June 27, 2024, 10:51:04 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Go is now live

Started by squirrelfriend, July 06, 2016, 07:04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 01:41:07 PM
yeah i have an iphone 6 vanilla lol, not sure if that's the problem BUT i just realized being on iOS 8 still might be fuckin it up, but i reallllly dont want to upgrade to 9 cuz i have a lot of kool games that will never be ported lol

but yeah constantly crashes, softlocks, hardlocks, won't find a gps signal, incorrectly locates me (can't use my office's pokestop despite being in my office lol), pokemon sometimes dont ever show up even when i've walked for a while, and most annoyingly, it loves to log me out after about every hour or so, which is a huge pain in the ass with google 2-step verification
>8
why aren't you on ios9
do you have lte disabled because lte is a terrible standard for stable connections

C.Mongler

like half my games (mostly my emulators) wont work on ios9. and i hate change, u know this. new emojis scare me. also when i was on a 5s, upgrading to 8 from 7 made my phone a slow unusuable mess, so i'm afraid of that happening again tbh.

and no i use lte despite its shittiness and unreliability because my phone basically doesn't function on 4g around here, i'm lucky if it will send a text let alone connect to da damn nets

squirrelfriend

Do you get at least 3G? It only requires that much data

C.Mongler

i mean yea but its even slower than slow poke 4g

also half these problems are occurring when connected to my offices 5 ghz wifi connection too lol

squirrelfriend

are you In airplane mode when that happens? Do you have VoLTE off?

C.Mongler

no and yes

does pogemon really require this much troubleshooting, cuz i was fine with snapchat filters, i just wanted to be cool man :(

squirrelfriend

Well the iphone uses assisted gps which requires your data connection to be stable
If you can't have a stable connection, it ends up not working because it is confused about where you are so it sends a lot of data the client doesn't know what to do with
I guarantee if you disable lte, it will load

squirrelfriend

Iphones have the shittiest lte antennas in both form and function

C.Mongler

nice, well im about to bike home for an hour but if i go into town tonight i might try it fam I'LL REPORT BACK

Ezloﺕ

:)

squirrelfriend

#boycottallminnesotanbusinesses

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 10:03:54 AM
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on July 11, 2016, 09:35:33 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/4sa0w6/pokemon_go_geospatial_intelligence_gathering/

lols

i mean anyone with half a brain in their noodle shouldn't be surprised by this whatsoever

nothing is free

even boyah
friendly reminder that jmv sells boyah posts to the government

squirrelfriend

boycott target
Boycott best buy

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 11:49:54 AM
well i went for a walk in dc with this shit for the first time and the game soft locked even after multiple restarts

like my dude will walk around and pokemen will pop up but my touch screen didnt respond to being poked whatsoever so i accomplished nothing lol
I haven't been playing it that much but that's happened a couple times to me, but in my case restarting it fixed it for me.

don't let's

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 11, 2016, 02:12:11 PM
Iphones have the shittiest lte antennas in both form and function
I was gonna say because I don't have that much trouble on android on mobile speeds throttled down to 2g

Go Up