May 04, 2024, 11:11:24 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Necro

Quote from: DecembeR on May 20, 2007, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: Necro on May 19, 2007, 10:25:07 AM
@ DecembeR: Yeah, I don't even think it's worth making a post like that anymore. So many things about that religion contradict with another thing from the religion, it's outrageous. Making a huge post about yet another thing is kind of pointless. Not saying you're in trouble, but just a heads up, you don't need to go into huge detail about it. y;

Still, I was bored, and I wanted to prove my point.  caterpie;
Your avi scares me.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Kalahari Inkantation

May 20, 2007, 08:16:32 PM #106 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:16:17 AM by Tectrinket
My answer is somewhat complicated and depends on the definition of the word "god", but for the sake of simplicity: No.

6M69I69B9

I do! I think it's kinda stupid not believing in things that are good.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

Quote from: Original_MIB on May 20, 2007, 08:18:27 PM
Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny are all "good", they give you stuff.

Flooding the earth to kill everyone(well, except Noah and his family) doesn't seem good.
Allowing Satan to kill Job's family and give him boils doesn't seem good.
There are many things the bible says he has done that wouldn't be good.

V

...Wow. Please leave and come back to serious discussion when you can input real thought into the discussion.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: JMV290 on May 20, 2007, 08:22:19 PM
Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny are all "good", they give you stuff.

Flooding the earth to kill everyone(well, except Noah and his family) doesn't seem good.
It's easy to say that those things aren't real.... A fat guy who rides in a sleigh?  A big Easter bunny giving out eggs when you find a tag on the costume? A big castle made out of teeth that's floating in the sky? Anyways... Your right about

But there has to be a story behind all of that...

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Necro

Quote from: Original_MIB on May 20, 2007, 08:30:13 PM

It's easy to say that those things aren't real.... A fat guy who rides in a sleigh?  A big Easter bunny giving out eggs when you find a tag on the costume? A big castle made out of teeth that's floating in the sky? Anyways... Your right about

But it's hard to say that some all-knowing guy we've never seen runs things? psyduck;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Necro on May 20, 2007, 08:32:04 PM

But it's hard to say that some all-knowing guy we've never seen runs things? psyduck;
Not when you have alot of believers... Sure the Easter Bunny and all those other fictional characters have lots of kids believing in them but everyone knows that it's just a person in a costume... Anyways... People question how did the world start and how did we get made? The answer can't be nothing...

SBKT

Well, I believed in Santa until Iw as 15, thing was, I thought I actually saw him sneaking through our house.

Necro

Quote from: Original_MIB on May 20, 2007, 08:42:41 PM

Not when you have alot of believers... Sure the Easter Bunny and all those other fictional characters have lots of kids believing in them but everyone knows that it's just a person in a costume... Anyways... People question how did the world start and how did we get made? The answer can't be nothing...
But it doesn't have to be in that of "god". Think like you did for those little myths. The answer to who was putting presents under the tree was Santa, until you thought about it, and realized it was your parents' doing. Now think about the creation of the universe, beyond that of a proofless "all knower".

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on May 20, 2007, 08:42:41 PM

Actually, the answer could be nothing. There really isn't much evidence that our universe exists, since nothing extends beyond the realm of our thought and imagination.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

sn3t

Do you seriously believe that everything around you is your imagination?  Why don't you just imagine yourself anything you want, or did you just imagine yourself up a set of rules prohibiting you from imagining anything you want?  While you were at it you must of just imagined up the highly complicated world of science, which you can't even understand entirely yourself, but you had to of imagined it up in the first place.. kinda strange. 

You can't just of imagined up science, you would of had to imagine up the contents of science, down the the very last thing.  Every last thing in the world down to the last piece of dust in India you would of had to imagined up. Even this completely retarded theory has to answer the question where things came from. Where YOU came from to imagine up the world you are in.

Either you introduced us to the most ridiculous theory for the sake of argument or you are truly... well, stupid to say the least. No offense(Unless you truly believe this theory, then offense).

LCK

May 22, 2007, 08:48:58 PM #117 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:54:18 PM by LCK
Quote from: sn3t on May 22, 2007, 08:45:21 PM
Do you seriously believe that everything around you is your imagination?  Why don't you just imagine yourself anything you want, or did you just imagine yourself up a set of rules prohibiting you from imagining anything you want?  While you were at it you must of just imagined up the highly complicated world of science, which you can't even understand entirely yourself, but you had to of imagined it up in the first place.. kinda strange. 

You can't just of imagined up science, you would of had to imagine up the contents of science, down the the very last thing.  Every last thing in the world down to the last piece of dust in India you would of had to imagined up. Even this completely retarded theory has to answer the question where things came from. Where YOU came from to imagine up the world you are in.

Either you introduced us to the most ridiculous theory for the sake of argument or you are truly... well, stupid to say the least. No offense(Unless you truly believe this theory, then offense).
Of course, "some guy up in the sky creating everything around us" is a completely logical theory.
There are no limits to what the mind can think up.
Acosmism seems like the most intriguing theory to me at this point.

For the time being, I'll just stick to atheism.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: sn3t on May 22, 2007, 08:45:21 PM

I merely state possiblities. Nothing is ever certain.

If the universe is controlled by one's subconscious, they they don't really "decide" everything that goes on, do they? It's influenced by the conscious mind's experiences, but not controlled by it.

Could you prove anything existed before your lifetime? Can you prove to anyone else you exist, or can anyone else prove to you they exist?  The only thing that can be proven is existence of the mental realm of oneself.

I wouldn't necessarily say I believe this theory, but I think about and develop it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

I think organized religion is a load of bullshit, but I'm not going to stop you from believing in God.

Go Up