September 05, 2024, 06:35:28 AM

1,531,308 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Discussion.

Started by Volvagia, April 08, 2010, 06:56:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: steal on April 19, 2010, 09:21:29 AM
I evolved mine to a a Togekiss and it rapes, at level 73 it's got about 200 special attack and special defense, and a speed stat around 180.

What moveset does it have, I almost bought a shiny stone after grinding the Power pokeathalon for 3000 points but I'm not buying it if I will never use togekiss

Also, not sure if anyone has posted an FC but you should edit the first post and make an FC list

Posting mine asap

And why is the safari zone so confusing, I have no idea where to put these stupid items that Baoba keeps calling every 5 seconds that he recieves.

YPrrrr

Air Slash is a great move for togekiss whenever he gets it... so much flinching ensues

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Fuck it is hard to have a balanced team. at least level wise. All my pokemon are like lvl 26 and I'm about face the olivine gym leader. I feel like they're supposed to be like lvl 30 something by now.

BUUUUUUT. I have made better progress on the pokedex this go around. I've got like 50 pokemon. When was going through G/S/C at six years old, I only had like 15 by the time I beat Red. I didn't give a fuck about catchin pokemon. I had the ones I wanted.

?????

Die for Dethklok

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: It's On D on April 20, 2010, 02:52:22 PM
Fuck it is hard to have a balanced team. at least level wise. All my pokemon are like lvl 26 and I'm about face the olivine gym leader. I feel like they're supposed to be like lvl 30 something by now.

BUUUUUUT. I have made better progress on the pokedex this go around. I've got like 50 pokemon. When was going through G/S/C at six years old, I only had like 15 by the time I beat Red. I didn't give a fuck about catchin pokemon. I had the ones I wanted.

Oh man, I hope you beat that clanwood bitch first.

he is much lower leveled so you can reap some exp off of his trainers and him.

I learned the hard way that you were supposd to beat him first, after losing to jasmine 300 times. My whole team was like in the 40s when I beat her, after I beat the clanwood gym leader.

Yeah, keeping all the levels even is difficult. I just trained a lapras up to 45 from a level 1 egg, took 3 full days training in caves, and that pond in Illex forest full of Psyducks/Golducks (GREAT for EV training Special Attack, nothing but ducks are there, 24/7)
Meanwhil I kept getting called for my Kingler egg.

The point of training the water pokemon: To defeat Brock. At level 45, with a level 56 Dewgong for backup, Lapras wiped up Brocks entire team with OHKs of Brine. Except for his random Omastar, I swapped lapras out with amphoros and finished it.

So now I am starting all over again to take on Misty.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: It's On D on April 20, 2010, 02:52:22 PM

Yeah, I am like 50 behind on my Seen/Caught ratio.

I have been evolving pokemon I never would use, but then end up using alot, because I never used them before. There are so many options, it's ridiculous.

Wrench

Caught Snorlax today and will be battling Brock fairly soon

Politoed is now lvl 50 RUB IT

KonohaShinobi

So I was training in Mt. Moon when I decided to go to the top. I noticed that little pond up there and thought,"Hmm, I wonder what pokemon are in there...."

Go back and forth when HOLY FUCKING SHIT GOLDEN MAGIKARP!

This is my second shiny EVER and both (the Zubat previously [now a delicious shiny crobat]) in SoulSilver. Did they up the encounter rate or am I getting extremely lucky?

I heard the shiny encounter rate is lowered by game time. I have 154 hours clocked in when I found the golden karp.

Oh and it kind of sucks because EVERYONE gets a shiny gyrados at the Lake of Rage :/
I'm just not going to evolve it :]

Wrench

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 27, 2010, 12:22:44 PM
So I was training in Mt. Moon when I decided to go to the top. I noticed that little pond up there and thought,"Hmm, I wonder what pokemon are in there...."

Go back and forth when HOLY FUCKING SHIT GOLDEN MAGIKARP!

This is my second shiny EVER and both (the Zubat previously [now a delicious shiny crobat]) in SoulSilver. Did they up the encounter rate or am I getting extremely lucky?

I heard the shiny encounter rate is lowered by game time. I have 154 hours clocked in when I found the golden karp.

Oh and it kind of sucks because EVERYONE gets a shiny gyrados at the Lake of Rage :/
I'm just not going to evolve it :]

I caught my first and only shiny (without Red Gyarados) on Soul Silver. It's a yellow Weedle. giggle;

I WANNA FIND MORE

Dullahan

I've only found shinies in the original Gold and Silver versions. And I've found a ton of them.

rdl

Quote from: TheSequel on April 17, 2010, 05:14:05 PM
When I get far enough in the game I'll catch a Phanphy and trade with you <3
do you still play pokemans

it doesn't matter anyway, since my router isnt compatible with my ds. but...does anyone still play this game?

Patrick Stickles

uh finding shinies in diamond and pearl is ridiculously easy

i caught about 7 shiny togepis trying to find one that also had a good enough nature to use
but then i blew it all ;_;

anyhow i still play soul silver
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Nyerp

um i have 4 badges in heartgold but my pokemon suck how do i make them better

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nyerp on August 01, 2010, 11:00:33 AM
um i have 4 badges in heartgold but my pokemon suck how do i make them better
Which pokemon do you have in party

Nyerp

Quote from: YPR on August 01, 2010, 12:27:03 PM
Which pokemon do you have in party