May 12, 2024, 11:23:47 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 28, 2007, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 28, 2007, 05:20:50 PM
At first I was uncertain, but then I saw a lot of evidence that he does exist. catholic;
Supply this so called "evidence."

1) Some dude used Jerusalem wood to build a staircase in a church that should technically collaspe.

2) Some girl had emminent death, but after her family prayed to some guy in trial for sainthood, she was miraculously perfect the next day.

3) Exorcisms have been recorded, so the counterpart must exist as well.

4) Roses growing out of stomachs and appearence of nail-like holes  on wrists have come to beings high in the church.

5) Some religous house supposedly flew in one day towardsa certain holy location, but I'm not sure on this story.

6) And there's more I can't remember at the moment, too. psyduck;
So it's all about nameless people? If my house flew across the world, I'm sure everyone would know about it.

The Empire State Buildining really shouldn't last. It's around 1,000 feet, and has lasted many decades. Is this church taller than the Empire State Building? Unless the entire building was suspended on the corner of a moutain with no support and built from wood blessed with the piss of Jesus, I'm not amazed.

hai2u immune system

Giant sea monsters and dragons have been recorded since the dawn of time. There's loads more evidence of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot than "god."

You're saying decomposition isn't a normal process and self inflicted damage is nonexistant? HAY GUYS, I DREW FOUND AN ATOM SYMBOL ON MY FOREHEAD. THAT'S PROOF OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER.

I've seen cows get caught in tornadoes and fly for miles on TV. Hell, there have been downpours of frogs and fish in Australia.

My mind has no boundaries.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Corporal Atlas

April 29, 2007, 07:45:48 PM #61 Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:47:51 PM by Corporal Atlas
Quote from: Lawlz on April 29, 2007, 07:12:51 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 28, 2007, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 28, 2007, 05:20:50 PM
At first I was uncertain, but then I saw a lot of evidence that he does exist. catholic;
Supply this so called "evidence."

1) Some dude used Jerusalem wood to build a staircase in a church that should technically collaspe.

2) Some girl had emminent death, but after her family prayed to some guy in trial for sainthood, she was miraculously perfect the next day.

3) Exorcisms have been recorded, so the counterpart must exist as well.

4) Roses growing out of stomachs and appearence of nail-like holes  on wrists have come to beings high in the church.

5) Some religous house supposedly flew in one day towardsa certain holy location, but I'm not sure on this story.

6) And there's more I can't remember at the moment, too. psyduck;
So it's all about nameless people? If my house flew across the world, I'm sure everyone would know about it.

The Empire State Buildining really shouldn't last. It's around 1,000 feet, and has lasted many decades. Is this church taller than the Empire State Building? Unless the entire building was suspended on the corner of a moutain with no support and built from wood blessed with the piss of Jesus, I'm not amazed.

hai2u immune system

Giant sea monsters and dragons have been recorded since the dawn of time. There's loads more evidence of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot than "god."

You're saying decomposition isn't a normal process and self inflicted damage is nonexistant? HAY GUYS, I DREW FOUND AN ATOM SYMBOL ON MY FOREHEAD. THAT'S PROOF OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER.

I've seen cows get caught in tornadoes and fly for miles on TV. Hell, there have been downpours of frogs and fish in Australia.

My mind has no boundaries.

It wasn't the height. It was something about the position and angle that made it so that it should have fallen.

I don't think it was anything the immune system could have handled, as it was an accidental but major overdose on drugs.

But have there been videos of dragons and the lochness monster. Real live exorcisms have been filmed, and one was once aired on television.

I can see your point on the nail, but I don't think you can purposly grow roses out of yourself.

But the house wasn't damaged at all when it was found there.

I am the Atheist God.
*Is searching for way to be noticed*

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 07:45:48 PM
It wasn't the height. It was something about the position and angle that made it so that it should have fallen.

I don't think it was anything the immune system could have handled, as it was an accidental but major overdose on drugs.

But have there been videos of dragons and the lochness monster. Real live exorcisms have been filmed, and one was once aired on television.

I can see your point on the nail, but I don't think you can purposly grow roses out of yourself.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is no miracle.

Drugs can be passed out of the body through waste, you know. If you take aspirin, it exits your body through urine. An overdose on any drug takes longer to completely clear out, but it's possible.

Bigfoot and Nessie have been filmed and photographed. Do they exist? Nessie is doubtful, but our seas have barely been explored. If I screamed on camera and had some guy sprinkle water on me, would you shit your pants? Crazy people have always existed, and it's no miracle.

Seeds can gather in the appendix, and if death occurs, some plants can sprout. Appendicitis is sometimes a result of small fruit seeds (raspberries and apples if you eat the core) gathering in the lower intestines.

But the Wicked Witch of the East didn't survive. Quite a tragedy, it was.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Lawlz on April 29, 2007, 08:14:33 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 07:45:48 PM

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is no miracle.

Drugs can be passed out of the body through waste, you know. If you take aspirin, it exits your body through urine. An overdose on any drug takes longer to completely clear out, but it's possible.

Bigfoot and Nessie have been filmed and photographed. Do they exist? Nessie is doubtful, but our seas have barely been explored. If I screamed on camera and had some guy sprinkle water on me, would you shit your pants? Crazy people have always existed, and it's no miracle.

Seeds can gather in the appendix, and if death occurs, some plants can sprout. Appendicitis is sometimes a result of small fruit seeds (raspberries and apples if you eat the core) gathering in the lower intestines.

But the Wicked Witch of the East didn't survive. Quite a tragedy, it was.

