July 02, 2024, 11:15:14 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Started by strongbad, January 27, 2011, 04:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

So I started a SSBM club at my university with a friend of mine, and while waiting for the club approval to go through, we hosted a smashfest at my friend's house yesterday. 3 TV's, one for doubles, two for singles. It was hella fun. I'm stoked to have more people than just my friend to play with.

Also my Marth is getting pretty sweet. Starting to use Dashdancing JCGs and Chaingrabbing have made me significantly better giggle;

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy Bear Killer, Nord of the North on November 14, 2011, 10:04:45 AM
I've only ever been able to wavedash once.

I was so impressed with myself.

practice practice practice
so satisfying to implement it into your gameplay successfully

for the longest time my strategy with marth was wavedash away from any attack and then forward smash. it still works 100% of the time for people who don't know how to play smash lols

strongbad

I MAIN JP NOW
WALL OF PAIN BITCHES

AegisReflector

Marth's my main. I loooove Fire Emblem.

Melee is the best Smash imo just because it's more fast-paced and balanced. Brawl is way more slower and has beefed up fighters with 1-hit KOs (IKE)

Nyerp

Quote from: AegisReflector on December 05, 2011, 09:24:47 AM
and has beefed up fighters with 1-hit KOs (IKE)

what the fuck are you talking about?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on December 05, 2011, 12:28:21 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

Quote from: Snowy on December 05, 2011, 12:41:40 PM
lol

uh but it's true that Ike's smash attacks are ridiculously overpowered and can often 1-hit KO with very little damage previously done to an opponent

not sure why aegis's comment was lol-some or confusing

silvertone

ike is balanced because his triple jump is total bull shit

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on December 05, 2011, 04:26:14 PM
ike is balanced because his triple jump is total bull shit

and he's ridiculously slow

Samus Aran

still, it is kind of retarded that an Ike player in a hectic 4-player match can basically just walk up to a fight between 2/3 others, charge up a smash attack halfway, and kill them all in a single blow

he might have shitty jumps and be really slow but i'm sorry, he is just too powerful

YPrrrr

Ike needs at least ~30% damage to KO someone except for maybe jigglypuff, and there'd probably have to at least be a little bit of charge to that smash attack too. I don't think that's a one-hit KO any more than any other character's smash move. The only move that's close to a 1-shot from 0% is Ganondorf's aerial spike

Ike is terribly slow so I wouldn't say anything of his is overpowered. In a 4 person free for all he can get some cheap kills, sure, but 1 on 1 he's not too bothersome.
Quote from: Hatsune Miku on December 05, 2011, 04:27:44 PM
still, it is kind of retarded that an Ike player in a hectic 4-player match can basically just walk up to a fight between 2/3 others, charge up a smash attack halfway, and kill them all in a single blow

he might have shitty jumps and be really slow but i'm sorry, he is just too powerful
Peripheral vision? If he kills 2-3 people by just walking up they're pretty stupid lol

You could say the same about Falcon's or Ganondorf's punches really.

Samus Aran

yeah it's basically during 3/4-player matches that i think he's overly cheap

1-on-1 he's no big deal obviously, but i still think it's annoying that a character can KO that easily to begin with...same goes for characters like Ganondorf. i just hate these kinds of characters.

silvertone

gannon dorf is the best because you have a sword but don't utilize it

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on December 05, 2011, 04:33:47 PM
again, they're slow enough to no be a threat.

3/4 player matches against them isn't that if you know how to play keep-away.

Which is just walking from him. girl;

I STILL DON'T HAVE TO LIKE HIM

FUCK IKE

YPrrrr

I wish my Wii worked so I could play some boyagers... I'd clean house with DK n_u

Samus Aran

Dear Kaz,
You'll get no sympathy from me.

Sincerely,
Ike

Go Up