Post opinions of yours that severely go against popular opinion

Started by Selkie, June 01, 2008, 02:07:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

A Momentary Lapse of Reason is my favorite pink Floyd album. Screw The Wall and DSotM.

Goldfrapp's Black Cherry is in my top 10 favorite albums of all time.

Escape From New York was a phenomenal movie.

Skylark

The Beatles are way overrated in my opinion so so so overrated.
the book of right on

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 01, 2008, 02:10:03 PM
The Beatles are way overrated in my opinion so so so overrated.
A BLOOO BLA BLOOOO BLOOOOOO I HATE EVERYTHING THAT'S POPULAR

sans culottes

Tejas, Mother's Milk, In Through The Out Door, Rush's debut, and Screaming Life/Fopp are all very good albums.

Wheels of Fire is Cream's best album, and the Black Album is better than Master of Puppets.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on June 01, 2008, 06:54:50 PM
Wheels of Fire is Cream's best album
I wouldn't say that severely goes against popular opinion. Disraeli Gears is usually favored, but still.

sans culottes

Quote from: houdini on June 01, 2008, 07:04:58 PM
I wouldn't say that severely goes against popular opinion. Disraeli Gears is usually favored, but still.

I misread and didn't see 'severely'. Some of those choices do go severely, some not.

But yeah, Disraeli Gears isn't close to the amazingness of Wheels of Fire.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie224 on June 01, 2008, 02:07:59 PM
A Momentary Lapse of Reason is my favorite pink Floyd album. Screw The Wall and DSotM.

whoa man holy shit

i mean i can understand having an opinion and all but you're just weird to me from now on

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 01, 2008, 02:22:44 PM
A BLOOO BLA BLOOOO BLOOOOOO I HATE EVERYTHING THAT'S POPULAR

No, that's not it at all. I just hear a lot of "omg the beatles are the best band ever"

and I disagree with that. I don't hate everything that's popular, in some cases there is a reason for it being popular and I am able to respect and like that. Grow up?
the book of right on

YPrrrr

June 02, 2008, 07:09:48 AM #9 Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:13:33 AM by Your Posting Rival
Please don't ban me Reaper, but I don't really like Rush. Well actually, it's just their singer I don't really like. For example, I enjoy YYZ because they are no words.

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 01, 2008, 11:45:02 PM
No, that's not it at all. I just hear a lot of "omg the beatles are the best band ever"

and I disagree with that. I don't hate everything that's popular, in some cases there is a reason for it being popular and I am able to respect and like that. Grow up?
But are you even judging the Beatles by the quality of their music?

Houdini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on June 02, 2008, 07:09:48 AM
Please don't ban me Reaper, but I don't really like Rush. Well actually, it's just their singer I don't really like. For example, I enjoy YYZ because they are no words.
I think I'm going to have to ban you  baddood;

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 02, 2008, 03:35:23 PM
But are you even judging the Beatles by the quality of their music?

Yes, I am. What else would I have to judge them by, they are a band. How about you don't judge me, alright? Or if you insist on doing so can you actually have some basis behind it?

I think that they are an okay band, not the best band ever as seems to be a popular belief. I think this because to me their music does not seem to be anything special... at all and especially lyrically. It does absolutely nothing for me.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 02, 2008, 03:57:31 PM
Yes, I am. What else would I have to judge them by, they are a band. How about you don't judge me, alright? Or if you insist on doing so can you actually have some basis behind it?

I think that they are an okay band, not the best band ever as seems to be a popular belief. I think this because to me their music does not seem to be anything special... at all and especially lyrically. It does absolutely nothing for me.
I know what you mean. Personally, I'm on the fence. They perform well as a band and they're probably good songwriters, but some of their songs are are just plain stupid (Helter Skelter, ugh) and their lyrics are fairly poor. Some days I like them, some days I don't.

Skylark

It's funny that you mention "Helter Skelter" because oh gosh, I agree with you it's a terrible song BUT it's not nearly as bad when Siouxsie and the Banshees do it (in my opinion). I didn't even think much on that, so I have to imagine it's more than just the Beatles lyrically that puts me off. The way they perform their songs too just doesn't appeal to me.
the book of right on

Go Up