Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

squirrelfriend

I just think desktops take up too much room lol
And a recipe for eye strain tbh

TooB

My only stance on pc vs console, is that I just wanna know my hardware can play the games that release on it. That and of course, the game selections.  It's why I go console, and until recently I never had to worry about spending extra money to upgrade my hardware.

So now, or at least, in the near future, it wouldn't be a bad idea to build a gaming pc.

BUT, i still want my consoles for my crappy japanese games. :)

Thyme

Quote from: Loto on June 19, 2016, 05:53:02 PM
My only stance on pc vs console, is that I just wanna know my hardware can play the games that release on it.

same
bethesda notwithstanding

TooB

Quote from: Djyme on June 19, 2016, 05:54:51 PM
My only stance on pc vs console, is that I just wanna know my hardware can play the games that release on it.

same
bethesda notwithstanding
lol srsly

though tbh, that's about the only thing xbox is good for. They at least run bethesda ok. (basically a pc)

don't let's

So how do y'all think the new version of Skyrim is gonna do on playstation?

TooB

Quote from: ­Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...­ on June 19, 2016, 06:11:46 PM
So how do y'all think the new version of Skyrim is gonna do on playstation?
ideally, the more powerful hardware would handle it just fine.
buuuut....

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on June 19, 2016, 05:25:00 PM
if standardisation is what you desire, why even play anything other than nintendo games?  i mean just look at the uneven performance of games across similar gpu lines and processor families

well yeah but that's to be expected and wholly within reason on pc as it's always been an open platform

lack of standardization isn't exactly an insurmountable problem, but it is an extra inconvenience, and for consoles to lose that critical advantage tips the balance in the favor of pc just enough to make pc gaming seriously worthy of consideration for anyone who was on the fence

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Djyme on June 19, 2016, 05:54:51 PM

bethesda notwithstanding

and even on the rare occasion your hardware can't satisfactorily play a game designed for it, it's entirely the responsibility of the developer or console manufacturer to fix it

on pc, often the gamer alone is responsible for troubleshooting

that will be still true even when the ps4k and xbox 1.5 launch, but with every xbox 1.5 or ps4k that gets sold, developers will have reduced incentive to ensure a game runs satisfactorily on the originals

eg., hyrule warriors on 3ds vs. '''new''' 3ds, except with every single game

squirrelfriend

remember when the n64 had that expansion pak
did no one else bother to develop specifically for it tbh

don't let's

Thyme

C.Mongler

it'll be nice-ish looking but have issues out the ass once you add mods to it

Quote from: Djyme on June 19, 2016, 08:01:43 PM
see: fallout 4

basically. i've been watching my roomate play modded fallout 4, and while it wasn't not janky before, it CONSTANTLY drops to 10-20 FPS while he plays, usually turning corners or encountering enemies in the city areas. it's waaay worse than it was before. somehow my roommate just shrugs it off as part of the experience but every time i'm like god damn i'd be getting rid of most of my mods. though to be fair he's bloated his game with a bunch of dumbass shit, like power ranger armor and lightsabers lol

Go Up