June 24, 2024, 10:36:26 PM

1,531,272 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Started by Hiro, October 20, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 21, 2016, 04:22:31 PM
regardless tec would only be happy if nintendo put out a 3 minute trailer that said "we're sorry" to announce them leaving the gaming business forever.

actually i am extremely disappointed that nintendo seems to be moving in the direction of doing just that

the switch is a not-so-tacit admission that nintendo is non-competitive in the home console space and has given up on trying, instead conceding that market entirely to sony and microsoft

contrary to your misunderstanding of me, i actually do like nintendo

i want them to be successful

i want them to give me reasons to continue to support them

i want them to not make ridiculous decisions that hasten their demise and result in them becoming yet another shovelware app store developer in a sea of thousands

squirrelfriend

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 21, 2016, 04:34:28 PM
the switch is $400? source?  doodthing;

i could see nintendo getting it down to maybe $300 minimum, and at that price anyone serious about gaming at home is just going to fork over the extra $100 for the ps4 pro

squirrelfriend

If Nintendo uses old hardware like tec postulates, why wouldn't it be lower? The dock is just a charging and video output dock

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 21, 2016, 04:55:57 PM
If Nintendo uses old hardware like tec postulates, why wouldn't it be lower? The dock is just a charging and video output dock

i said earlier that according to rumours it might be using the x2, which, while enormously insufficient for home console gaming, certainly isn't "old hardware"

if it actually does use something older than that then it'll be even weaker than we already expect it to be

squirrelfriend

October 21, 2016, 05:17:07 PM #81 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:20:16 PM by squirrelfriend
it also doesn't have an optical drive so that cuts down the cost
But then there's the weak yen
And then again, no TPP agreement in sight

Kalahari Inkantation

but if the dock really does have a supplementary processor then that will substantially increase the cost

Kalahari Inkantation

also, how exactly does this appeal to families with two or three similarly-aged children who would naturally all want their own handheld console

$600 for three 3ds units satisfies all of them

the switch does not offer a cost-effective or sensible solution to that problem

squirrelfriend

did we see any children in that teaser guys

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 21, 2016, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: Tectron on October 21, 2016, 05:27:58 PM
but if the dock really does have a supplementary processor then that will substantially increase the cost
http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/21/13356760/nintendo-switch-dock-functionality-tv-output-power

so we're expected to believe that the tegra alone is adequate for aaa multiplats, huh

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 21, 2016, 05:34:53 PM
did we see any children in that teaser guys

did we see anyone who actually looks like they play video games recreationally (let alone in public) in that teaser, guys

i seriously doubt that the lack of children in a single promo vid means that nintendo is going to completely shift away from marketing to children after all these years of marketing almost exclusively to children

squirrelfriend

check out the last minute where splatoon is depicted as an esport

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 21, 2016, 04:13:06 PM
digital distribution, tec

If that's the solution, I suuuure hope the Switch has an internal storage capacity of 128GB minimum. goowan

(spoiler: it won't)

And I sure hope Nintendo's finally succeeded in designing a modern, fully featured network. goowan

Go Up