July 08, 2024, 09:25:54 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Black and White Versions

Started by bluaki, April 08, 2010, 11:40:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

There are a lot of things I have to say on the subject, but for right now, I'm upset that it's not a 3DS launch title.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Classic

Quote from: Sam on April 09, 2010, 02:39:49 PM
There are a lot of things I have to say on the subject, but for right now, I'm upset that it's not a 3DS launch title.

But after reading about the 3DS and how the Pokemon Company has a system dev kit...I'm willing to be you it'll have something to do with the 3DS.

KonohaShinobi

April 10, 2010, 03:44:41 AM #17 Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:52:45 AM by KonohaShinobi
AWWWW SHIT! SEREBII UPDATED, THE FUCKING SCANS ARE OUT:

ADVANCED 3D graphics- more sideways and less overhead, at least inside of the pokecenter, WHICH NOW HAS A FUCKING SHOP

You can also barely see that people speak with word bubbles pointing to the speaker now.
And the 3D overview is as close to full3D as it can get on the DS, saying 3D so much makes me wonder why it isn't on the 3DS lol

The Battle Scenes are now more relatable to the enviornment and we can see the back of your own pokemon, no animation scenes of battles OR the bottom screen yet.

What I did not see: Pokemon following you. This is easily the greatest thing in HG/SS, why would you not include this?! It also seems like they might not use the pokewalker neither :x

Then again it might be in there, not enough to tell yet.

Wrench

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 10, 2010, 03:44:41 AM
AWWWW SHIT! SEREBII UPDATED, THE FUCKING SCANS ARE OUT:

ADVANCED 3D graphics- more sideways and less overhead, at least inside of the pokecenter, WHICH NOW HAS A FUCKING SHOP

You can also barely see that people speak with word bubbles pointing to the speaker now.
And the 3D overview is as close to full3D as it can get on the DS, saying 3D so much makes me wonder why it isn't on the 3DS lol

The Battle Scenes are now more relatable to the enviornment and we can see the back of your own pokemon, no animation scenes of battles OR the bottom screen yet.

What I did not see: Pokemon following you. This is easily the greatest thing in HG/SS, why would you not include this?! It also seems like they might not use the pokewalker neither :x

Then again it might be in there, not enough to tell yet.

Holy crap. I just saw the screens. Those graphics are really awesome.

Yeah, those looked pretty neat.

They better include it. We paid an extra $5 for a Pokewalker so we better be able to use it on more than 2 games. I don't really care if they remove Pokemon following you, but I still want to take strolls.

strongbad

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 10, 2010, 03:44:41 AM
What I did not see: Pokemon following you. This is easily the greatest thing in HG/SS

I don't even know what to say to this.

Wrench

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 10, 2010, 08:28:58 AM
I don't even know what to say to this.

Does "WAT!!!!" come to mind?

It was neat and all, but not needed

bluaki

The 3D rendering itself doesn't actually seem any better at all than the other DS pokemon games. These pictures just have more of a camera angle. It's already obvious that the overworld characters are still sprites glued onto a 3D environment, which has been ugly for every other DS pokemon game even without camera angle changes. It becomes especially ugly in HGSS when they change the camera angle for just ONE thing: taking pictures of your party, let alone advanced camera movement.

Even the DS is capable of much better 3D than this. Super Mario 64 DS is a good example of its capabilities.

The battle system changes look like they might work well, depending on future info. And it's about time that they merge the two essential buildings of every town.

spaceman

KonohaShinobi

OH MY GOD I JUST NOTICED IN THE ZOROA/ZOROARK BATTLE SCENE: FUCKING SHADOWS!

HOLY SHIT

Also, I just thought about this: the pokewalker only has the data for the sprites from Gen 1 up until 4, so if the pokewalker is involved in gen5 they probably would have to release another one. Unless the pokewalker does not work like that, and it's just a shell and the DS emits all of the required info.

Oh and I noticed in the battle scene, no HP screen clutter. Maybe the screenshot is just from the entering of the battle though

OR

Pokemon HP is now only indicative by VISUAL DAMAGE

AWWW SHIT!

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Kono you're only going to be disappointed

Samus Aran

Quote from: GENOP on April 10, 2010, 04:35:16 PM
Kono shut the hell up

seriously

he gets overexcited or enraged for the dumbest reasons

ME##

OMFG THEY WENT.  BACK.  TO.  COLOURS.  IT MEANS THAT IT'LL ONLY HAVE GEN 1 AND 2 POGEYS

Volvagia

shit legit? idk dont read kotaku etc. was on 4chan.

Samus Aran

yes, that pic is from a collection of scans and screens already posted a couple posts above you

Go Up