July 02, 2024, 11:36:34 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Started by strongbad, January 27, 2011, 04:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Whoa just started doing JCG yesterday and they're super easy. I wish I would have started using them earlier, my game would be a lot better by now.

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on April 28, 2011, 09:59:59 AM
JCG?

Jump Cancelled Grabs. Before you jump, there's a small amount of lag where you can do anything and it will cancel that jump and preform the new action. So if you're dashing, jump, and then grab within that spot of lag, you will preform your standing grab from a dash instead of your dashing grab. This is important because a characters standing grab usually has more range and is much less punishable than a dashing grab.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Yusuke on April 11, 2011, 09:47:44 PM
what's the point in competing if you're not using the game's full capabilities
you are using it to its full capabilities

its full capability to allow you to play however the FUCK YOU WANT

strongbad

sheik is so fucking awesome
forward tilt, FAIR
Down Throw, up tilt or forward tilt, FAIR
FAIR FAIR FAIR SO FUCKING GOOD

YPrrrr

I suck at up tilts, they either become smash moves or jumps :'(

strongbad

Quote from: YPR on May 01, 2011, 07:04:09 PM
I suck at up tilts, they either become smash moves or jumps :'(

i had the same problem with just about all of my tilts. it's all about getting the muscle memory down in your fingers, but man it's a pain in the ass. totally worth it though

Nyerp

ew i always make it so that only x/y are jump

YPrrrr

Hm, maybe I should just turn it off... I only use x/y to intentionally jump as well

strongbad

i don't think you can turn it off in melee

YPrrrr

Melee's the only smash game I currently lack at college so that's ok as far as Brawl goes.

Melee's actually the hardest to readjust to as well so I'm more hesitant to play that one when showcasing my SSB talent because I know those who play Melee exclusively will take advantage of me gonk;

Volvagia

Quote from: MF Doom on May 01, 2011, 06:54:01 PM
sheik is so fucking awesome
forward tilt, FAIR
Down Throw, up tilt or forward tilt, FAIR
FAIR FAIR FAIR SO FUCKING GOOD

inb4 someone knows how to fight sheiks and di's properly.

Sheik's play style is very aggressive, yet has to be annoying as fuck when theres space between you and the other character. Needle traps are amazing, especially on the edge. (Stealing their jump with needles, causing them to die due to UP+B being out of range from the edge.)

Spacing on your fairs has to be really good when playing against Marth and Falco.

Play a character cause' you like them, not cause they're good.

Jiggs never used to be top of the tier until Mango proved how good she was, Sheik used to be queen/king (depending on whatever you fanboys/girl want to say.) of the tier.

strongbad

Quote from: Volvagia on May 02, 2011, 06:31:42 PM
inb4 someone knows how to fight sheiks and di's properly.

Sheik's play style is very aggressive, yet has to be annoying as fuck when theres space between you and the other character. Needle traps are amazing, especially on the edge. (Stealing their jump with needles, causing them to die due to UP+B being out of range from the edge.)

Spacing on your fairs has to be really good when playing against Marth and Falco.

Play a character cause' you like them, not cause they're good.

Jiggs never used to be top of the tier until Mango proved how good she was, Sheik used to be queen/king (depending on whatever you fanboys/girl want to say.) of the tier.

I do like sheik a lot, being better at a character directly contributes to how much fun you seem to have with them most of the time.
And yeah I'm sure my basic sheik strategies aren't pro level and are easily countered, but the little combos are so much fun giggle;

strongbad

started playing again seriously after a 3ish month hiatus (summer).
Been playing a lot of Shiek, kind of moving away from Marth. Also playing a little Fox.

I love melee so much <3

Tomboh

We play a lot of Melee in the dorm. I main C. Falcon because I like to knee the shit out of everybody.

Idk how good i am. I can wavedash but I don't implement it into my play. I can short hop well though and i l-cancel n' shit.

Every Saturday I play Brawl with this RSO at the college and even though melee is obviously the better smash I just have more fun with brawl. More characters that I can enjoy playing as. Really in Melee the only characters that I really like being are C. Falc, Marth, Sheik, and sometimes Fox and Falco. With Brawl it's pretty much everybody.

strongbad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8
really really really great video for those of you interested in what it takes to become a pro ssbm player

Go Up