September 24, 2024, 02:32:25 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Madotsuki on March 31, 2013, 02:24:51 PM
nah, A is on the right on the snes

x
y       a
     b

and "a" was for confirming so yeah

just like always
i meant right sorry i was tired lol

Hiro

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 31, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
but what's surprising to me is that the jump this time around is so small
only in terms of exponential improvement like the graph is using, really you're going from like 3 to 300 (or 6 to 450 maybe) from the xbox to 360
from 360/ps3 to ps4 you go from 300 (or 450 idk) up to roughly 2,000 i think.
the graph is confusing i don't even get how they can have exponential growth represented linearly like that, plus the space between them is 90, 900, 9000, but proportioned exponentially
[spoiler]i'm still tired so if i don't make any sense lol[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Snack Dad on March 31, 2013, 03:02:57 PM

the graph is confusing i don't even get how they can have exponential growth represented linearly like that, plus the space between them is 90, 900, 9000, but proportioned exponentially

that's a logarithmic scale being used in the graph
I love [you]

bluaki

directly comparing the price of desktop video cards and consoles isn't quite fair since consoles have a ton of other hardware which in particular increased a lot with 7th gen's semi-PCificiation (HDDs are the main new part that comes to mind)

is Titan even intended for gamers? I'd imagine that the most powerful video cards would be for computational-intensive research

If a more average PC is compared to current consoles, a comparison which I imagine matters more for developers, PC will always stagnate. The average PC is especially bad because, unfortunately for PC manufacturers, they haven't managed to convince consumers that they absolutely need to buy a new machine every few years ever since Windows Aero.

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/04/sony_thought_long_and_hard_over_ps4s_lack_of_backward_compatibility

i can (reluctantly) accept that the ps4 won't be compatible with ps3 games

but what's their excuse for it being incompatible with ps1 and ps2 software, really awdood;

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on April 07, 2013, 03:30:09 PM
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/04/sony_thought_long_and_hard_over_ps4s_lack_of_backward_compatibility

i can (reluctantly) accept that the ps4 won't be compatible with ps3 games

but what's their excuse for it being incompatible with ps1 and ps2 software, really awdood;
to promote its gaikai services lol

modern internet is at least decent enough for ps1 games to be streamed

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

Quote from: Dovydas on April 07, 2013, 03:39:35 PM
to promote its gaikai services lol

modern internet is at least decent enough for ps1 games to be streamed

Tell that to Thyme.  :(

Thyme

Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 07, 2013, 03:43:26 PM
Tell that to Thyme.  :(

well it's more manageable now that i live alone, at least enough to use netflix, but yeah...

ME##

but why would he want to stream ps1 games when he's grown up to ps gaymen and has a ps3 still? goowan

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on April 07, 2013, 03:48:02 PM
but why would he want to stream ps1 games when he's grown up to ps gaymen and has a ps3 still? goowan

i think it was just an example goowan

Classic

Or even myself.

I only get less than 1 mbs here.

ME##

>ps

oh god, i can't even say the dreaded term now

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on April 07, 2013, 03:52:28 PM
>ps

oh god, i can't even say the dreaded term now

lol for some reason i read that as "he grew up with ps gayman", which i did, so it didn't seem weird to me

Go Up