March 28, 2024, 04:33:25 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Daddy

April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:17:35 PM by JMV290
I'm just going to edit this and say "No".

I believe there is a small possibility that he may exist, but I also believe in an equal possibility that we are living in a computer simulation--both are really small possibilities to me though.

Ricky

ClassicTyler

Riosan

I do. Frankly, I don't see how there couldn't be a God. So many things have happened in my life that were good for me that they couldn't have just all been fate or coincidence.

LCK

No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

I find all of it to be idiotic. It just seems like an over the top fairy tale.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.
I need just about definite proof to believe this kind of stuff.

DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE ME OF ANYTHING. I WON'T BELIEVE IT.

anus

I do believe in God. I believe that someone made the trees and the Earth and other planets. I just can't fathom them appearing all by themselves.
dicks

Tri4se

Quote from: LCK on April 16, 2007, 04:34:16 PM
No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.

The Gospel writers never even met Jesus.  china;

LCK

Quote from: Tri4se on April 16, 2007, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: LCK on April 16, 2007, 04:34:16 PM

The Gospel writers never even met Jesus.  china;
Those embellishing bastards. kratos;

Rugals

Quote from: GCD333 on April 16, 2007, 05:20:45 PM
I do believe in God. I believe that someone made the trees and the Earth and other planets. I just can't fathom them appearing all by themselves.
Yeah. Same here.
I remember hearing someone (I think it was the Southpark guys, of all people) say something to the effect of, "I think atheism is silly. I believe in God. I think the dumbest belief is the one that says "we're all here just 'cause. No reason. Just 'cause."
And I pretty much agree with that.

Lozal

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 16, 2007, 04:17:56 PM
It'd be awesome to spend the rest of eternity in paradise, but my brain doesn't wanna believe in god.
Same here. All my friends and family have always taught me that if I don't believe, I'll go to hell. But I'm seriously questioning if He really does exist.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

ncba93ivyase

Unless I am god, there is no possible way for a god to exist. This world is a result of my own mind.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The Oggmonster

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

UnagiPower

Quote from: Lawlz on April 17, 2007, 01:53:14 PM
Unless I am god, there is no possible way for a god to exist. This world is a result of my own mind.

No, I am pretty sure I am me... Unless you can read my mind and what not.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 17, 2007, 06:21:57 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 17, 2007, 01:53:14 PM

No, I am pretty sure I am me... Unless you can read my mind and what not.
Prove to me you exist.

You can't. We live in and control our own separate universes.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

mariofreak55

There is no way of proving God. Christianity is revolved around faith. You have to have faith that God is there, and if you don't, then you don't.

Go Up