June 17, 2024, 06:05:50 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

I've forgotten that I had bombs so many times.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on March 13, 2017, 01:03:12 PM
I've forgotten that I had bombs so many times.

tbh i use them constantly because it's a good way to do damage to enemies without also doing damage to your own equipment

C.Mongler

yeah bombs are god tier for low level mobs like orange mokoblins n shit

no use using my precious COOL SWORD on them boize

Nyerp

[spoiler]wasted like an hour on eventide island trying to do the challenge until i got one-shotted by that godawful miniboss. fucking bullshit. the 2 variations of miniboss i've run into so far are legitimately poorly designed. the stone talus is beaten just by running behind it and climbing up over and over and the hinox/stalnox is an awful damage sponge that kills you instantly if you even think about close combat (though that's probably since i still only have 5 hearts but it's still no fun to kite it around the map shooting at its stupid eyeball repeatedly).[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

How does weapon breakage in this game compare with Dark Cloud? More, less of a hassle?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 13, 2017, 01:50:27 PM
[spoiler]wasted like an hour on eventide island trying to do the challenge until i got one-shotted by that godawful miniboss. fucking bullshit. the 2 variations of miniboss i've run into so far are legitimately poorly designed. the stone talus is beaten just by running behind it and climbing up over and over and the hinox/stalnox is an awful damage sponge that kills you instantly if you even think about close combat (though that's probably since i still only have 5 hearts but it's still no fun to kite it around the map shooting at its stupid eyeball repeatedly).[/spoiler]

i've only fought stone talus and yeah it wasn't good lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPargh on March 13, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
How does weapon breakage in this game compare with Dark Cloud? More, less of a hassle?

i dunno about dark cloud, but weapon breaks are pretty frequently. you'll break a weapon every fight you get in typically. however later in the game you're usually carrying like 20 swords and pretty much every enemy you kill will drop a weapon in return, so i haven't found it to really be that cumbersome yet. when you're doing the main storyline drops are usually appropriate attack levels from enemies. the only slog is that fighting low level mobs is kind of pointless, especially when you're early in the game and just trying to explore and learn how shit works. the thing is you have basically super powers (infinite bombs for example) from the start of the game that allow you to kill these mobs without even pulling out a sword, so you can drop a bomb and collect their shitty clubs or whatever.

my biggest gripe is weapons dont auto-cycle, so when one breaks you have to immediately open up the quick inventory menu and equip another or link will stand there with his hand out like a dumbass like DUUURRRR I CANT AtTACK WITH NOTHIN BOSS. it's a minor like 2 second waste of time but its kind of annoying when you're getting attacked by like 5 dudes, a weapon breaks and you dont really notice it, and then you get gangbanged before you realize you've been standing around like a dolt with no sword in your hand for 5 seconds

like i said, i personally don't mind it that much, but i can see why some people loathe it. the game forces you to find weapons disposable, and folks who like to collect all the swords as trophies of their accomplishment and who wish they could just hold on to the MEGA ULTRA FLAME BUSTER they found all game will hate that aspect. but i also don't know how the game would opperate without disposable weapons, because if they flat out removed it as it is now you could easily cheese the game by having a late game enemy drop a 50+ damage sword and then breeze past half the enemies in the game with it. it'd be crazy easy.

i think if they were to fix it, i'd make weapons a little less destructable, maybe with some formula that makes stronger weapons less breakable the higher your upgrade levels are, and then add a like "hero's sword" weapon that does like a measily 5-10 damage (similar to a lot of basic early game stuff you find) that never breaks, so you can fight shitbird mobs with it without having to waste the good shit. but it's nintendo so i dunno if theyd bother tbh lol

YPrrrr

That kinda sounds like a nightmare to me because I'm going to find some cool weapon I really like but then never use it because I don't want to break it bleh.

It's like good easter candy I never eat because I want to save the good stuff for later (aka never) >.<

Can't fix weapons I suppose?

rdl

you can fix a damaged weapon by dropping it in front of certain octoroks. also you can hang them up [spoiler]in your crib[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

It's also worth noting there isn't a single unique weapon in the game aside from the Master Sword, at least as far as I know...so if you did find a really good weapon, and it broke, you could always just go get it again where you found it. Weapons respawn during blood moons just like enemies and materials do. This doesn't include ones you find in chests I guess, but I doubt there's any weapon in the game that can only be found in chests.

Conveniently, if you register a weapon in your compendium, said compendium will tell you the usual area you can find that weapon in. Or you could just beat the system and mark the weapon's spawn point on your map yourself, if it's something that's lying around as opposed to being held by an enemy.

Samus Aran

also i got a neato special white horse

YPrrrr

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 13, 2017, 07:56:51 PM
It's also worth noting there isn't a single unique weapon in the game aside from the Master Sword, at least as far as I know...so if you did find a really good weapon, and it broke, you could always just go get it again where you found it. Weapons respawn during blood moons just like enemies and materials do. This doesn't include ones you find in chests I guess, but I doubt there's any weapon in the game that can only be found in chests.

Conveniently, if you register a weapon in your compendium, said compendium will tell you the usual area you can find that weapon in. Or you could just beat the system and mark the weapon's spawn point on your map yourself, if it's something that's lying around as opposed to being held by an enemy.
Oh nice, that makes me a lot less stressed girl;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 13, 2017, 07:56:51 PM

oh yeah all this too i suppose; i actually didnt know about the compendium thing as i haven't been paying attention to it at all tbh lol, maybe i should snap some pics

rdl

HoLY FUck

[spoiler]Went to Mount Lanayru, takin' pics of the wildlife and see a huge man standing in the pathway. Take a pic, it's a Lynel. Oh, I've heard about these things. Well I'll just hop on Epona and leave ok he's coming my way I can probably, wait what I'm frozen? Oh no he's killing my horse! Run Epona! So Epona runs into a wall, I scramble up the top of the gate and sit on the other side thinking of how I can get Epona out and run away, and he arcs the shot over the gate and kills me.[/spoiler]

Fucking metal as fuck. I don't think I'm going to get the Stasis upgrade, this is way more fun.

Samus Aran

Go Up