ULTIMATE POST YOUR FAVORITE GENRE'S COLLECTION/MAKE SUGGESTIONS/TAKE SUGGESTIONS

Started by ncba93ivyase, December 05, 2009, 01:24:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

HERE ARE THE RULES:
  • (attempt to) Post your entire collection of the genre you love most. Since most of us tend to like completely different genres and hate others, I thought we should share all of what we own to get people into liking what we hold most dear.

• Green dots are required playing material. It's pretty much impossible to not like these games, and they range from all around high quality to borderline flawless.

• Purple dots mean they're worth your time. Maybe there are no big problems with these games, but they do nothing exceptional; it's also possible they're good but with some problems that can be rather annoying. These will probably be the easiest to get into if you're new to the genre, although later on you may not like them as much.

• DO suggest games you think that person may like. It's completely possible I'm unaware of loads of great shmups.

• NO BASHING ANOTHER'S FAVORITE GENRE. It's fine to nitpick certain games and say "you should've picked this because it's better than that for these reasons," but not "LOL THEY'RE ALL THE SAME SHIT"; the only exception to this rule is if the poster only plays standard, realistic sports games since there honestly isn't much that can be different betwixt titles. So Jim V, don't come in here saying "LOL THEY'RE ALL THE SAME SHIT", because you'd be better off trying what's being suggested.

This rule applies to me as well.

• also you don't have to post images of your collection. a brief list of the bests is good enough

I'll start by posting SOME of my shmups (these aren't even my best ones). My pictures are admittedly poor quality, so if there's something you think you may be interested in, just ask me which you want to know about.

(one of those wasn't a shmup lol whoops)

(Even if you "hate" shmups, I highly suggest Bangai O. It's a really silly game that involves just going around and blowing shit up with thousands of missiles flying everywhere.)

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

i have galactic attack, i can also highly recommend it thumbup;

and sure, i'll sticky this.

ncba93ivyase

Claquesous' picks:
[spoiler]
Quote from: Claquesous on December 06, 2009, 01:58:26 AM

Here's my small amount of SRPGs. If you see, the bottom ones are FE Sacred Stones, Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars, FFTA2, Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume, and Knights in the Nightmare. Also not pictured (because I don't have them) are Yggdra Union, FE 1-7, Valkyria Chronicles, Front Mission (DS one), Final Fantasy Tactics and Advanced. Also maybe Etrian Odyssey II. It's not really the same thing, but I feel like I should mention it.
[/spoiler]

Tomboh
[spoiler]
Quote from: Tomboh on December 06, 2009, 03:21:03 AM
Okay my genre is RPGs. I dunno if they're my favorite, but I own more RPGs than any any genre.

PS3, PSP, DS, and GCN:

GB, GBC, and GBA (P.S - The blank game is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I tore off the title sticker because it randomly erased my save game file for the second time on me, so in my rage I did that for some reason):

NOT PICTURED: Pokemon Silver, Crystal, and Blue versions. Because I lost them.  saddood;
EDITED IN: FFTA because it was in my DS and I forgot about it until after I cleared all the games away.

Virtual Console (lol):

[/spoiler]
Cookie's
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 09:35:48 AM
Here, this genre is called some of Cookie's favorite games genre.

Thats FFIV by the way.

[/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Cookie

Is Nanostray pretty fun? I've been looking at buying it for awhile. I've heard mixed things about it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 07:16:28 AM
Is Nanostray pretty fun? I've been looking at buying it for awhile. I've heard mixed things about it.
Nanostray 1 is pretty good, but the weird perspective of the camera makes combat a little awkward. If you find it cheap then it's worth it, but don't waste your time hunting it down.

Nanostray 2 is more of a Life Force and R-Type mashup, and I greatly prefer it.

I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but if you want a great handheld shmup, get Gradius Galaxies for the GBA.

ncba93ivyase

also i just noticed i put a purple dot on un squadron

why did i do that

But I guess I'm the only person that doesn't like it so oh well.

Cookie

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 05, 2009, 07:21:03 AM
Nanostray 1 is pretty good, but the weird perspective of the camera makes combat a little awkward. If you find it cheap then it's worth it, but don't waste your time hunting it down.

Nanostray 2 is more of a Life Force and R-Type mashup, and I greatly prefer it.

I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but if you want a great handheld shmup, get Gradius Galaxies for the GBA.

Well I saw Nanostray at Gamestop the other for $5 so I'll prolly pick it up this upcomming week.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 07:31:41 AM
Well I saw Nanostray at Gamestop the other for $5 so I'll prolly pick it up this upcomming week.

yeah i'd say $10 is a good price, so there's no reason not to get it at $5

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 07:31:41 AM

was it nanostray 2 akudood;

Cookie

Geno

so basically this is a thread where lawlz can't be a dick about our opinions?
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Thyme

Daddy

Quote from: GENOP on December 05, 2009, 08:31:33 AM
You can thank me for that.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GENOP on December 05, 2009, 08:31:33 AM
it's where we can each peacefully share our preferred taste in hopes of opening others' minds

so if you want to post assloads of first person shooters and tell us why we should get ___, then that's what this thread is for
Quote from: JMV on December 05, 2009, 08:33:00 AM
You can thank me for that.
You had nothing to do with this.

Daddy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 05, 2009, 08:34:13 AMYou had nothing to do with this.
"NO BASHING ANOTHER'S FAVORITE GENRE. It's fine to nitpick certain games and say "you should've picked this because it's better than that for these reasons," but not "LOL THEY'RE ALL THE SAME SHIT"; the only exception to this rule is if the poster only plays standard, realistic sports games since there honestly isn't much that can be different betwixt titles. So Jim V, don't come in here saying "LOL THEY'RE ALL THE SAME SHIT", because you'd be better off trying what's being suggested."

That rule seems to be directly referencing what I said. AND OH GOD IT'S MY NAME

Go Up