October 01, 2024, 03:21:46 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post opinions of yours that severely go against popular opinion

Started by Selkie, June 01, 2008, 02:07:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 02, 2008, 04:20:47 PM
It's funny that you mention "Helter Skelter" because oh gosh, I agree with you it's a terrible song BUT it's not nearly as bad when Siouxsie and the Banshees do it (in my opinion). I didn't even think much on that, so I have to imagine it's more than just the Beatles lyrically that puts me off. The way they perform their songs too just doesn't appeal to me.
I don't know, I like the Banshees' version a little better because I hate Paul McCartney's singing on the original. But yeah, their performances leave a lot to be desired. It's probably because they were basically a bland early 60s rock n' roll band that discovered acid.

sans culottes

Ok, here's something that goes severely against yah all's opinions: HELTER SKELTER FUCKING RULES.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on June 02, 2008, 04:33:05 PM
Ok, here's something that goes severely against yah all's opinions: HELTER SKELTER FUCKING RULES.
Helter Skelter makes me wish Paul was shot instead of John. Here's the kicker: he wrote it because he wanted to make a louder song than I Can See For Miles by The Who.

sans culottes

Quote from: houdini on June 02, 2008, 04:39:00 PM
Helter Skelter makes me wish Paul was shot instead of John. Here's the kicker: he wrote it because he wanted to make a louder song than I Can See For Miles by The Who.

I still think Helter Skelter is a good song.

Bands like, Zeppelin, can get praised for songs louder than that, but when the Beatles make a loud song, SIN.
I support BUSH

Tomboh

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on June 04, 2008, 12:24:24 PM
I still think Helter Skelter is a good song.

Bands like, Zeppelin, can get praised for songs louder than that, but when the Beatles make a loud song, SIN.
Maybe it's because the Beatles aren't very good at making loud songs. They can still rock, like on Taxman, but noisy, bawlsy rawk-n-rawl just ain't their thing.

sans culottes

Quote from: houdini on June 04, 2008, 12:49:38 PM
Maybe it's because the Beatles aren't very good at making loud songs. They can still rock, like on Taxman, but noisy, bawlsy rawk-n-rawl just ain't their thing.

I don't really see how they can't do Helter Skelter. It's not their usual style, yeah, but they did a good attempt at a loud song. I GOT BLISTAS ON MY FINGAS!
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on June 04, 2008, 03:06:10 PM
I don't really see how they can't do Helter Skelter. It's not their usual style, yeah, but they did a good attempt at a loud song. I GOT BLISTAS ON MY FINGAS!
It's really cool for the first few seconds with George Harrison playing that shit-hot lick and McCartney singing, but then the rest of the band comes in and it's like they're playing a completely different song that happens to be in the same key and of the same tempo.

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Hardcore

Rap sucks and Anime is just a damn cartoon. edumacate;

eat that preteen punks who don't know shit.

Daddy

Quote from: Hardcore on June 04, 2008, 09:33:06 PM
Rap sucks
lol, rock on \m/

QuoteAnime is just a damn cartoon. edumacate;
what, no.
eat that preteen punks who don't know shit.
they should be more rebellious and rock out

Skylark

I've got another one.

I can't stand the Sex Pistols.
(but I love punk)
the book of right on

Andrew1911

Quote from: JMV on June 04, 2008, 09:44:11 PM
they should be more rebellious and rock out

srsly man fux anime

watch sum good shit like the boondock sants man

thats classy shit right there

sans culottes

Quote from: skylark-e on June 04, 2008, 11:24:07 PM
I've got another one.

I can't stand the Sex Pistols.
(but I love punk)

o rly?

Just curious, what punk bands are the ones you love?
I support BUSH

Skylark

Crass, Discharge, Leftover Crack, Disarm, Reagan Youth
would be the bigger ones.
the book of right on

Go Up