May 23, 2024, 07:45:17 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Started by Hiro, October 20, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on October 20, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
>tfw nintendo implies they'll have any game that will be a crow drawing esport

>tfw the closest they'll get are smelly college boys playing melee (sry gingadave)

lol i feel the exact same way
funny too because they didnt even want melee to be an esport (and actively opposed it for a while)
Quote from: ADX on October 20, 2016, 09:37:30 PM
wow they just announced melee heich dee are you serious right now nintendo

hype

are you fucking with me

edit: fuck u rdx

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 20, 2016, 07:48:24 PM
does it have touch screen or touchpad functionality though
dunno, been a big question if that and motion/accelerometer controls are in this thing too. one would imagine yes since it's 2016, but at the same time i feel like nintendo is trying to cut costs on this thing as much as they reasonably can to appeal to moms and children alike, so it mighta got cut since i feel like you would have seen someone touch the screen at least once in the demo video. we'll seeeee!

Quote from: bluaki on October 20, 2016, 09:55:09 PM
My biggest personal concern with Switch is storage space, since I like digital games now.

I actually hadn't considered this, that's a good point. Hopefully they'll allow storage on at least 128 GB solid state media, buuuut who knows. Given the specs thus far I don't think games are going to exceed the 10-15 GB range at the extreme end, but i'm just speculating.

QuoteI still can't tell which version of Zelda BotW will be better for exclusively TV use.

I wouldn't be shocked if a Wii U has the slight edge on this thing in terms of fidelity. But too soon to tell for sure.

C.Mongler

RUMOUR MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

summary:
-multitouch screen is very likely, but more intended for menus, drawing, and a mario maker port, than anything else since every game needs to be playable without touch once it's in the dock
-at least a few seconds of transition time between docking and undocking the Switch
-dock most likely does increase processing power (though I've heard otherwise from another source???), though whether it's simply allowing for OC the existing hardware via more power/cooling or actually adds additional processing power (akin to the PSVR thingy) is not clear
-battery life rumored to be THREE MOTHA FUCKIN HOURS so don't stay too long at your neighbor's hip rooftop party. if this is true i hope to god there's at least an external charging cable that doesn't require you to dock the switch, ninty can't be that dumb right

C.Mongler

also i hoped u liked that trailer because that's all we're getting this year lol

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248

rdl

there will be third party battery packs. battery life doesnt even matter

squirrelfriend

um it does actually because it would not be able to compete in the home console market without the portability gimmick

C.Mongler

yeah three hours is pretty disappointing but not unexpected imo; i think if you played civ 5 on a mid range laptop non-stop you'd probably be about out of juice after 4 hours or so. GPUs be hungry

squirrelfriend

rip long standing nintendo gimmicks like decent battery life, dual screens
good riddance 3D. forced bulky gamepad

squirrelfriend

I hope they sell that car mount depicted in the trailer :(

Daddy

Quote from: ADX on October 21, 2016, 09:33:43 AM
there will be third party battery packs. battery life doesnt even matter
#batterylivesmatter

squirrelfriend

From reading boyah over the past 24 hours, it is my perception that boyagers think a lot of things don't matter lol

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

so nintendo seriously believes that attractive, well-adjusted young adults are going to pay $400 to play video games ~in public~ on their giant, unwieldy tablets

boy are they in for an unpleasant surprise

i don't even really see people using general purpose tablets in public anymore, their oversized phones are more than adequate for day-to-day tasks

squirrelfriend

Pokemon Go was the stress test to see if neets would go outside

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean you would actually need to carry a satchel with you at all times to make this thing even remotely portable

the switch is exactly what i feared a """hybrid""" console would be, a jack of all trades, master of none

it's simply too big to portable in any practical sense, too underpowered to be competitive as a home console, and it's virtually guaranteed to be overpriced for what it offers as a result of having to be two devices in one

Go Up