October 04, 2024, 09:37:19 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Discussion.

Started by Volvagia, April 08, 2010, 06:56:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

April 08, 2010, 06:56:06 PM Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:14:30 AM by Volvagia
Currently pirating the shit out of it. Only played for 3 hours though. Fuck yeah Desmume, you are a god who can connect to my DS and play over the internets or emulator to emulator with hamachi. Shit feels good.

Seriously though, do you guys enjoy this rehash of Gold & Silver. And if so, what do you like about it?

Oh, and post battle team + levels + progress.

3 hours in + big breaks whilst playing for food and other shit such as internet.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

fuck you tiny pic and your small resolution sizes.

Andria

Feraligatr 75
Drowzee 17
Ivysaur 19
Infernape 100
Mismagius 61
Dragonite 49

The ones that aren't evolved will eventually be evolved and that is probably gonna be my final battle team

Dullahan

Meganium - 65
Gengar - 62
Ampharos - 64
Ho-Oh - 61
Snorlax - 61

Snorlax kinda sucks a bit in this game. I don't know what they did. But I'm considering putting him aside and maybe replacing it with Lapras.

Wrench

Going off memory here...

Feraligatr 52
Typhlosion 42
Lugia 48
Jirachi 46
Electabuzz 46
Dragonair 30

who wants to trade me a electrilizer or whatever?

Volvagia

Quote from: Dullahan on April 08, 2010, 08:00:37 PM
Meganium - 65
Gengar - 62
Ampharos - 64
Ho-Oh - 61
Snorlax - 61

Snorlax kinda sucks a bit in this game. I don't know what they did. But I'm considering putting him aside and maybe replacing it with Lapras.

I'm glad someone else likes having an Ampharos in their party. Thunder Punch ftw.

Seriously though get an Eevee and evolve it into something or go ahead and catch Lugia if Snorlax sucks that bad. I'm not sure when the Legendary Dogs open up to be caught, but try catch one of them instead if you can right now.

Wrench

Quote from: Volvagia on April 09, 2010, 06:19:49 AM
I'm glad someone else likes having an Ampharos in their party. Thunder Punch ftw.

Seriously though get an Eevee and evolve it into something or go ahead and catch Lugia if Snorlax sucks that bad. I'm not sure when the Legendary Dogs open up to be caught, but try catch one of them instead if you can right now.

I would have an Ampharos, but I caught an Elekid on my Pokewalker and I've been using it since.

Volvagia

Quote from: Wrench on April 09, 2010, 06:27:33 AM
I would have an Ampharos, but I caught an Elekid on my Pokewalker and I've been using it since.

I DON'T HAVE A WALKLER THOUGH CAUSE' I'M A PIRATE WHORE. :(

I'm just picking up Pokemon I love, eventually I'll get a growlith. :3

Dullahan

Yup. The second generation is my favourite, and I always start with Chikorita, then catch Gastly in Sprout Tower, then catch Mareep after the first badge. And basically by then, I already have half my team. I don't really like having an Eevee evolution on my team for some reason. And I have Lugia, but I already have Ho-Oh on my team and I don't want to have another legendary because they have obvious strength and I want to mix it up a little.

But Jesus, I'm okay with taking on Red a few times but I have a hard time running through the Pokemon League without having a shitload of full restores and revives. psyduck;

And Snorlax doesn't help me worth a shit. >.<

KonohaShinobi

EVERYONE has ampharos on their team in HG/SS, it's pretty OU as far as I have seen

90 hours clocked in, my team for taking down Clair:
Dewgong
Cloister
Jynx
Ampharos

I know, I have 90 hours clocked in and only 7 gym leaders beaten, I'm doing other things like battling and pokeathloning Not to mention taking the time to EV train takes hours in and of itself, esspecially considering I have been training 3+ pokemon from scratch via breeding for each gym leader since I started the game. I am going full OCD on this one.

Also, i ran into Entei and used stun spore, then when I saw him again he was still paralyzed. I didn't notice that the roamers kept their damaged status, that's cool.

bluaki

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on April 09, 2010, 02:07:58 PM
I am going full OCD on this one.
I always wait until after finishing the entire story before doing OCD-like stuff
QuoteAlso, i ran into Entei and used stun spore, then when I saw him again he was still paralyzed. I didn't notice that the roamers kept their damaged status, that's cool.
Several times, I've had Entei run away from me while asleep madood;
Then I later found it walking on water while still asleep doodhuh;

My team, as of just finishing the Elite Four for the first time in my English game:
44 Typhlosion
46 Ho-oh
42 Ampharos
44 Golduck
51 Electivire (Mystery Gift from Pokemon Battle Revolution, used scarcely)
98 Gallade (total non-battler used to catch wilds with False Swipe etc.; to save frustration against legendaries)

Though Lance's Dragonite should've been a huge issue for me with this team and without decent TMs, I wimped out and used Electivire's Ice Punch

YPrrrr

Would anyone be willing to breed their R/B/Y starter they got from Oak and trade me one? girl;

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer pokemon-wise outside of the exclusive pokemon from HG though saddood;

Andria

Quote from: YPR on April 10, 2010, 02:40:01 PM
Would anyone be willing to breed their R/B/Y starter they got from Oak and trade me one? girl;

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer pokemon-wise outside of the exclusive pokemon from HG though saddood;

I will get on breeding you a bulbasaur immediately

YPrrrr

Andria

Quote from: YPR on April 10, 2010, 02:42:27 PM
You are a saint AWESOME

I also have a chimchar egg, and can breed you a torchic and/or totodile if you want

YPrrrr

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on April 10, 2010, 02:44:47 PM
I also have a chimchar egg, and can breed you a torchic and/or totodile if you want
That's ok, I'm fine with Bulbasaur for now, you've done more than enough for me <3

Go Up