July 02, 2024, 08:43:10 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on March 31, 2013, 02:21:23 AM
On a vaguely related note, when they were playing a couple japanese PS3 games today (project diva and gundam), some people in my anime club got confused over the X/O button swap sillydood;
That confused me a lot the first time I played a JP game on my PS3 >_<'

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on March 31, 2013, 02:21:23 AM
On a vaguely related note, when they were playing a couple japanese PS3 games today (project diva and gundam), some people in my anime club got confused over the X/O button swap sillydood;
What bad weeaboos

Speaking of Japnese things, my PSP keeps its Japanese Circle/X swap for most games.  befuddlement

bluaki

Quote from: Dovydas on March 31, 2013, 10:45:52 AM
What bad weeaboos

Speaking of Japnese things, my PSP keeps its Japanese Circle/X swap for most games.  befuddlement
Only some of them.

There are others, like the one who owns that project diva game and has high scores on expert in almost every song.

When playing that game I also was confused over part of the controls: somebody described that game's star icon (which appears alongside X/O/square/triangle) to me as "Press on the joystick. It doesn't matter which one." and I assumed they meant L3/R3 but instead it needs to be pressed/slid forward (or probably any direction away from the center) rather than clicked down.

Quote from: Snowy on March 31, 2013, 10:41:03 AM
That confused me a lot the first time I played a JP game on my PS3 >_<'
You have JP games? Why and which?

Kalahari Inkantation

don't let's

Oh, look at that, xbox in the lead first two times around. Flopping real good.

Thyme

geforce titan is real pricey though srs

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on March 31, 2013, 11:50:03 AM
Oh, look at that, xbox in the lead first two times around.

i like how they have the ps3 exactly equal to the 360 (((as it should be))) tomatoes;

but what's surprising to me is that the jump this time around is so small, and in general the trend seems to be that it's just getting smaller and more expensive :(

what i fail to understand is why >.<

Kalahari Inkantation

March 31, 2013, 12:00:02 PM #247 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:03:51 PM by HumuHumu...Tec
i mean i know we're supposedly close to pressing upon the physical limits of moore's law, but that should still be somewhat far off and doesn't quite explain why we're paying so much more for so much less :'(

the original xbox launched at $300 and look at how it compared to the geforce 3

and now the titan is $1000, and the next set of consoles will be 1/3 as powerful as it is and yet still be around $500

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 31, 2013, 11:47:05 AM

i mean it's nice to compare the absolute top-of-the-line gpus to consoles, it'd probably be more accurate to compare the most common card[s] to the consoles. 

[spoiler]and according to asus' youtbloob channel, most of its consumers don't opt for sli/crossfires confirguations as well sillydood; [/spoiler]
Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 31, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
i like how they have the ps3 exactly equal to the 360 (((as it should be))) tomatoes;

but what's surprising to me is that the jump this time around is so small, and in general the trend seems to be that it's just getting smaller and more expensive :(

what i fail to understand is why >.<
law of diminishing returns
Quote from: bluaki on March 31, 2013, 11:39:18 AM
somebody described that game's star icon (which appears alongside X/O/square/triangle) to me as "Press on the joystick. It doesn't matter which one." and I assumed they meant L3/R3 but instead it needs to be pressed/slid forward (or probably any direction away from the center) rather than clicked down.
i... what, that sounds awful lol ugly;

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on March 31, 2013, 12:10:02 PM
i mean it's nice to compare the absolute top-of-the-line gpus to consoles, it'd probably be more accurate to compare the most common card[s] to the consoles. 

agreed

Kalahari Inkantation

March 31, 2013, 12:20:29 PM #252 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:23:31 PM by HumuHumu...Tec
i bet it'd show a similar result, with the pc gpus closing in on the consoles over time

well, unless the prices of 'average' gpus have been going up as well, in which case the consoles might still be outpacing them

[spoiler]

#noideawhati'mtalkingabout[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 31, 2013, 12:20:29 PM
i bet it'd show a similar result, with the pc gpus closing in on the consoles over time
of course it would.  it's just that 99% of pc gaymers aren't experiencing the absolute ~best~  n_u

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snack Dad on March 30, 2013, 05:28:18 PM
well the only times nintendo has had a button layout where a would be on the left from what i can recall is the snes and DS, and in both cases neither button stands out to me although i do remember being confused on rare occasions as a kid on where A was vs B.

nah, A is on the right on the snes

x
y       a
     b

and "a" was for confirming so yeah

just like always

Go Up