April 28, 2024, 02:51:46 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

imo Manus is also a super fun fight, and the Sanctuary Guardian is pretty good too

Artorias is my favorite fight in the DLC, followed by Manus, then Kalameet

Nyerp

beat manus 4th try. that one spell where all the black orbs fly inward in a circle kept killing me when i had him on the ropes lol. i learned to ALWAYS have above half health. he looked really fucking cool

time to actually beat the game omg cry;

Kalahari Inkantation

congrats and good luck wariodood;

[spoiler]also did you summon sif for the manus fight y/n[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

also did you have the pendant that blocks dark magic? not that it's particularly easy to use on any of manus's spells other than the dark rain one

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectron on September 15, 2015, 10:43:00 PM
congrats and good luck wariodood;

[spoiler]also did you summon sif for the manus fight y/n[/spoiler]

no. awdood; i wish i had known about that
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on September 15, 2015, 10:48:29 PM
also did you have the pendant that blocks dark magic? not that it's particularly easy to use on any of manus's spells other than the dark rain one

no. but i just looked up where it was. wtf i though that message was just trying to be creepy, not actually telling you what to do lol

Nyerp

beat the game!!

i summoned solaire for gwyn just for some closure to his storyline, but gwyn killed him and i killed gwyn right afterwards :(

what a fantastic game. this and demon's souls are like my favorite games now

Kalahari Inkantation

congrats nyerp, very happy to hear that you liked them as much as you do giggle;

which ending did you pick y/n

and between dark and demon's which would you say you prefer lol

Nyerp

i linked the fire because im not an Ass Whole

i think i slightly prefer dark souls, even if it is less polished, because its "story" and interconnected world drew me in more (which is weird because demon's souls had way better atmosphere), and just because it's longer sillydood;

also it has no world tendency ugly;

Kalahari Inkantation

i too prefer dark souls (by a sizeable margin) for a multitude of reasons (world tendency truly is terrible), though actually the one area where i would say demon's has a clear advantage over dark is in its more coherent, more compelling storytelling lol

atmosphere-wise i'm not sure which i prefer, but demon's does an amazing job at creating an inescapable sense of dread whereas dark feels slightly less oppressive

well, hope you're prepared to be disappointed both atmosphere and plot-wise when you eventually pick up dsii nyandood;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

i too prefer dark souls. especially for simple mechanical reasons. it just plays better.

me003

I got to gwyn and stopped playing because he rekt me.. I was just getting the timing down for a parry, but still getting rekt. Also at Artorias in the DLC and can't beat him either.  :(
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

C.Mongler

bumpin this shit for when i play this game for the first time on nintendo switch THIS friday in 2018 lol  goodjob;

TooB

Playing the game for the first time in general?

Or just for switch?

C.Mongler

i have played like an hour and some change of the pc version when it first came out and it was behaving very shittily and i put it down and never gave it another go

so in practical terms, yes, the very first time in general. i intend to complete it this time (though it might take me literally 2 years of frustration and patience like bloodborne did)

Go Up