March 18, 2024, 08:39:59 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do you follow any esports/competitive games

Started by Samus Aran, December 14, 2020, 09:11:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on August 19, 2021, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on August 19, 2021, 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on August 18, 2021, 02:33:59 PMmegaman x speedruns
used to be into more speedruns but fell off.

ive watched a bit of calebhart's runs but thats about it for mmx personally
i watch some obscure streamers. the community is actually close knit, and there are people who watch the same streamers. so sometimes I'll be in the most obscure channel doing runs, and find them in another obscure channel running the same game. p kool

yeah dude, basically every speedrun community is like that. its one of the cooler aspects of the hobby imo.

strongbad

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on August 19, 2021, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: strongbad on August 19, 2021, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on August 18, 2021, 02:33:59 PMmelee
smash ult
hearthstone (lol what a mess rn)
tetris a bit

megaman x speedruns
used to be into more speedruns but fell off.

What's comp Tetris like? That's something that I'd like to get more into
btw when i said tetris i meant og tetris, not smth like t99.
there's actually a league for it, as well as divisions. you're unironically doing a stand off w/ someone in your division every other week on stream for documentation. babby divisions start lower levels, meta divisions start at lv 18. each player starts out with the same pieces, so it's dependent on the player's organization skills. people usually do the left or right, never middle. ft3. i think it's hilarious how they call it a "dirty tetris" when someone does one while cleaning up their zone mid-way lol. there's some depth to it, like das vs hypertapping, playing on emu vs actual nes. have to do pull of tetris more or else the lines you complete that aren't a tetris contribute to you going up in level with less pts total when it comes toward endgame, dont want to be chasing after tetrises when you're nearing 19+. though much more experienced players dont mind it at all, and can do consistent tetrises until like 23+ when it becomes too fast.

neat that sounds interesting. what i would be really interested in is ranked 1v1 tetris (similar to t99) which I might get to try when tetris effect comes to switch. i know there are already sites where you can do that but it'd be nice to have it on console

ikanaide

Quote from: strongbad on August 20, 2021, 07:53:16 AMneat that sounds interesting. what i would be really interested in is ranked 1v1 tetris (similar to t99) which I might get to try when tetris effect comes to switch. i know there are already sites where you can do that but it'd be nice to have it on console
the go to for ranked 1v1 console tetris rn is tetris effect and puyopuyo tetris, the latter is more OG/traditional whereas effect is a bit more gimmicky and not as played by the tetris community at such a large scale. outside of consoles, tetr.io is a very good site for ranked 1v1 and it's been growing a lot.

you also expressed the same interest in comp tetris in this same thread last year tho lol, feel free hmu if you decide to actually get into it i can show you different techniques & stuff

strongbad

Quote from: ikanaide on August 26, 2021, 07:12:16 AM
Quote from: strongbad on August 20, 2021, 07:53:16 AMneat that sounds interesting. what i would be really interested in is ranked 1v1 tetris (similar to t99) which I might get to try when tetris effect comes to switch. i know there are already sites where you can do that but it'd be nice to have it on console
the go to for ranked 1v1 console tetris rn is tetris effect and puyopuyo tetris, the latter is more OG/traditional whereas effect is a bit more gimmicky and not as played by the tetris community at such a large scale. outside of consoles, tetr.io is a very good site for ranked 1v1 and it's been growing a lot.

you also expressed the same interest in comp tetris in this same thread last year tho lol, feel free hmu if you decide to actually get into it i can show you different techniques & stuff
lol i feel like i've been expressing interest in competitive tetris for like 10 years

i think i am above average but who knows with 1v1. consistent at tspins, rotating both directions, building flat, random sequences but i am sure i have a lot more to learn

puyo puyo tetris.. i've never really understood is it puyopuyo or is it tetris lol

Mando Pandango

it's BOTH

You can choose to play either one, and you can play puyo vs. tetris. junk blocks get sent to your opponents accordingly. it's GREAT
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ikanaide

people complain about the damage system between puyo and tetris all the time lol and there is also the frowned upon center 4 wide combo (similar to wobbling in melee) that the damage system in ppt basically facilitates and the online is also ass cuz there are no servers, but despite all of that it's a very well loved game by both the puyo and tetris communities. ngl tho i know basically nothing about puyo and the communities are pretty separate for the most part from what i've seen, most people just main one.

from what you're saying it sounds like you're above the casual level, but if you get more into tetris you will realise that average level is kinda all over the place, i still consider myself average or maybe a bit below. i guess it's like any other competitive game where once you start getting better you realise that are so many very good players and the top players are leagues even above those and then you start to reconsider what average means.. there is probably a similar thing with melee too

for real tho if you got any specific questions you can dm me on discord or something, same goes for anyone else interested in tetris

Samus Aran

ikanaide

idk if anyone saw the rlcs fall major that happened like a week ago, first international lan event in like 2 years. it was pretty sick. i genuinely think rocket league is one of the best mainstream esports ever. not gonna say any more about it tho if nobody else saw it

Go Up