decent public transport in your area? can be a good money saver while you are saving for something

Samus Aran

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 03, 2017, 01:28:21 AM
is there decent public transport in your area? can be a good money saver while you are saving for something

Yeah. Plus there's always Uber. I just got a bus card yesterday tho.

Hiro

uber is not cheap, only really good for emergencies
but also use lyft instead

Samus Aran

Quote from: ƕɾο on February 03, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
uber is not cheap, only really good for emergencies
but also use lyft instead

im legitimately not sure how else i'm going to get back home after, say, a live show downtown that ends past midnight

barring a three hour bus ride or a taxi (which would cost like $40 (including tip) from downtown to my apartment. 21 minute drive)

ME##

Do not donate money to the Über Jew

Go Up