July 08, 2024, 10:00:04 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Black and White Versions

Started by bluaki, April 08, 2010, 11:40:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

April 08, 2010, 11:40:05 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:02:44 PM by bluaki
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

The titles translate to Pocket Monsters Black and White. (or are read as such, for that matter, because Japanese people like to put English words just spelled out in their symbols. POKETTO MONSUTA BURAKKU)

How old is the prediction I've heard many times of future pokemon games being named just this? Like 10-12 years?

Also itt: general Pokemon Gen 5 discussion. Like that ugly "Zoroark" creature

Points of info so far:

• Names are Black and White versions, assuming they stay the same in all regions

• If you missed it before, two Pokemon from these games were mentioned not long ago. Only with their Japanese names: Zorua and Zoroark

• These games are officially labeled as "Nintendo DS" on that web page. Not DSi or 3DS or anything fancy like that.

• The overworld graphics are about the same as other DS Pokemon games, except the camera seems to get more movement.

• Japanese release is this Fall, so ours is probably Spring 2011.

• More details are to come by April 15th according to the same page.

YPrrrr

I'm expecting them to be terrible, but nintendo can feel free to prove me wrong at any time

C.Mongler

i expect it will be pokemon. i'd like to have a BIG ass world this time with like 59 badges or some shit. that would be cool.

Wrench

Quote from: C Mongler on April 09, 2010, 12:10:02 AM
i expect it will be pokemon. i'd like to have a BIG ass world this time with like 59 badges or some shit. that would be cool.

That'd be freaking awesome. I wish they would actually consider it though.

MiKeY101

mmm interesting i love Pokémon games thing is the should as someone said make the world bigger which would be amazing!
MikeyT92

Volvagia

When I was a kid Black and White were pirated cartridges of Blue and Red, or was it Silver and Gold. I can't remember, but they were counterfeit copies of one of the two generations. A few kids at school had them, there was nothing wrong with the games themselves, they worked fine, traded fine, had all the same pokemon, could do everything we could do. It was just the title that was different and the strange looking cartridge it came in. So, it was basically a modified Rom and a custom case. Shit was crazy. Now it's even weirder to me that Nintendo are finally making a Black and White version. heh.

Pokemon counterfeits are seriously the worst when it comes to games though. (It happens with every fucking Pokemon game.) I own a counterfeit Platinum due to buying it online (Amazon.) it works fine etc, plays normally, nothings wrong with it, it's just the box it came in and the cartridge colour. It was a lot cheaper though than buying it in store, so what do I expect.

Might buy/pirate it. Not sure. I kinda like heart gold enough to actually buy it. But I don't see the point in doing so as my emulator does everything the DS can do besides go on the move.

strongbad

I won't buy it unless there are no random battles. I am so sick of the traditional pokemon formula that nothing else could bring me to play it.

C.Mongler

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 09, 2010, 06:36:27 AM
I won't buy it unless there are no random battles. I am so sick of the traditional pokemon formula that nothing else could bring me to play it.

so you'll only play it if it stars pokemon, but nothing about the game that makes it pokemon

Dullahan

Lame ass colours/names. doodthing;

I won't expect much from this. However, if it's released on the DS, I'll probably get it. But for fuck sakes, make a grass starter that doesn't stand on four legs.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dullahan on April 09, 2010, 11:31:19 AM
Lame ass colours/names. doodthing;

I won't expect much from this. However, if it's released on the DS, I'll probably get it. But for fuck sakes, make a grass starter that doesn't stand on four legs.
Treeko

Dullahan

Quote from: YPR on April 09, 2010, 12:02:06 PM
Treeko
Yes, I'm aware he's the only one that doesn't stand on four legs. But still, compared to the fire and water, they don't have any four-legged guys. (I don't know if you consider Cyndaquil four-legged)

Not only that, it'd be better if they didn't reuse certain animals for starters. Torterra was okay but they already had a turtle starter. And Chimchar and Piplup were ugly. akudood;

Samus Aran

well if i had a giant bulb on my back it'd probably be pretty inefficient for me to walk on two legs

Andria

Though it would never happen I wouldn't mind seeing 3 starters that weren't the classic types.

I can't wait to hear more about it the 15th

Geno

Oh god I lol'd so hard at some of these

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

There is supposed to be a big announcement on Pokemon Sunday, Saturday

Also the CoroCoro scans on Sunday (they revealed Zoroa)

FUCK YEAH GEN 5

Go Up