April 27, 2024, 08:08:46 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

oh man i can't wait for you to get to anor londo

Thyme

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 16, 2018, 12:36:49 PMoh man i can't wait for you to get to anor londo

That Section Where Thyme Summoned An Online Player Like A Little Bitch

Samus Aran

reeper

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 16, 2018, 12:36:49 PMoh man i can't wait for you to get to anor londo

so can i get help getting to him... lol

ClassicTyler

I still haven't ventured on further than the first shrine because I'm a scared little bitch.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reeper on October 24, 2018, 06:39:16 PM

anor londo is a place

C.Mongler

i kept getting rekt as expected and this shit aint even hard im just an idiot  doodhuh; frig

C.Mongler

also this make sense since this shit doesnt pause even when you go to the switch's home menu

but my pro controller died mid combat last night and the game just keeps on going so of course i got fucking slaughtered lol come on man 

Nyerp

don't put any points into resistance, kiddos

Samus Aran

yeah, Resistance is generally not a good stat to focus on, especially early game. really only all that useful once your other defensive stats have softcapped

your main defensive stat you'll want to focus on is Vitality, especially when you're new to the game. more health is never a bad thing. likewise, at least a healthy amount of Endurance for more stamina and equip load, to allow for heavier armors (but stay below 50% load if you want to maintain good movement speeds)

other than that, your other stats are going to be based on your play style. do you want to use offensive magic that isn't pyromancy (while also making your pyromancy stronger)? invest in Intelligence. do you want to use "miracles," basically a mixed bag of offensive and defensive magics? invest in Faith. you'll also want to invest in Attunement to make either of these useful, as you'll need more spell slots.

on the other hand, if you want to focus on melee, Strength and/or Dexterity are going to be your focus. Dexterity is for fast weapons (like curved blades) and for bows. Strength is for big weapons. a mix of both is necessary for stuff like straight swords.

various pieces of equipment will have requirements in various stats to even use them to begin with. and on top of that, they have stat scaling. it goes from E to S. this is how much stronger the weapon gets depending on that stat. it'll amount to an added amount of right hand or left hand damage, indicated by a +(number).

there's your basic stat rundown, to those who are new to this

C.Mongler

Thanks daddy I will heed your words

ClassicTyler

Thank you! I'll forget all of that but come back and read it as I'm leveling up.

reeper

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 26, 2018, 01:48:47 PMyeah, Resistance is generally not a good stat to focus on, especially early game. really only all that useful once your other defensive stats have softcapped

your main defensive stat you'll want to focus on is Vitality, especially when you're new to the game. more health is never a bad thing. likewise, at least a healthy amount of Endurance for more stamina and equip load, to allow for heavier armors (but stay below 50% load if you want to maintain good movement speeds)

other than that, your other stats are going to be based on your play style. do you want to use offensive magic that isn't pyromancy (while also making your pyromancy stronger)? invest in Intelligence. do you want to use "miracles," basically a mixed bag of offensive and defensive magics? invest in Faith. you'll also want to invest in Attunement to make either of these useful, as you'll need more spell slots.

on the other hand, if you want to focus on melee, Strength and/or Dexterity are going to be your focus. Dexterity is for fast weapons (like curved blades) and for bows. Strength is for big weapons. a mix of both is necessary for stuff like straight swords.

various pieces of equipment will have requirements in various stats to even use them to begin with. and on top of that, they have stat scaling. it goes from E to S. this is how much stronger the weapon gets depending on that stat. it'll amount to an added amount of right hand or left hand damage, indicated by a +(number).

there's your basic stat rundown, to those who are new to this

thanks man i went ahead and put all my skills in vitality and endurance for the most part. thanks for the curved sword tip, i want to try and make my character speedy. also can my knight get pyromancer gloves and stuff?

reeper

I finally got the repair box from the blacksmith

So happy now I can use my better weapons more often. Just got a claymore too. This game is tight hopefully I can beat it lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 24, 2018, 08:48:30 PM
Quote from: reeper on October 24, 2018, 06:39:16 PM

anor londo is a place

well don't forget that anor & londo are actually the names of the area's bosses lol

Go Up