April 23, 2024, 04:32:46 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Necro

Quote from: LCK on April 16, 2007, 04:34:16 PM
No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

I find all of it to be idiotic. It just seems like an over the top fairy tale.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.
I need just about definite proof to believe this kind of stuff.

DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE ME OF ANYTHING. I WON'T BELIEVE IT.
Thanks, I've been looking for a new macro. y;

I think all religion is stupid. Besides, what kind of amazing god would want people to go to war killing eachother just over their beliefs? Blasphemy.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 22, 2007, 08:31:50 PM
No, I don't. I've never really believed. My parents tried to raise me to believe, but it just never sunk in.

For all we really know, the bible was just a Fictional book written by some crazy ass guy. The way I see it, it's like someone 2000 years from now finding some sort of Edgar Allen Poe book, and worshiping what's inside it.

Sure, some people have found some things that could be considered proof of Jesus' crucifixion, but I don't believe it.

I think all religion is stupid. Besides, what kind of amazing god would want people to go to war killing eachother just over their beliefs? Blasphemy.
I think you're misinterpreting Christian beliefs a little there. True followers of Christ wouldn't kill a person over anything, especially their beliefs. Any "Christian" who would kill someone, or even dislike them, for the sole purpose of religious beliefs would be part-taking in what is called "false worship." If they were true Christians they would learn from and try to teach the teachings of Jesus, not start wars and/or kill people over them.

Necro

Quote from: Charizard-level100 on April 22, 2007, 09:54:35 PM
Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 22, 2007, 08:31:50 PM

I think you're misinterpreting Christian beliefs a little there. True followers of Christ wouldn't kill a person over anything, especially their beliefs. Any "Christian" who would kill someone, or even dislike them, for the sole purpose of religious beliefs would be part-taking in what is called "false worship." If they were true Christians they would learn from and try to teach the teachings of Jesus, not start wars and/or kill people over them.
Yes, but you're not gonna find a "true christian" in any political party, which attempts to control everything. pseudo;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Sarcastically Insane

As contrary to... well, the opinions of everyone I know, I'm actually a Christian.

Yes, I know we should be holy, centered people... I just wasn't born that way. There's a short in that cord.

And to the people who say they don't believe in God, that's okay. I don't blame you, honestly. Our religion is based on faith, simply the reliance that something is there though it may not be.

But I'm not going to try and force you to believe in God. If it were that easy to make people conform, we wouldn't be where we are today.

I'm cool with everyone's beliefs, but anyone's capable of pissing me off sooner or later. :P Doesn't necessarily have to be related to religion, either.

V

I do believe there is a higher being, but I am not sure. I mean, there is a lot of scientific evidence that supports theories that there is no God, and that the world just came about. I am kind of indifferent on the whole subject.

My number one question is, they say God can see what will happen it the world before it actually happens, so that means he foresaw all the wrong that is going on right now. Why the hell does he still allow it to happen? Things like that keep me skeptical on the whole situation... y;

Feynman

Abraham was told by an angel as a messenger of god to kill his son, loving god, he did so and god replaced the body of his son with that of a sheep testing Abraham's faith. Mohammad's journey would've never been completed without the help of such an entity as god. There are much more stories that prove the existence of god (most in the Qur'an). Although you might find some of these unbelievable and maybe even "fake", but by understanding the words written in these holy books will give one a better understanding of this entity known as god. Those that do not believe in god base their belief in science and logic, but understanding what kind of proof there is and what these holy books like the Qur'an and the Bible are saying is another thing. It doesn't take a genius to not believe in god, it takes someone with a mind to believe in god by actually reading. Sure, your parents tell you about god, but what does that tell you? Nothing. You have to find out yourself and how else? By reading. Read the Qur'an before jumping to these conclusions, read the bible before coming to conclusions because I'm sure most of you "non-believers" haven't.

LOL SCIENTIFIC MUMBO-JUMBO. BIG BANG, LOL! EVOLUTION, LOL! You're going to believe in this shit?

Daddy

I've actually read the whole bible.  pseudo;

Feynman

Quote from: JMV290 on April 23, 2007, 01:34:05 PM

Read the translated version of the Qur'an, now.

Daddy

Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 01:36:03 PM

Read the translated version of the Qur'an, now.
I've actually made a thread about it  before and it got locked.  psyduck;

I think the Qur'an would be more believable than the Bible

Rugals

I find it sad that more atheists have read the whole bible than Christians.
At least, that's the way it seems.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 01:24:30 PM
Abraham was told by an angel as a messenger of god to kill his son, loving god, he did so and god replaced the body of his son with that of a sheep testing Abraham's faith. Mohammad's journey would've never been completed without the help of such an entity as god. There are much more stories that prove the existence of god (most in the Qur'an). Although you might find some of these unbelievable and maybe even "fake", but by understanding the words written in these holy books will give one a better understanding of this entity known as god. Those that do not believe in god base their belief in science and logic, but understanding what kind of proof there is and what these holy books like the Qur'an and the Bible are saying is another thing. It doesn't take a genius to not believe in god, it takes someone with a mind to believe in god by actually reading. Sure, your parents tell you about god, but what does that tell you? Nothing. You have to find out yourself and how else? By reading. Read the Qur'an before jumping to these conclusions, read the bible before coming to conclusions because I'm sure most of you "non-believers" haven't.

LOL SCIENTIFIC MUMBO-JUMBO. BIG BANG, LOL! EVOLUTION, LOL! You're going to believe in this shit?
Sure, fairy tales are always more logical than a foolish idea of adaptation.

I don't believe the Big Bang theory at all, but pretty much everything else science supports I agree with. Anything makes more sense than a single entity creating an entire universe then blessing one or a few select men, and entirely ignoring us the past two milleniums.

And who would you trust? A man like Stephen Hawking that spends his life studying the universe with loads of evidence to back it up, or a book of fables written around or before 1,000 years ago?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 02:43:10 PM
And who would you trust? A man like Stephen Hawking that spends his life studying the universe with loads of evidence to back it up, or a book of fables written around or before 1,000 years ago?

I would trust that book. You'll find out one day that all this Scientific shit that overlaps on Religion is all shit rolled up in some crap and a side of poop-juice.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 03:35:38 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 02:43:10 PM

I would trust that book. You'll find out one day that all this Scientific shit that overlaps on Religion is all shit rolled up in some crap and a side of poop-juice.
Wow, you're a true-fucking-genius.

OH NO, IF IT CONTRADICTS STUFF I LEARNED AS A WEE TODDLER, IT'S WRONG. OLD BOOKS CAN NEVER BE WRONG. EVIDENCE AND MODERN RESEARCH AND DISCOVERIES ARE LIES.

By the way, are you a member of the Flat Earth Society?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:06:51 PM
OLD BOOKS CAN NEVER BE WRONG. EVIDENCE AND MODERN RESEARCH AND DISCOVERIES ARE LIES.

This is by-far the most intelligent think you've said during this session. thumbup; Anyway, I'm not going to sustain this argument between "old books" and this "modern" shit. I believe in god and that's that.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Eminem on April 23, 2007, 04:10:48 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on April 23, 2007, 04:06:51 PM
OLD BOOKS CAN NEVER BE WRONG. EVIDENCE AND MODERN RESEARCH AND DISCOVERIES ARE LIES.

This is by-far the most intelligent think you've said during this session. thumbup; Anyway, I'm not going to sustain this argument between "old books" and this "modern" shit. I believe in god and that's that.
Doesn't mean you have to remain oblivious to common sense.

Go Up