The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 22, 2016, 09:44:49 AM
lol ps+ price increase

we'll see how this affects the discount ebay 1 year cards, but i might drop off ps+ because of it. in almost a year ive gotten 0 games from the freebies that i want to play and i dont play my ps4 online so i dont really give a fuk lol

sony on ps4 neo: 'we want the pc audience!!!!!!!!'

great thinking kaz, exorbitant prices for a """service""" that's entirely free on pc is sure to attract those pc gamers
it's only a matter of time before steam has subscription-based online play mark my words

Kalahari Inkantation

You're not wrong. I'm terribly wary of what else Valve might be considering monetizing after the paid mods fiasco. smithicide;

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: David on August 28, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:34:10 PM
also i actually really like the look of the slim, minus the enormous gap between the two usb ports (jesus, how stingy are they that they refuse to simply add two more)

i think i might even prefer it to the original design, although i've always felt pretty indifferent about the original's look
the original is pretty meh yeah, but i think the console needs some contrast, it being entirely matte just makes it look even more like a set-top box from your cable company lol

the all-matte design didn't even stand out to me as novel because my current ps4 is already all matte lol

but you're right, the mixed design of the release model did add some personality to an otherwise pretty plain looking box

Quote from: David on August 28, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
all it does is kill the battery life of the controller*

ugh, that too awdood;
i completely forgot the 'revised' edition of the launch ps4 was turned completely matte gonk;
Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:59:34 PM
You're not wrong. I'm terribly wary of what else Valve might be considering monetizing after the paid mods fiasco. smithicide;
tomatoes;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2016, 12:02:57 AM
Did they maybe delay Neo and decide to for now release this thing to compete with Xbox One S?

speaking of which, i find it funny that even with this revised ps4 model, the xbox one s is still the definitive console for video content as one of the only (reasonably affordable) 4k blu-ray players on the market

sony of all companies should have beaten microsoft to the punch on that, especially since they're still desperately peddling their overpriced tv sets

ME##

sony can overprice its tvs all it wants because they're still the best-looking

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:37:35 PM
Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
Sony listened to people's complaints that the DualShock 4's light bar consumes too much power in the best possible way

https://twitter.com/ZRZtweet/status/767806120782077953

[spoiler]they added a second light bar

or maybe it's the same light just exposed in two spots[/spoiler]

never once have i seen the light bar used meaningfully in any game

i can't imagine what their rationale for adding a second must be

all it does is distract and detract from the experience when gaming in the dark awdood;
it still only has one lightbar lol
There's a transparent piece of plastic on the trackpad

Kalahari Inkantation

the actual number of leds may not have increased, but it does now have two transparent light bars lol

Kalahari Inkantation

unfortnately for sony, vr is already dead

psvr will be the ps4's ps move

ME##

squirrelfriend

like idk how they expect to have the current ps4 to handle it without causing considerable nausea from frame tearing

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on August 29, 2016, 10:01:19 AM
like idk how they expect to have the current ps4 to handle it without causing considerable nausea from frame tearing
that's why the neo is a thing

squirrelfriend

because in order to fully enjoy my $400 reality distortion goggles, I have to spend another $400 on a new ps4

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on August 29, 2016, 10:27:12 AM
because in order to fully enjoy my $400 reality distortion goggles, I have to spend another $400 on a new ps4
that's the gist of it.

squirrelfriend

I forgot about the camera and the move controller too
might as well spend it now before trump makes Sony raise prices and makes any notion of reality unfeasible

Go Up