September 25, 2024, 07:33:01 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Go is now live

Started by squirrelfriend, July 06, 2016, 07:04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

my shitty phone won't let me past the terms of service screen :(

C.Mongler

Quote from: Snowy on July 13, 2016, 10:13:57 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 13, 2016, 09:34:25 AM
Quote from: Snowy on July 13, 2016, 08:25:25 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 01:53:08 PM
like half my games (mostly my emulators) wont work on ios9. and i hate change, u know this. new emojis scare me. also when i was on a 5s, upgrading to 8 from 7 made my phone a slow unusuable mess, so i'm afraid of that happening again tbh.

and no i use lte despite its shittiness and unreliability because my phone basically doesn't function on 4g around here, i'm lucky if it will send a text let alone connect to da damn nets
ios 9 was made for the iphone 6 lol.

did you miss the part where i said ios 9 wasn't made for half the games i have on my phone lol
no, I was answering half of your problem.

well how about u answer half this knuckle sandwich!! argh;

squirrelfriend

cmongler so like do you have verizon or tmobile btw
apparently some people are guessing ipv6 doesn't work well with pokemon go which would make sense since it also didn't work on your ipv6 wifi

C.Mongler

i have at&t

i think i may have figured out the problem??? i think it's just the power saver thing is borked, and when it 'soft locks' it just doesn't realize fully that i would like to once again play pogemon since everything happens (pokemon pop up, pokestops twirl, yadda yadda), just nothing happens when i tap things on my screen.

either that or Downtown DC is just shit for playing this game. i didnt really have any problems playing it last night in old town alexandria (outside of the usual post-pokemon catch softlock), but i also didn't put my phone in the downward position pretty much the whole time since it was nothing but pokemoners outside and i didnt feel like a total dweeb walking around very obviously playing pokemon like i do here in DC

squirrelfriend

i want the $39.99 button so i can do pokemon go discretely

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 13, 2016, 12:12:00 PM

if i play this more than like the next week i might get it for that reason tbh lol

can u hit up pokestops and shit with it too or just catch da mons, does anyone know

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 13, 2016, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 13, 2016, 12:12:00 PM

if i play this more than like the next week i might get it for that reason tbh lol

can u hit up pokestops and shit with it too or just catch da mons, does anyone know
it lets you auto-catch pokemon you've already caught before
it doesn't let you hit up pokespots though pffffft
but to normies you can just look like you are playing candy crush anyhow since all you need to do is swipe

YPrrrr

We had a Planners meeting today and somehow Pokemon Go came up. One of the middle aged ladies showed it off on her phone because her kids play it. Another middle aged woman saw an "Ah-brah" (Abra) and caught it.

They were all very excited. Thankfully they talked to the other young male planner about it and not me so I don't have to be in charge of explaining how it works

squirrelfriend

if you are a planner, make yourself useful and survey the area for any pokespots or gyms 300 feet from a school
we need to keep our children safe

C.Mongler

make sure your local paper writes an article about any pokestops that happen to be graves or other hallowed historical monuments as well

YPrrrr

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 13, 2016, 12:25:34 PM
if you are a planner, make yourself useful and survey the area for any pokespots or gyms 300 feet from a school
we need to keep our children safe

The closest gym near to me is at a Veteran's retirement home girl;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPargh on July 13, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on July 12, 2016, 11:33:37 PM
Today I hatched a Scyther and caught a wild Gengar
Damn if I were 8 again I would worship you as if you were a god with those two
you can do that anyway

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 13, 2016, 06:24:19 AM
it finally worked last night,  wandered around old town alexandria and caught a dratini and a bunch of other shit. there were like 50 people in the park playing pokemon at 10:30 at night last night, it was weird.
there are a surprising amount of dratini around here.

Also, I there's this reflecting pool near Berklee's campus that has like a dozen pokestops around it, and there are constantly people there, dropping lures everywhere, and just dozens of people in the area catching stuff. It's great.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

don't let's

That feeling when you see an active lure module and you wonder if somebody is getting murdered

Go Up