June 16, 2024, 01:56:02 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Started by Hiro, October 20, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i guarantee it won't be more than $300, or i'll drink a whole bottle of wine

the 3ds will be obsolete once the switch launches

and parents will only need to buy one switch as the multiplayer is clearly the marketing shtick

[spoiler]at least parents will think that and then nintendo will have tricked them into buying another one once their kids whine about it[/spoiler]

squirrelfriend

or alternatively, children will just play nintendo's free to play mobile games

C.Mongler

mario tap em all or whatever was said to have an entry price

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 21, 2016, 05:48:11 PM
the 3ds will be obsolete once the switch launches

yes, and the switch is a poor substitute for the 3ds (or a true 3ds successor) as it isn't really portable

which leaves nintendo fans who value portability with the options of either buying a satchel and acquiescing to the switch, or just gaming on their phones

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 21, 2016, 05:52:02 PM
or alternatively, children will just play nintendo's free to play mobile games

and the very last thing nintendo should be doing is driving its former hardware owners to the iphone

nintendo retained a healthy niche for itself in the handheld console space and now with the switch they're seriously jeopardizing that

C.Mongler

i will carry the switch literally the exact same way i carry my 3ds xl (which is equally un portable???), in the front pocket of my backpack (do not steal)

squirrelfriend

um as this teaser illustrates, Nintendo is targeting young urban professionals who have lots of pockets quite literally with their cargo pants etc.

Kalahari Inkantation

but the 3ds xl is pocketable, barely

it isn't significantly larger (lengthxwidth) than the plus models of the iphone (though it is certainly thicker)

poketability matters for portability, you don't want to have a bag be a requirement for making full use of a supposedly "portable" device, otherwise it's a bad portable

squirrelfriend

you can put an iPhone 6s Plus in your pocket

Kalahari Inkantation

that's my point

and the non-xl 3ds is even more pocketable

there is no way anyone is cramming the """portable""" switch into a pocket though

squirrelfriend

solution: take off the sides and put into pocket

Kalahari Inkantation

and now parts of it are sharing pocket space with my keys

that's sure to end well

and the screen alone is too large to be pocketable even without the controllers lol

squirrelfriend

It'll go in yuppie vests or w/e

C.Mongler

if you're wearing pockets that can fit a fucking xl without looking like someone with a weird uncomfortable box dick, you probably aren't going out of the house much anyways ;)

C.Mongler

pro tip: you will never get laid in cargo shorts

Go Up