June 03, 2024, 09:10:25 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

YPrrrr

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 29, 2013, 09:34:22 AM
If you're still around I just got home
shit shit shit i'm around now

i'll leave my ds on until 3, and if not i'm setting an alarm to try again at 5
What the fuck was it for anyway?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 29, 2013, 11:35:46 AM
shit shit shit i'm around now

i'll leave my ds on until 3, and if not i'm setting an alarm to try again at 5
Okay im on

Patrick Stickles

sry i was watching sons haha i just saw the request and am requesting back
What the fuck was it for anyway?

YPrrrr

thank you thank you thank you thank you

Samus Aran

my charizard is now named char aznable

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hippopo

Quote from: bluaki on October 29, 2013, 07:52:46 AM
I could have, but I didn't.

I completed the National Dex in Black Version (with even every pre-evolution in my PC), but didn't bother to trade over so many Pokémon to White 2. I thought something like Pokémon Bank (or Pokémon Box, Oak's Storage Machine, etc) would be made for Gen5 games so I waited for that, but it never happened.
How did you manage getting the promotional legendaries?

Were they legitimate?

Samus Aran

i don't think the promotional legendaries have ever counted toward dex completion

bluaki

Quote from: Hippopo on October 29, 2013, 01:21:33 PM
How did you manage getting the promotional legendaries?

Were they legitimate?
Like Kaz said, event legendaries don't count, but by now I think I have all of them scattered around my games from the various events I've had access to.

Wi-Fi events alone covered:
Mew: 2010
Jirachi: 2010
Deoxys: 2013
Manaphy: 2010 (Japan only)
Darkrai: 2012
Arceus: 2012 (Global Link)
Genesect: 2012
Keldeo: 2013

Gamestop:
Deoxys: 2008, 2011
Celebi: 2011
Keldeo: 2012
Meloetta: 2013

Misc:
Jirachi: Pokémon Colosseum Pre-Order Bonus Disc

I might have missed some of these Wi-Fi events, but I've probably gotten enough to have one legit copy of every event legendary, albeit not currently all on the same game.

I also did connect to a couple custom GTS servers and got not-quite-legit copies of some events I missed, but the more recent events fill those gaps of legendaries I didn't legitimately have.

bluaki

Also, I had access to Japanese Wi-Fi events because I played Japanese versions of Diamond, SoulSilver, and Black. My Gen5 live Pokédex is even currently stored on a Japanese copy of the game, but I'll probably have to trade the ones I want to transfer to Gen6 to an English game because of 3DS region lock.

Excluding unreleased-at-the-time events and the White version-exclusive legendaries, I actually completed my Gen5 Pokédex before the English games even released sillydood;

Samus Aran

when was meloetta this year?

i have a feeling they'll do mew again soon for xy, what with kanto pokes being so important to these games apparently, and mewtwo being present

it's a shame i seriously missed every single wi-fi one because i've always had router security incompatible with the ds lite lol

though this won't be a problem anymore, thankfully

bluaki

Oh, I just checked my games and found one legendary I only have thanks to GTS hack: Shaymin. The one I have is from a Toys R Us event, but I don't have access to those.

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 29, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

i have a feeling they'll do mew again soon for xy, what with kanto pokes being so important to these games apparently, and mewtwo being present

it's a shame i seriously missed every single wi-fi one because i've always had router security incompatible with the ds lite lol

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_English_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_V#Spring_2013_Meloetta

March 4-24

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 29, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

why would you need wpa where you live? Just wondering, no offense.
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on October 29, 2013, 03:35:11 PM
why would you need wpa where you live? Just wondering, no offense.

i have no idea. but that seems to be what all the isps give you on their routers around here

Go Up