Post opinions of yours that severely go against popular opinion

Started by Selkie, June 01, 2008, 02:07:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on June 05, 2008, 07:08:36 PM
Nevermind the Bollocks doesn't have any song that's terrible, they're all rather good. Some of them could use improvement. Still gotta enjoy sweet tunes like Pretty Vacant and God Save The Queen.
There are some ok tunes, but it still pales in comparison to The Clash's first album.

sans culottes

Quote from: houdini on June 05, 2008, 07:37:52 PM
There are some ok tunes, but it still pales in comparison to The Clash's first album.

The Clash is probably the greatest of punk bands. They made masterpieces of albums.

However, I'm not as into the Clash as I wish I was. I seem to listen to other punk bands more often.
I support BUSH

Skylark

The Clash is a good band.

I think Crass is the best punk band ever though! Or Discharge (D-Beat C'mon)
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 05, 2008, 11:18:44 PM
I think Crass is the best punk band ever though! Or Discharge (D-Beat C'mon)
I've heard of both but listened to neither. What are they like?

sans culottes

I don't think I've heard a Discharge song before. I've heard quite a bit of Crass, though. Pretty good shit.
I support BUSH

Skylark

Crass is an amazing band. They pretty much brought D.I.Y ethic (from what I know) to punk. If you don't know what D.I.Y is (and that's alright) it means Do It Yourself and it's about trying to live independently and on your own (this has actually evolved into a pretty badass thing, check out Plan-It-X). Crass made everything themselves. Their music, their CDs.

Now, what they sound like they're just an Anarchist punk band (but in a different way than the Sex Pistols tune). They promoted a type of anarchy called anarcho-pacifism. Which would be Anarchy and Pacifism. Their songs are about ideas like Anti-racism, anti-war and so on.

Discharge I know less about but they're still an awesome band. I mentioned D-beat earlier. D-beat is basically a style of hardcore punk that was brought about by their drum beat. They're "harder" (I don't know a better way to put it) than Crass is in their music style. Both are really good.

the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 06, 2008, 10:49:24 AM
Crass is an amazing band. They pretty much brought D.I.Y ethic (from what I know) to punk. If you don't know what D.I.Y is (and that's alright) it means Do It Yourself and it's about trying to live independently and on your own (this has actually evolved into a pretty badass thing, check out Plan-It-X). Crass made everything themselves. Their music, their CDs.

Now, what they sound like they're just an Anarchist punk band (but in a different way than the Sex Pistols tune). They promoted a type of anarchy called anarcho-pacifism. Which would be Anarchy and Pacifism. Their songs are about ideas like Anti-racism, anti-war and so on.

Discharge I know less about but they're still an awesome band. I mentioned D-beat earlier. D-beat is basically a style of hardcore punk that was brought about by their drum beat. They're "harder" (I don't know a better way to put it) than Crass is in their music style. Both are really good.

Thanks. I'll check them out soon.

Skylark

Awesome. It will be easier to find Discharge

No live footage of Crass has ever been taken, or I'm pretty positive none.
the book of right on

Lovefoxxx

I think Radiohead are crap, and it's funny because it's true.

sans culottes

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 05:48:06 AM

wrong wrong wrong

They're not as godly as people say they are, but they're still guud.
I support BUSH

YPrrrr

Lovefoxxx

Houdini

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 05:48:06 AM
:(

On a related note, I'm listening to Radiohead right now.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on June 02, 2008, 07:09:48 AM
Please don't ban me Reaper, but I don't really like Rush. Well actually, it's just their singer I don't really like. For example, I enjoy YYZ because they are no words.
Everyone thinks that Rush is like my 2nd favorite band. They're pretty low actually on the list of bands I like.

Go Up