July 19, 2024, 09:18:26 PM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Discussion.

Started by Volvagia, April 08, 2010, 06:56:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nyerp on August 01, 2010, 12:30:42 PM
quilava, onix, furret, pidgeotto, togetic, and nidorino

they blow so hard!!!!!!!!!
too many normal pokemon, you need a water or grass or electric or psychic or something... anything

Nyerp

Quote from: YPR on August 01, 2010, 01:32:10 PM
too many normal pokemon, you need a water or grass or electric or psychic or something... anything

why do normal pokemon have to suck, they're my fav, fuck this game!!

should i use the drowzee and gastly i dropped off at the daycare center??

rdl

speaking of daycares, i dropped off a wooper and a ratatta and went to go check out goldenrod city, and before i knew it they already made me an egg. so i went to pick it up, and im halfway through the city and they'd already made another one. i remember breeding being much harder than this.

also voltorb flip is pretty much the greatest thing ever. ive clocked 9 hours so far, and at least 3 of those have been wasted playing that game. i cant ever get past level 5 either, so i dont get why i love it so much.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nyerp on August 01, 2010, 05:18:15 PM
why do normal pokemon have to suck, they're my fav, fuck this game!!

should i use the drowzee and gastly i dropped off at the daycare center??
Sure that'd help; you could just use one too

hobbit

hey what level should my pkmn be for the elite 4?????

this is my team

meganium lvl 50
kadabra 46
delibird lvl 43 (planning on making him at least lvl 48)
skarmory lvl 40
nidoking lvl 43
ursaring lvl 33 (i'm currently training him. maybe get him to lvl42)

YPrrrr

If I'm remembering right being right around level 50 with most of your pokemon should work out fine

hobbit

Quote from: YPR on August 09, 2010, 11:18:34 AM
If I'm remembering right being right around level 50 with most of your pokemon should work out fine
ugh that's a lot of work.

btw, my trainer number 01234. no joke. it's pretty cool.

YPrrrr

Quote from: hobbit on August 09, 2010, 11:31:01 AM
ugh that's a lot of work.

btw, my trainer number 01234. no joke. it's pretty cool.
That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

No really sweeeeet  goodjob;

rdl

August 09, 2010, 07:28:54 PM #98 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:33:06 PM by FDR
I just took out the Elite Four, and I wasn't at level 50, so you should be fine. Being underleveled makes things more exciting anyway.

My team:
Typhlosion lvl 40
Ampharos lvl 40
Gyarados lvl 40
Heracross lvl 39
Espeon lvl 40
Pupitar lvl 33

It took a little luck, namely with Bruno's Machamp and all of Lance's Dragonites. The only way I could kill Aerodactyl was by Focus Sash countering one of its attacks.

So, yeah, just get something that learns ice moves (I thought Delibird only learns Present?), and you'll be ok. Kadabra could probably take out both Koga and Bruno (My Espeon only knew Psybeam), and you could probably push your way through the other two. Put Choice Specs on Kadabra though, just in case (I think your Mom buys you one, either that or it's at the Lake of Rage). Meganium will be useless, you should get an electric instead to make Will easier and give your ice-type a backup in case it's too weak.

(I'm not a pokenerd I swear D: )

Oh and on the subject of ID bragging, mine is 48444.

hobbit

meganium is my starter, so i can't abandone him. besides, he knows poison powder and lightscreen. dude can take a hit.

but yeah, my meganium (lvl 45)  killed lugia at least 10 times while i tried to catch it. he died only 3 times. lugia'son wind move took only about 1/3 of my meganium's health after i used light screen so really he's a solid investment.

i taught my delibird blizzard and fly. i mainly have him for lance.

rdl

Does your Meganium know leech seed? You could murder pretty much all of their pokemons using that, but it would probably take forever.

Oddly enough Lance never Hyper Beamed me, I dunno if he even still has that. Go to the Indigo Plateau (lol i love that name), and save before you go in and try to see how far you can go. I'd stock up on Revives and Moo Moo Milk before you do it, but you might want to get Hyper Potions if you're already in the 200 range.

hobbit

houndoom slaughtered my team, since nidoking is my only counter to fire type and he was lvl 43 going against a lvl 48. other than that little hangup i did pretty well. just gotta train nidoking more make sure he doesn't die in 2hits.

hobbit

yeah i'm at lance and delibird was my main guy for killing his dragonites except i didn't realize delibird sucks ass and misses 4 times out of 10. i saved rightbefore i got there since i didn't struggle much with the other guys and thought, "well if the other guys were this easy lance won't be too hard". i don't think i'll be able to win :(

rdl

Yeah Delibird is terrible. I just took my red gyarados and had him at level 40 for lance. he learns ice fang somewhere in the 30s, so that coupled with a nevermeltice did the trick, since gyarados has a massive attack stat. everything was a 2 hit ko, but had he not frozen some of the dragonites I probably would've lost.

hobbit

gah. lance destroys me team. i should've looked online and seen what exactly his pokemon were so that i's have a good strategy for him. i thing delibird is cool but seriously he's worthless as a fighter. i don't have any other ice types so i just went with him. i'm saving my red gyarados because i want to ev train him.

GAAAHHHHHH

i'll fight him 5 more times and if i can't win i'll just give up and find a better icetype.

Go Up