breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: … on January 15, 2016, 04:41:43 PM
What's the price on the bundles? Is it over $60?
it IS $60.
The amiibo bundle is what the first prints of the game are.

Or at least, it's the only version gamestop has available for preorder

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 15, 2016, 04:12:51 PM
pretty sure amiibos are what's keeping nintendo afloat at this point lol

yeah which seems great for them in the short term but lol

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/12/kimishima-on-amiibo-collectors/

amiibo were designed to complement nintendo games

instead, amiibo sales in lieu of actual game sales only further cement nintendo's status as a legacy brand

after the nx proves itself to be a spectacular flop, nintendo will find itself with no choice but to revert to its original status as a mere toy company boyahbby

don't let's

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on January 15, 2016, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on January 15, 2016, 04:12:51 PM
pretty sure amiibos are what's keeping nintendo afloat at this point lol

yeah which seems great for them in the short term but lol

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/12/kimishima-on-amiibo-collectors/

amiibo were designed to complement nintendo games

instead, amiibo sales in lieu of actual game sales only further cement nintendo's status as a legacy brand

after the nx proves itself to be a spectacular flop, nintendo will find itself with no choice but to revert to its original status as a mere toy company boyahbby

as long as i can get mario on steam i dont really give a shit  happydood;

Classic

Quote from: Tectron on January 15, 2016, 03:44:23 PM
You're Killing Me

and, in the long term, your beloved nintendo akudood;

Twilight Princess is one of me least favorite Zelda games too. sillydood;

don't let's

C.Mongler

bluaki

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/legend-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-trailer-details-amiibo-features

There's a new Twilight Princess HD Amiibo trailer.

The "dungeon" that Wolf Link unlocks really isn't a proper dungeon, but rather a room where you fight waves of enemies as a challenge while in Wolf form.
Other Zelda characters' amiibo have minor effects: refilling your arrows for free (Link), refilling hearts (Zelda/Sheik), or taking double damage (Ganondorf)

Ultimately, I'd say it looks like this remake has less effort and meaningful tweaks put in it than any other Zelda remake so far. OoT3D, MM3D, WWHD, LttP-GBA, and FourSwords-DSi all make more substantial changes.

[spoiler]I'll still buy it[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on January 20, 2016, 07:26:30 PM
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/legend-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-trailer-details-amiibo-features

There's a new Twilight Princess HD Amiibo trailer.

The "dungeon" that Wolf Link unlocks really isn't a proper dungeon, but rather a room where you fight waves of enemies as a challenge while in Wolf form.
Other Zelda characters' amiibo have minor effects: refilling your arrows for free (Link), refilling hearts (Zelda/Sheik), or taking double damage (Ganondorf)

Ultimately, I'd say it looks like this remake has less effort and meaningful tweaks put in it than any other Zelda remake so far. OoT3D, MM3D, WWHD, LttP-GBA, and FourSwords-DSi all make more substantial changes.

[spoiler]I'll still buy it[/spoiler]
I kinda figured that the "dungeon" wouldn't actually be a dungeon.

I even said to myself, "I bet it's just a Cave of Ordeals-style thing."

Kalahari Inkantation

"When the going gets tough, the tough tap Amiibo."

Really?

glorified microtransactions

just what i've always wanted in a core nintendo experience

this is nintendo's future: lazy filler software terminally infected with amiibo gimmicks

i thought amiibo were designed to complement games, but actually it seems as if it's the other way around

C.Mongler

it's like only children own amiibos and they're the one's who would ever find the going getting tough lol

now that this dungeon shit has been unveiled i dont really give a shit anymore but i still probably wont get it cuz TP isnt a very good game lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i think tp's a fine game but as such it definitely deserves a better rerelease than this

a lazy upscale and some exploitative amiibo gimmicks simply don't do tp justice

save it for the nx or nx2 and make it look like that wii u tech demo :'(

C.Mongler

literally every video game publisher has been doing lazy upscales for years tho lol this isn't just nintendo

look at the ps3

look at half the ps4's library

Kalahari Inkantation

unlike many of the other games being lazily upscaled, tp was hideous from the minute it was launched

this could have been their chance to fix that awdood;

and the games being upscaled for replaystation4/xbollox one were built from the ground up using hd assets to begin with, the graphical discrepancy between them and actual 8th gen games isn't as great and so they simply don't need as much work lol

tp didn't have that luxury, and i guess it never will

also the fact that bad industry practices are widespread doesn't absolve nintendo of guilt for following such trends, but i suppose that doesn't really matter when things like this sell oodles anyway

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on January 21, 2016, 07:11:14 AM
unlike many of the other games being lazily upscaled, tp was hideous from the minute it was launched

this could have been their chance to fix that awdood;

and the games being upscaled for replaystation4/xbollox one were built from the ground up using hd assets to begin with, the graphical discrepancy between them and actual 8th gen games isn't as great and so they simply don't need as much work lol

tp didn't have that luxury, and i guess it never will

also the fact that bad industry practices are widespread doesn't absolve nintendo of guilt for following such trends, but i suppose that doesn't really matter when things like this sell oodles anyway

sooooooo you're giving sony a pass for doing lazy horse shit but not nintendo? because that's 100% exactly what you're saying with that statement lmao "up-porting" games that have basically no gains to be made besides being able to be sold to a new install base is the definition of lazy and cash-grabbing lol

like yeah it would be nice if nintendo LITERALLY REMADE twilight princess as it seems like you have some weird expectation for them to do, but i don't think thats a realistic expectation for a game thats not going to sell that great on a system that already hasn't sold well. honestly the graffix from the latest trailer look pretty spiffy, and if you don't think so you've got some MAJORRRR rose tinted glasses on because the OG Wii release of TP looks like fucking ass now.

Go Up