July 05, 2024, 07:27:53 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Started by strongbad, January 27, 2011, 04:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: AegisReflector on December 06, 2011, 08:30:16 AM
That's not even remotely my point, but alright. Consider a novice who doesn't know how to dodge then.  doodthing;
Well then I'd say they're probably going to get raped by just about any character in the game n_u

AegisReflector

Quote from: NPR on December 06, 2011, 10:28:10 AM
Well then I'd say they're probably going to get raped by just about any character in the game n_u

You can still win without dodging.

YPrrrr

AegisReflector

Quote from: NPR on December 06, 2011, 10:31:52 AM
Nope

Dude, I have a friend who rapes with Snake and he does it without even dodging attacks (Well, Snake CAN take a lot of damage and not be sent flying, but whatever) or projectiles. Sure, he jumps out of the way, but he never uses his shields.

strongbad

You and your friend suck then

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hatsune Miku on December 06, 2011, 01:29:36 PM
tripping
Oh yeah good point

That does provide moments of wtf this game sucks

Nyerp

smash bros. is a party game so i don't mind tripping that much it just adds to the wackiness and unpredictability happydood;

Samus Aran

i actually did enjoy brawl more than enough with friends/family and played through the single-player and such and got the majority of those silly rewards and in general had a smashing good time

i mean i like the game but i agree with the general sentiment that melee is a hell of a lot better

Quote from: Nyerp on December 06, 2011, 01:37:18 PM
smash bros. is a party game so i don't mind tripping that much it just adds to the wackiness and unpredictability happydood;

sometimes it does this and sometimes it just pisses me off, depends on what kind of match i happen to be playing

so i wish you could turn it off.

YPrrrr

I'd agree but I get pretty upset in Mario Party too n_u
Quote from: Hatsune Miku on December 06, 2011, 01:38:06 PM
i actually did enjoy brawl more than enough with friends/family and played through the single-player and such and got the majority of those silly rewards and in general had a smashing good time

i mean i like the game but i agree with the general sentiment that melee is a hell of a lot better

I can never go back to single air dodges cry;

Kalahari Inkantation

i hate tripping and i think a lot of the decisions nintendo made for brawl were kind of stupid

but overall i still prefer it to melee :'(

strongbad

brawl is a better party game and is more fun for casuals

melee is a much tighter, significantly more technical, and works way better competitively

those are my 3cents

YPrrrr

Also I can never go back to melee kong. He's so much better in brawl it's ridiculous

strongbad

December 07, 2011, 11:24:02 AM #148 Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:32:26 AM by MF Doom

WHERE YOU AT

strongbad

On an unrelated note, my friend and I are hosting the first official meeting for WWU's Super Smash Bros Melee Club tonight. Fuck yeah

Go Up