March 18, 2024, 11:55:40 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 08, 2018, 08:27:30 AMLooking deeper at the stage selection compared to previous games:

Some old missing stages are effectively replaced by similar newer ones:
Flat Zone 1 (Melee) and 2 (Brawl) are replaced by Flat Zone X
Mute City (Melee) is kinda replaced by Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl). Another stage with the same name comes from 3DS.
Sector Z (64) is replaced by Corneria
PictoChat (Brawl) is kinda replaced by PictoChat 2 (3DS)

All the other missing stages: (unless I missed any of these in the stage select)
Icicle Mountain (Melee, Ice Climber, the autoscroller stage)
Jungle Hijinxs (Wii U, DK, the 2-layer stage)
Miiverse (Wii U, removed for obvious reasons)
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee, Mario)
Orbital Gate Assault (Wii U, Star Fox)
Pac-Maze (3DS)
Planet Zebes (64, Metroid)
Poke Floats (Melee, Pokemon)
Pyrosphere (Wii U, Metroid)
Rainbow Road (3DS, Mario)
Rumble Falls (Brawl, DK, the autoscroller stage)
Woolly World (Wii U, Yoshi)
an at this point just add them all, but there's definitely some duplicate stages like you listed above. I'd add orbital gate assault to that, as it's basically corneria backwards with dynamic changes.
Also isn't Mushroom Kingdom in? And pyrosphere getting cut makes sense as Ridley can't be part of it anymore.
Out of those I just really want pokefloats back.

bluaki

Quote from: Hiro on August 08, 2018, 09:42:44 AMAlso isn't Mushroom Kingdom in?
There's one stage called Mushroom Kingdom from SSB64 that is in Ultimate, but a different one that appeared in Melee is not. Melee also had a Mushroom Kingdom II stage which did make the cut to Ultimate.

C.Mongler

Quote from: reefer on August 08, 2018, 09:21:15 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 08, 2018, 07:26:29 AMKING K ROOL

bABBYYYY
characters are the best

i agree

the fact that rathalos isn't a character is p shameful

Nyerp

simon belmont and king k. rool are pretty cool but the assist trophy announcements ruined everything

fuck assist trophies

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 08, 2018, 09:47:53 AM
There's one stage called Mushroom Kingdom from SSB64 that is in Ultimate, but a different one that appeared in Melee is not. Melee also had a Mushroom Kingdom II stage which did make the cut to Ultimate.
you're talking about Mushroomy Kingdom in brawl, right? The autoscrolling brownish recreation of the original SMB level? It's on the levels listing on the smash website.

Quote from: Nyerp on August 08, 2018, 09:55:06 AMsimon belmont and king k. rool are pretty cool but the assist trophy announcements ruined everything

fuck assist trophies
Turn them off lmao

bluaki

Quote from: Hiro on August 08, 2018, 10:19:48 AMyou're talking about Mushroomy Kingdom in brawl, right? The autoscrolling brownish recreation of the original SMB level? It's on the levels listing on the smash website.
No, this stage from Melee:

Hiro

Oh oh ohh I dont why I kept thinking brawl instead of melee

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on August 08, 2018, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: Hiro on August 08, 2018, 10:19:48 AMyou're talking about Mushroomy Kingdom in brawl, right? The autoscrolling brownish recreation of the original SMB level? It's on the levels listing on the smash website.

that stage was in 64 as well. is it not in ultimate?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on August 08, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
Quote from: bluaki on August 08, 2018, 10:31:09 AM

that stage was in 64 as well. is it not in ultimate?
The stage in 64 was similar but different; it had 2d piranha plants that would come up the pipes

C.Mongler

Samus Aran

yeah we didn't see luigi get saved or anything so i think he's just dead. canon that luigi is now a soulless zombie

btw im amazed that we got not just simon, but richter as well

Samus Aran

Hiro

Even Luigi's ghost died Jesus christ

Mando Pandango

I've never liked big characters either. I always like fast characters who do lots of chip damage
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

August 08, 2018, 12:21:17 PM #104 Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:25:12 PM by Nyerp
Quote from: Hiro on August 08, 2018, 10:19:48 AM
Quote from: bluaki on August 08, 2018, 09:47:53 AM
you're talking about Mushroomy Kingdom in brawl, right? The autoscrolling brownish recreation of the original SMB level? It's on the levels listing on the smash website.

Quote from: Nyerp on August 08, 2018, 09:55:06 AMsimon belmont and king k. rool are pretty cool but the assist trophy announcements ruined everything

fuck assist trophies
Turn them off lmao
i can turn them off but i can't turn on bomberman, zero, shovel knight, ashley, alucard, etc. being actual playable characters

instead we get literal fucking clones and everyone celebrates it for some reason?????

Go Up