breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

TooB

Yyyyyeeeeeeaahhh...  me and kaz just watched that fight.
It's really fucking stupid.

C.Mongler

yeah it's pretty dumb.like there was never anything wrong with that fight to begin with so i don't know why they felt the need to change anything; before it was literally HIT IT UNTIL IT DIES. which was fine, considering most enemies in zelda function that way. they wanted to add more challenge i guess? but it lacks any forethought because this is a game with a huge following and it felt like i had the rug pulled from under me a little bit because i spent the whole fight punching (literally punching, you lose your sword when using the giants mask now for whatever fucking reason now) twinmold like i thought you had to do per usual and he/it would fall to the ground and there was some visual emphasis on his tail, so I would be like OKAY I GUESS I GOTTA HIT THE TAIL. well punching him in the tail has the same hit sound/effect as it does when he's in the air, so it took like 3 cycles for me to think "oh maybe thats not even fucking doing anything", so i tried light arrows because, hey, i got them in the temple, and they seemed to have no more obvious of an effect. on top of that they aded balls which look like they are destructible like the pillars that surround the stage, but they aren't, they are meant for throwing at twinmold which i didnt even figure out until the very last damage cycle

and eventually i just googled it and oh, when he falls to the ground you have to walk over to his head and you'll get a prompt to hug him, IF YOU DONT Z TARGET AT ALL, which does damage. everything else is basically pointless because his damage meter resets if he hits the ground and gets back up.

so anyway i'm sure they'd try to shoehorn bullshit like that into TP if they made the effort to change anything so i'm kind of glad they aren't now lol because holy fuck that left a horrible taste in my mouth for zelda remakes

TooB

even doing the fight "right" (flinging him around and slamming him) it still took forever in the video we watched.

in addition, they actually changed EVERY boss fight at least a little bit, aside from the Majora fight

C.Mongler

Quote from: Loto on February 08, 2016, 11:29:14 AM
even doing the fight "right" (flinging him around and slamming him) it still took forever in the video we watched.

in addition, they actually changed EVERY boss fight at least a little bit, aside from the Majora fight

yeah it still does, i think it took me like 20 minutes total, and it's annoying because hearts dont spawn very frequently and giant link maneuvers like a dipshit so its really easy to get hit (and does like a quarter of your life if you're a little dude) so even with two faeries it was a struggle.

the other boss fight changes weren't nearly as bad; i only noticed the gyorg changes up until that point, and those weren't really that dumb

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 08, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Quote from: Loto on February 08, 2016, 11:29:14 AM

yeah it still does, i think it took me like 20 minutes total, and it's annoying because hearts dont spawn very frequently and giant link maneuvers like a dipshit so its really easy to get hit (and does like a quarter of your life if you're a little dude) so even with two faeries it was a struggle.

the other boss fight changes weren't nearly as bad; i only noticed the gyorg changes up until that point, and those weren't really that dumb
yeah, the other changes are not bad. but twinmold sure is...

bluaki

I never got as far as the Twinmold fight in the original Majora's Mask

When I played MM3D, I felt that fight was pretty frustrating. I remember having a lot of trouble with hearts, magic, and the time limit. I think I had the same problem of not seeing the prompt to slam the boss for quite a while and wondering if I was doing something wrong because the fight kept dragging on with no apparent progress, making it by far the hardest boss fight in the game for me.

Samus Aran

in the original all you did was use the giants mask at the beginning of the fight (you find it in the dungeon, not in the boss fight) and whack at twinmold with your sword while you're giant and that's it

while it was originally a lackluster fight, now it's just dumb

C.Mongler

i mean it wasnt ground breaking or anything dont get me wrong, it just at least made sense; now it's like trying to figure out a puzzle while also not dying in three hits since i spent a shitload of time as tiny lonk cuz i thought i was doing something wrong as big lonk

Go Up