Post opinions of yours that severely go against popular opinion

Started by Selkie, June 01, 2008, 02:07:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Garahe

Rap is made entirely out of fail and mudkips.

World of Warcraft is fun.

The Draenei are awesome.
HOLY COW I'M TOTALLY GOING SO FAST-AW FUCK

The artist formally known

I think that Black Metal and Punk have a lot in common.

Just that Black Metal is way way way better and is a lot more talented.

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on June 07, 2008, 10:43:52 AM

I don't see how punk bears any resemblance to black metal... The Clash for example, sound nothing like those black metal bands from Norway

Houdini

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: Thief888 on June 07, 2008, 10:40:31 AM
:(

On a related note, I'm listening to Radiohead right now.

!!1!DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!1!!!

Quote from: reefer on June 07, 2008, 10:43:52 AM

meh, i felt like posting a pikchar

Houdini

Skylark

Lol at From First to Last.

And I don't think Black Metal is nearly as good as punk, but that's only an opinion and I don't care enough  to back it up.
the book of right on

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 02:12:02 PM
That's probably just some metalcore band.

yah just some shitty band, but he said black metal and punk and that picture came to mind.
anyway i love how the second one form the right has a burzum shirt on, like him and his stupid naive whiny little bitch friends could even begin to comprehend Burzum, let alone appreciate it.

and btw Black Metal > Punk. fact. though  black metal has gotten kinda shitty and stale lately =/

Houdini

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 02:25:48 PM
yah just some shitty band, but he said black metal and punk and that picture came to mind.
anyway i love how the second one form the right has a burzum shirt on, like him and his stupid naive whiny little bitch friends could even begin to comprehend Burzum, let alone appreciate it.

and btw Black Metal > Punk. fact. though  black metal has gotten kinda shitty and stale lately =/

To be fair, so has punk. Take, for example, The Casualties, my least favorite punk band:

Skylark

Eh, I like new folk/punk

and Leftover Crack is good as always.
the book of right on

sans culottes

Although I think Powerslave is Iron Maiden's best album, I think that the Di'anno era was awesomer than Dickenson.
I support BUSH

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 02:25:48 PM

burzum is a terrible band

okay. listen to some early rise against (my friend's favorite band, i don't enjoy them as much as he does). then listen to some taake. they both have raw vocals, raw recording, and they're not into the whole professional sounding stuff.

for different reasons though

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: reefer on June 08, 2008, 12:13:40 AM
burzum is a terrible band

have you really listened to burzum? Burzum is awesome because he proves "trve black metal" doesnt have to be all shrieking and 280 bpm blastbeats, he actually does a lot of melodic and folk inspired stuff (which is the very essence of original black metal)

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 02:32:23 PM
To be fair, so has punk. Take, for example, The Casualties, my least favorite punk band:

I just want to punch that picture.

But tbh I'm at a tie between dislike of the Casualties and of Against Me! (their first CD was AMAZING). When Against Me! Left Plan-It-X and became sell out bitches they kind of lost all respect.

the book of right on

Go Up