June 17, 2024, 07:27:33 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

that theme is cool, but it still has the same problem I have with modern zelda since TP....

the music is too subtle. I miss the recognizable and hummable tunes. TP had at least a few of them though.

C.Mongler

man i feel like im never gonna beat this shit. i'm about to conquer the final beast in my game, which i assume clears me to tackle the castle, but then i want to get all the memories as I hear they really characterize zoldo herself, and then i wanna get some more korok seeds and farm materials and rupees so i can get some ancient gears and upgrade shit

and ive played 40 hours already wew lads

rdl

casual. ive put in 25 hours and am just about to fight the lynel for the shock arrows akudood;

Thyme

C.Mongler

speaking of stuff bugging me, i couldnt take more than 3 minutes due to rhymes, someone tl;dr

TooB

I just did a really cool shrine.

Daka Tuss

Nyerp

tbh this game feels like nothing but tedium to me now

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 21, 2017, 05:28:15 PM
that's like.... every open world game.

But it's ok, cuz this one is zelda! So it's acceptable

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 21, 2017, 05:04:20 PM
speaking of stuff bugging me, i couldnt take more than 3 minutes due to rhymes, someone tl;dr

tl;dr: not enough variety in sidequests and it's grindy overall. other minor issues too. he still thinks it's a great game, he's just got some gripes.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 21, 2017, 05:28:15 PM

i'm still enjoying the hell out of it

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on March 21, 2017, 02:46:24 PM
casual. ive put in 25 hours and am just about to fight the lynel for the shock arrows akudood;

tbh by the time i felt like doing the zora part i already had 90 shock arrows so i didn't bother fighting that lynel as part of the quest

i did go kill him later anyway tho

Samus Aran

I've been playing for 73 hours.

~65 shrines
~125 Koroks

I have 20 heart containers, and have also picked up 3 stamina vessels. I've finished three divine beasts. I've found all four great fairies, but only just now finally raised the 10,000 rupees you need for the fourth one. My map's all filled in of course. Idk how many sidequests I've finished, a lot I guess lol.

rdl

what's the deal with the giant red lasers ruining the ambience? how can you see anything at night with all four lit up? I'm tempted to restart my file and not finish the divine beast i just finished, it's making me majorly sperg out. not like you get anything anyway.

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on March 21, 2017, 09:20:05 PM
what's the deal with the giant red lasers ruining the ambience? how can you see anything at night with all four lit up? I'm tempted to restart my file and not finish the divine beast i just finished, it's making me majorly sperg out. not like you get anything anyway.

you find the most bizarre things to complain about

C.Mongler

Quote from: ADX on March 21, 2017, 09:20:05 PM

neon orange/blue towers that can be seen from infinite distance are fine but a red laser pointer is your breaking point? lol

anyway for an actual complaint
[spoiler=gerudo boss spoilerino]did anyone else find the second phase of thunderblight ganon to be complete unfun bullshit? i've tried it like 3 times now and its been 3 times of getting hit by his electric sword/shield, falling, dropping my weapon, standing up, and then getting hit again and dying before i can change weapons/ready my weapon/ pick up an old one. and the timing for backflips is wildly different than the first phase and it fucking punishes you for fucking it up since he does an extra extended hit.

i also don't like how this fight shoehorns you into using dodge/parry as your only means of beating the boss. at least with the other ones you could shoot arrows or make up some other tactic; as far as i can tell dodging and then counter attacking is literally the only way to do damage which is annoying because i have to learn the bosses animations to do that[/spoiler]

Go Up