But the stairs were.

I suppose, but can a day get out like 20 pills?

Then I geuss they can exist. It wasn't just screaming too, it had the person speaking an odd and ancient tongue and they were floating!!!....!

But she wasn't dead.

May she forever be in our hearts.

I am the Atheist God.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 08:34:26 PM

But the stairs were.

Then I geuss they can exist. It wasn't just screaming too, it had the person speaking an odd and ancient tongue and they were floating!!!....!

But she wasn't dead.

How so?

Depends on this type of drug, your current health, and the processes used to clean out your system.

OOBLE DEE GOOBLE NECROPHILIA

Show me flowers growing out the ass of a living person, and I will become an hero.

Necro

Quote from: Lawlz on April 29, 2007, 08:43:17 PM
Show me flowers growing out the ass of a living person, and I will become an hero.
This is what I desperatley hate about not having Photoshop. poppy;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Necro

Quote from: JMV290 on April 28, 2007, 06:00:34 PM
You do realize this is Serious Discussion, right?
Sorry, I fail to see the difference between that post, and alot of the other posts in this thread pertaining to god's existance with absolutley no evidence.

Except, I did it and caps with spelling mistakes. y;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Lawlz on April 29, 2007, 08:43:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 29, 2007, 08:34:26 PM

But the stairs were.

But she wasn't dead.

How so?

Depends on this type of drug, your current health, and the processes used to clean out your system.

OOBLE DEE GOOBLE NECROPHILIA

They were purposly built into a position so that it should collaspe when pressure is put on it. The only way it was explained was that it was a miracle, as the wood was from some JErusalem tree and the man was unknown.

I think the drugs weren't even something she should've taken in the first place. And I'm not sure that it even came out of her. It was just gone the next day. psyduck;

I don't think they have pics of it, but they might of in an article.

I am the Atheist God.

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 29, 2007, 08:55:25 PM
Sorry, I fail to see the difference between that post, and alot of the other posts in this thread pertaining to god's existance with absolutley no evidence.

You did realise I just posted evidence, right?

I am the Atheist God.

Necro

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 30, 2007, 04:51:10 AM

I saw, you're an exception. I wasn't referring to just you, and in fact, least of all you, since you gave evidence, even if alot of it sounds fake....

Corporal Atlas

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 30, 2007, 07:43:43 AM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 30, 2007, 04:51:10 AM

I saw, you're an exception. I wasn't referring to just you, and in fact, least of all you, since you gave evidence, even if alot of it sounds fake....

The only bit that might be fake is the priest thing due to Lawlz' persuassion, and the house.

It was only because you quoted me that I thought you were meaning me too.

I am the Atheist God.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 30, 2007, 04:50:35 AM
They were purposly built into a position so that it should collaspe when pressure is put on it. The only way it was explained was that it was a miracle, as the wood was from some JErusalem tree and the man was unknown.

I think the drugs weren't even something she should've taken in the first place. And I'm not sure that it even came out of her. It was just gone the next day. psyduck;

If I took a shit in Jerusalem and it burst into flames, would it be a miracle? Obviously it was built to be sturdy and the area the wood came from had no bearing on it. The guy probably just wanted to impress people and have them think it's a miracle. Gullibility: it exists.

People take medication they're not prescribed all the time. Sometimes it's dangerous, other times it's not. More than likely, the person will survive. Not a miracle, and it was most likely exaggerated to see how many people would be amazed. Same as above.

Not every unusual event is a miracle. If a scientist dies, some religious folk will say it was because he went against god, disregarding the fact everyone (should) die. If a Christian girl gets colon cancer and lives, it's a miracle. The atheist fellow in the next room that had brain cancer for 15 years and survived was nothing special.

It's all in the way a person tells the story.

Corporal Atlas

April 30, 2007, 02:47:46 PM #72 Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:18:15 PM by Corporal Atlas
Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2007, 02:03:15 PM
Quote from: Corporal Atlas on April 30, 2007, 04:50:35 AM

If I took a shit in Jerusalem and it burst into flames, would it be a miracle? Obviously it was built to be sturdy and the area the wood came from had no bearing on it. The guy probably just wanted to impress people and have them think it's a miracle. Gullibility: it exists.

People take medication they're not prescribed all the time. Sometimes it's dangerous, other times it's not. More than likely, the person will survive. Not a miracle, and it was most likely exaggerated to see how many people would be amazed. Same as above.

Not every unusual event is a miracle. If a scientist dies, some religious folk will say it was because he went against god, disregarding the fact everyone (should) die. If a Christian girl gets colon cancer and lives, it's a miracle. The atheist fellow in the next room that had brain cancer for 15 years and survived was nothing special.

It's all in the way a person tells the story.

I don't see how the shit would catch on fire. burned; Yes, the stairs were built to be sturdy but it was scientificly impossible. It should apparently collapse at any moment, yet it doesn't.  And the man wasn't the one who told the people at the church, it was the scientists who took a sample of the wood. Sure, gullibility exists, but so does faith and religion.

But the overdose was deadly. She was brutally sick and beyond recovery at the time she was in the hospital.

I can't really say that's wrong. For it's true, there are radicalists out there that make everything seem to be a miracle. However, I think the cause and effects in these situations make it more than propaghanda.

I am the Atheist God.

[EDWRD]

Can't really say no, but neither can I yes.

Solar and Lunar

Quote from: darkarrow52 on April 30, 2007, 08:23:58 PM
Can't really say no, but neither can I yes.

What an explanation...
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Go Up